1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

I wish I knew . Every time I have to remind myself the hard way that it’s not really worth it .

Barakah likes this.
  2. Did you do your run?

Check out the hour of power on youtube by Tony Robins - learning how to do it has changed my life!~

Huw980 and Barakah like this.
  3. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Hey guys

I just relapsed yesterday. Day 12. At least that's a better streaks than the previous ones

I had family issues and I guess I unconsciously wanted to shut up the emotions I had so I got a big urge. I was able to resist it for some times then I finally relapsed.

I try to learn my lessons from this relapse in order to not make the same mistakes.

Have a nice day guys and may peace be with you

Huw980 likes this.
  4. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

Yes I went for a run on Monday but have slipped again the last 2 nights , my current goal is to not smoke weed for the next 5 days as that is too risky for me at the moment . The way I see it is I’ve had my relapse and now I need to move on

ANewFocus and Barakah like this.
  5. 177

3 days until it is 6 months for me - Im so thankful. Last time i was this far was over 6 years ago!

Then my life took off like crazy in every area - Finance, Romance, Lifestyle.

I am already seeing the positive shifts in all areas - there is more peace and harmony and moral courage and discipline. There is also more willingness to surrender, to meditate, to eat healthy and so on.

Thankful for this group and my mentors and Grace for watching over me day by day, taking it day by day.

Any moment an attack can come out of the blue - I just have to now forget about the 6months and think day 0 every day.

6. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

I am distracting myself with some good noirish movies

7. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Wish I could have a 6 months streak lol! Day 1 for me now
    So today I learned about the Power of Hour, as RightEffort was talking about it

I applied it and that completely shifted my mood. That was amazing. I will make it a part of my routine

Have a nice day guys

RightEffort likes this.
  8. Fantastic! keep that up

Also remember i started this process in 2009 - so i'm not special in that way - just practice and lots of failures - you got this

Barakah likes this.
  9. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Thanks
    Day 2. Pretty good day. I had some temptation going on

ANewFocus likes this.
  10. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

I've seen that a study has been published and showed that self-disciplined people are happier
    That motivated me to change my lifestyle

Attached Files:

RightEffort and ANewFocus like this.
  11. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

Well my girlfriend back today and I’ve done better than I would have done the last few days than the past . I did not pmo last night and I interrupted pmo Friday night but had 2 pretty bad lapses and 2 chases in the last week . Hard to recognise the progress but there is some progress . Went for a couple of runs , (another today ) ate ok , but didn’t get much work done, or all those tasks I was hoping to do like paint the wall etc etc so today is my 2nd day ‘clean’ stay strong folks this is a hard one to crack .

Barakah likes this.
  12. neilD

neilD Fapstronaut

Checking in.
    Was a real tough start, had a constant nagging urge on day 2. Managed to ignore it.
    Lasted about 5 days then relapsed, this time seems to have been easier and going to take strength from being able to previously being able to cope under pressure and try again.

ANewFocus likes this.
  13. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I’m struggling. It’s either unhealthy food or PMO. I have anxiety about a work project and keep responding with avoiding those emotions.

14. Huw980

Huw980 Fapstronaut

Anxiety about a work project is a big issue for me too . I have actually set up a separate work station in my shed so I have a sense of working somewhere seperate . Are you working from home , or going into work

ANewFocus likes this.
  15. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Working from home but might go back into work this week. Working from home has been more productive for me but I have had a harder time slowing down my thoughts at night to sleep, so I started sleeping later and not doing my recovery work in the morning.

16. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

I've also relapsed. Saturday night.
    About anxiety two things that I've known to be helpful are meditation and doing the Hour of Power

17. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Feeling great right now

Quarantine is over where I live so I went back to my appartement, going back to the workplace tomorrow

How are you doing guys

Huw980 likes this.
  18. GtnHrdAgn1

GtnHrdAgn1 Fapstronaut

Hey guys. I’m new and don’t really know much about how all this works. Is there room to join this group? I’m 35, married and would really appreciate giving and getting support from other folks. Sorry if posting out of turn.

Barakah likes this.
  19. hey man welcome just go to page 1 and read the rules super simple ;) then confirm that you understand the rules and request to be in the waiting list to join

20. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

We will take place very soon, you just have to enable the day counter without FAP. I put you on the waiting list.