1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Congrats man - I have gotten of many meds myself also.

Each time with lots of fear of what could go wrong but only to discover all my fears were in my mind and could easily replace them with exercise, and meditation and eating a very conscious diet.

Espi1971 likes this.
  2. hey bro just sharing my experience - while I have attended many AA and SA and NA meetings what i noticed is that the content of what they talk about is not that important - I find the energy and the level of consciousness of the people is more important in my recovery.

The sense of love, vulnerability, willingness to ask for help, and surrounding the addiction to higher power is what for me creates the miracle of transformation which uplifts me to be able to heal

persona2903, ANewFocus and Espi1971 like this.
  3. kllrbee

kllrbee Fapstronaut

I fully agree. Ive found that being active is key to recovery, not just in actively trying to beat this thing thru willpower, but actually going out and physically being active. I dont think this means one has to train for a marathon or take up a bodybiilding program (although those could be options). It means to just close the dang laptop or phone and go do something....anything else.

Thats what I learned from that experience. Sitting there at the computer is a major trigger...probly for most of us. But the taxes needed to be done, so kind of unavoidable. I guess one thing to try when that happens is to bring the laptop to a public place, like a coffeeshop or something. Just a thought.
    Thanks for your comments. Very helpful advice that I will use going forward.

RightEffort, persona2903 and Espi1971 like this.
  4. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I have been so tempted this week. Physical urges. Desire for pleasure. Been sleepy a lot. Mold is high here. Chaser effect from weekend with wife.

I must admit part of me has that “who gives a crap” mentality and just wants to go on another binge. But I know a binge will only be a short term fix until the next binge.
    A binge won’t help me recovery. It won’t bring me closer to my wife. It won’t make me happier long term. I will return to feeling anxious at work and about life. I will lose motivation for good things in my life like weight loss and health. If I binge, I’ll be ashamed to admit it in here so I’ll isolate for a week, just putting off my eventual recovery.

Espi1971 and persona2903 like this.
  5. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

A very good show of willpower, this is how it should be done!
    Congrats!

Espi1971 and kllrbee like this.
  6. Misty1984

Misty1984 Fapstronaut

I haveread the rules and would like to join this group

Espi1971 and persona2903 like this.
  7. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello, we already subscribe you to the waiting list, maybe in a few days they will become vacant.
    I take this opportunity to congratulate you on your decision to leave PM and enter a better standard of living!

Misty1984 and Espi1971 like this.
  8. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hello @parad0x , you did not publish much during February, I hope you have continued on "the good path" ... if so, in one day you will receive the prestigious MEDAL OF HONOR :emoji_medal: award!

Espi1971 likes this.
  9. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

You know what I think those are GREAT reminders, not only for yourself, but for me, too.

I like this post:

https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?t...y-first-320-days-of-reboot.62938/#post-473978

ANewFocus likes this.
  10. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

Checking in 126 days hardmode.

Last night was my first night's sleep without sleeping pills. I went to bed at 8:30 PM feeling exhausted, and I woke up at least once (12:30 AM), but I re-awoke this morning at 5 AM feeling alert and refreshed. Lots of vivid dreams, too, which is a good sign. A sign of recovery.

Spoke to my younger sister last night for the first time in 6 years. Slowly, I feel like I'm re-gaining family. I've now spoken to both of my sisters recently, both for the first time in nearly 6 years.

I skipped the gym yesterday so I will train at the gym this evening. It's Friday, and I'm tired, and I just want the workweek to end, and I want to go straight home, drink some beers, have a few shots, and flirt with a beautiful woman or two via the telephone.

But this is a day to prove to myself that I am a goal-driven, disciplined person. So booze and women will have to wait. Even though it's Friday, I'm going to train hard this evening, weights and cardio, and I'm going to sweat. A lot.

No excuses. No matter how tired or deflated I may feel after work today, I'm sticking to my training. I've been training hard and eating very clean lately, and the results are showing, but I want to keep raising the bar, keep pushing myself.

Have a great day All! Looking forward to hearing how you guys are doing :)

ANewFocus likes this.
  11. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I didn’t get the job. I still have a job so that’s good. Haven’t been happy at the job for 2 years, but still have one, so that is good.

Even so, last night as I was sharing with my wife, I wanted to PMO so bad. I wanted her to turn off my filters and do it. I decided to go eat ice cream instead. I know it’s not better, but I chose it over PMO. I feel better today with that choice.

Today my goal is to minimize my negative thinking and focus on the positive in my life.

Espi1971 likes this.
  12. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

You are conquering big steps. I am inspired by your discipline and focus.

Espi1971 likes this.
  13. kllrbee

kllrbee Fapstronaut

Ice cream is better.
    Good job!

Espi1971 and ANewFocus like this.
  14. JJones

JJones Fapstronaut

Goodness. I had another setback.

15. kllrbee

kllrbee Fapstronaut

Ugh...If I break now, Ill be in exactly this same place a few days from now.
    Time for a COLD SHOWER!!!

ANewFocus likes this.
  16. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Did you survive?

I went into panic yesterday. Therapy session really helped me get out of the spin cycle of my mind. Recommend therapy to anyone that can access it. It helps.

I am struggling with my analytical mind. I analyze all things and create stories that keep spinning in my head. Meditation helps sometimes.

17. Great job bro - so glad to hear this.

Glad to hear your working out it helps me to sleep so much deeper/longer, I find training in the morning is much better for me, as training late can interfere with my sleep.

Espi1971 likes this.

18. This is great @persona2903

I was thinking maybe we can add new ranking systems /medals for 1 year and 3 year and 5 years :D

Espi1971 likes this.
  19. kllrbee

kllrbee Fapstronaut

Relapse yesterday...binge. Resetting.

RightEffort likes this.
  20. Espi1971

Espi1971 Fapstronaut

I had a wet dream last night. At 49 years old! I never expected this to happen.

I'm choosing to view this as a good sign...a sign of recovery.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.