1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I know you are right. But when I have success and help others and then I fall, I can’t help but feel that I disappointed you and I want to hide and not be seen.

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. Deysonn

Deysonn Fapstronaut

What is truly disaapointing would not be sticking around to get the help support you need. Remember life is a journey and not a destination.

3. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I only like the good parts of the journey. The other parts I want to run from or escape. I only enjoy the journey when it’s successful. Being present for failure hurts so much.

Espi1971 likes this.
  4. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi, I was on vacation but I'm back. I estimate that in a couple of days there will be another place to join the group!
    Welcome!

Espi1971 likes this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi, @Gazz20 Sorry for the delay but I was on vacation. If you are still interested, I think in a couple of days there will be room to join.

Espi1971 likes this.
  6. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello @AcousticBruce , glad to read you. Sorry for the delay but I was on vacation. If you are still interested, I think in a few days there will be room to join.

Espi1971 likes this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Well read something of yours again! You are on the waiting list and I think you will soon be added to the group

Espi1971 likes this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello, sorry for the delay in answering, I just returned from vacation. If you are still interested, it may be that in a few days we have vacancies.

Espi1971 likes this.
  9. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

I'm back!
    Thanks @Espi1971 and @RightEffort for keeping the group alive! :)
    I spent a couple of weeks on summer vacations, we really enjoyed them as a family.
    I just updated the ranking, very good to see the progress.
    These days I will catch up reading the posts!
    Greetings to all!

RightEffort, ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  11. Welcome back brother!

My pleasure - I appreciate this group and thank you for the time you put in updating things and running the show :)

Espi1971 likes this.
  12. Paf-On

Paf-On Fapstronaut

Hallo @persona2903 ...

Thanks for your up date...
    I'm in Day 58 and still counting...
    This is my longest streak of my life...

Espi1971 likes this.
  13. Experience a deep sense of gratitude for the consistency and my new found stablity in life and routines.

It is like a miracle - I have so much energy and willingness to face lifes hardship with peacefulness.

I give credit to my daily meditation practice and no pmo which set the foundation for my practice.

I genuinly intend to do all I can to keep this and make it into a habit for life

ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  14. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Welcome back @persona2903! Nice to hear that you enjoyed your vacation :) but I am glad to have you back my friend.

persona2903 likes this.
  15. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

This evening I have a 3rd date with a woman of character, strength, and beauty. We're attending a Super Bowl get-together at her friends, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Though I have much work to do, I feel like I am developing character: I have been 100% honest with this woman: no lies, no exceptions. Ever. This is new for me.

It feels good to have nothing to hide.

It feels good to be invited to a social event, without any desire to bring or consume alcohol.

It feels good to win the affection of woman who owns a business and makes a living through her passion and creativity.

It feels good to have zero compulsion or expectation for casual sex.

She is not the most physically attractive woman I've ever dated, but she is genuine, personable, humble, and very supportive toward me. So I notice that my priorities have changed: I'm much more interested in women who possess more than a body. I'm looking for character, strength AND beauty--in that order.

I have no idea what's going to happen tonight. There hasn't been much physical affection between us. She knows I'm dating other people, so I'm not in a rush, and casual sex is no longer a part of my playbook.

What is for certain is that I am a changed man. I'm not as confident or aggressive around women because I no longer mask my fear and insecurities through weed, alcohol, testosterone, and alprazolam. But I feel like I am a humbled and honest man, living a life of joy, strength, peace, and (dare I say) CHARACTER.

Thank you All for your support and encouragement!

persona2903, teece and ANewFocus like this.
  16. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

I wholehearedtly agree. I personally regard flatlining as a blessing.

17. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

In my opinion there is ALWAYS a purpose in showing up. I am always inspired by those who admit failure yet refuse to give up.

ANewFocus likes this.
  18. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Good stuff there @newtry. I keep reading posts on here about the benefits of walking. I have been avoiding the gym the past few weeks, which is definitely not like me. My energy levels have been very low lately, and when I go a few days without exercise I feel like it affects my mindset. At least I am adhering to a clean diet, though. And my consumption of alcohol remains at a minimum.

Wishing you the best on your search for a good Christian girl.

19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’ve been struggling with triggers at the gym and using Instagram. I need to acknowledge and accept that the way I want to use Instagram is not appropriate and I need to let it go.

Espi1971 and RightEffort like this.
  20. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

@persona2903 congratulations on reaching 270 days my friend!

270_d_in_mo.jpg