1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and older accountability, Group 2

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by persona2903, Nov 13, 2019.

1. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Almost PMOd tonight. Got close and started edging and then backed away. It was good to turn myself around for once and stop. Many times I just give in.

2. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

It’s tough when I start getting edgy emotionally and physically and I resist PMO, sometimes it’s hard not to be anxious and my wife feels it in my words. It’s an annoying loop where she gets upset at me being annoyed by small things and then I act out to go tolerate both. Still sober and trying.

persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  3. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

I started edging today too
    The urge is strong. Still did my meditation

ANewFocus likes this.
  4. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

It sucks so much when the physical urge comes. I get more prone to fantasize and also have sexual dreams.

persona2903 likes this.
  5. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Hello friends - a thought on "edging"...for me engaging in this behavior results in the same bad feelings (shame, guilt, loss of self-esteem) as PMO to completion. I try hard to slow down my response to the trigger that leads to getting started on the path to edge mode. Increasing awareness of the moment-to-moment wrong choices gives me a chance at turning things around before acting out occurs. Stay strong everyone.

ANewFocus, persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  6. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 6 - staying vigilant for chaser effect while continuing intimacy with wife. The next step in dealing with my addiction to PMO. Slowly getting the strength to engage with the wife and build the wall to compartmentalize my addiction so that IRL sexuality doesn't get my mind chasing P imagery, memories, and old bad habits. Just trying hard right now.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
    ANewFocus, persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  7. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

The urge is so strong today. Hoping a run tonight will use that energy for good.

8. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

One week. Tonight I went for a run when the urges were strong. I didn’t go on my computer until I had a specific plan. When I finished that I stepped away from the computer. My member still feels like it wants release. I must not give in. I want recovery and freedom from PMO more than I want the temporary pleasure.

persona2903 and Barakah like this.
  9. Barakah

Barakah Fapstronaut

Congrats man
    Let's do this and overcome the temptations

10. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Got through last night. Today is feeling better physically. I know urges will come. In the past every other day has been rough with urges. I have one week and that’s a good feeling.

We will do this.

tonyk1982, Barakah and persona2903 like this.
  11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Well done! That's the kind of thinking that will get you going!

Barakah and RightEffort like this.
  12. tonyk1982

tonyk1982 Fapstronaut

Day 8 - some stressful stuff hitting me the last few days. What used to be my natural response - go to PMO - isn't any longer. I think of that self as a different man. I can hardly imagine falling into my old PMO routine. Seeing that image of myself grosses me out. I am thankful for this site and to everyone here for the help. I know the addict is still in me, so will stay aware and not let my guard down.

ANewFocus likes this.
  13. newstart002

newstart002 Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join the group.

ANewFocus and persona2903 like this.
  14. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Congrats @GtnHrdAgn1 for your 90 Day Hall of Achievement!!
    [​IMG]

15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

We welcome @newstart002 to the accountability group! Can see your rank on post #1.

newstart002 likes this.
  16. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

Good work man!

My check in: super stressed at work but handling it better through meditation. Very few urges the last two days and that’s so nice.

Barakah likes this.
  17. John Call

John Call Fapstronaut

How are you all my friends, unfortunately i had a relapse couple of days ago, after hitting my longest streak of 36 days, now i'm back to day 2 and i still feel the change that happened to me in those PMO free 36 days, and i started a new streak hoping to achieve my goal of having a free PMO life, stay strong every one.

Barakah, persona2903 and tonyk1982 like this.
  18. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

36 days! Very nice work!

John Call likes this.
  19. newstart002

newstart002 Fapstronaut

Day 1 - hopefully the first of many!

ANewFocus and John Call like this.
  20. newstart002

newstart002 Fapstronaut

Day 2.

Managed to fight off urges yesterday, which was good. Normally, especially in recent times, I would have just succumbed but I managed to use some willpower and get through it.

persona2903 and tonyk1982 like this.