1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Excellent! That awareness is key for me. to respond to that realization in real time and adjust the mindset, and use coping skills keeps me PMO-free. Stay strong.

John Call likes this.
  2. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Great insight for us from someone that has been on the path for a long time. Appreciate the lessons and encouragement.

3. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

How are you guys, i hope all is good with each of you, i'm 25 Days now and actually i'm suffering to keep it together, it's been constant pain of blue balls for the last 5 days now, plus today urges are hitting me so strong (i believe it's due to work stress) so i ran to you here guys to speak it out and i hope i can pass this difficult period, stay strong everyone.

persona2903 likes this.
  4. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

John - you can do this. Hang in there - I went through a similar tough time with physical urges right around Day 25. This will pass any moment now. DM if you want.

5. Transmute bro dont just abstain,

Hit the gym, meditate, pray, do breathing method (Wim Huff) Cold shower, Go for intense runs, Constnatly keep your attention on what is going well, Go for a run for 40 minutes, walk by the river, Touch the ground, ;walk on gras, jump in water.

MOST of all, if all fails, literally DROP on you knees and pray to whatever THING u believe in which is beyond ur own addicted self, and ask for help to carry you ONE MORE DAY and to open you up to the freedom, bliss and peace that is WITHIN your very reach and is your DIVINE RIGHT.

As Persona says, if you need help, we are HERE< but you have to ask, and you will be supported.

So in short, A) Transmute - dont just sit around and hope you wont relapse, chances are without a CHANGE in your daily habits of what you eat, how you wake up and waht you focus on, relapse is inevitable, but if you try even 1% improvement daily to move towards more health, more God and more humility you will win B) Take it ONE day at a time, dont worry about long term, right now you just want to focu on ONE day, and keep posting here every day, it helps to keep a constant contact w/ group to keep your faith strong.

You got this - but dont depend on your own self, depend on the Presence that is within you and has pulled you to live this lifestyle and trust it is working in you already.

Barakah, persona2903 and tonyk1982 like this.
  6. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

I'm still holding on, and i'm so blessed for having you guys, thanks @tonyk1982 and thanks @RightEffort for the encouragement it really helps to know that i'm not alone in this,

You gave me a complete detailed outline plan, and actually there's a lot of it that i should start doing, i appreciate it, and i promise you all will keep hearing good news from my side.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  7. 100% man - keep sharing small improvements, or challenges, as they say we are only as sick as our secrets. One day at at time. Do the next right thing. A little workout. A little prayer. a little more health. a little more forgiveness and so on.

John Call likes this.
  8. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 32 - things are very calm. I'm wondering if that nasty habit is going to jump out at me unexpected and get me while my guard is down. So here I am, trying to keep on track. Staying in the process that got me here. Anyone have similar experiences of feeling functional and like the PMO addiction isn't overtaking you any longer? What happened good or bad in that situation? Stay strong everyone.

ANewFocus and Barakah like this.
  9. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Thank you RightEffort for this advice

I'd like to make it a habit to turn to Him when I'm tempted / tired / angry / fearful..

10. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Barakah, John Call and RightEffort like this.
  11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

I am extremely happy to present the "9 Month Persistence Sash" to one of the most active, persevering and caring members of our accountability group:
    Mr. @RightEffort
    [​IMG]
    Congratulations, may you continue to inspire us with your example and your words!

Barakah, John Call and ANewFocus like this.
  12. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

The ranking is up to date.
    And if you want to join the group, you can request it!

13. Thank you so much brother!

Really appreciate your initiation to host this group and do all the maintenance and work that goes to keeping this up.

We are like a little family - being here for almost a year! and we are going stronger than ever.

His grace is our sufficiency and it is Him that is greater than us that has brought us together to be free.

I am humbled and deeply thankful for divine grace to be present with us to allow us to come this far and may all of us continue to expand in peace and harmony for the highest good of all.

Barakah, John Call and persona2903 like this.
  14. amazing you guys -

3 Months is a very serious and solid time.

it is a REAL stab at the ROOT of addiction.

Keep going with the same determination, humility and willingness as day 1 and may all of us expand in love and freedom for the highest good of all.

Barakah and John Call like this.
  15. Liberation111

Liberation111 Fapstronaut

Yes interested

persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  16. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

I'm requesting to be a part of your group, Thank you.

persona2903 and RightEffort like this.
  17. I just looked around the accountability group and I noticed that our group has the most
    nice picture - freedom of that Eagel is so magical

18. Some quotes I find helpful for my peace when tempted by greed, lust or envy or desire to have something, feeling like i am incomplete or lacking

The secret waits for the insight
    Of eyes unclouded by longing;
    Those who are bound by desire
    See only the outward container.

"Desire is a trap; desirelessness is liberation.
    Desire is the creator; desire is the destroyer.
    Desire is the universe." Ancient teachings

"Ever desireless, one can see the mystery.
    Ever desiring, one can see the manifestations."

4 "As you let go of pleasure, so you let go of pain" Richard Rudd

5 "Contentment is the greatest wealth" Buddha

6 "He who knows he has enough is truly rich.+" Lao Tzu

7 "Accept this moment as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it." Eckhart Tolle

8 "And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom." Jesus

John Call likes this.
  19. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

I continue to struggle to accept life in life’s terms. Work stress is high and I’m jealous of other success and afraid of failing on my own. And it eats my mind alive.

persona2903 and John Call like this.
  20. what do you think you can do from where you are to start making small but permanent change? :)