1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. zugish

zugish Fapstronaut

sure.... add me to the waiting list. thanks

2. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in... still on track.

God bless you guys I hope your doing well.

Deleted Account and GottaBFree like this.
  3. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Go on @zugish ! Time of change, you can do it.

4. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Cheking in, day 111. I still don't fully understand how I could get here. Very happy for this achievement but I don't think I have the "beast" dominated ... I'm still attentive and alert, walking one step a day.
    Greetings!

5. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

counter on 7

One day at a timing this thing still.

Timber and Deleted Account like this.
  6. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

I relapsed I will reset my counter.

7. Back to zero after several days of strong urges. 34 days, not a bad run, but I need to do better than that.

8. A great run brother...

artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  9. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Great effort mate!

artifact likes this.
  10. James-London

James-London Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

JJ_Kino likes this.
  11. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Check in after bad day yesterday. Back at the beginning......

artifact, GottaBFree and NICEDUDE like this.
  12. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Relapsed with minimal resistance. Nothing much to say.

13. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

What the hell is going on with all the relapses?! Lads, we can do it!

I really thought I would relapse this week. I am not in the clear yet. I had a nocturnal emission a couple of nights ago, which helped, but I’m not in the clear.

I’m going to ramble for a bit- I am coming to a realization but can’t quite articulate it yet. Here it goes...

It occurred to me in the middle of the worst week of temptations that a relapse requires an effort. You gotta get to that website, prep the area, find a private place, light a candle and play spice girls (or whatever you guys do, did I say too much?). The point is, it requires a series of steps. And the more steps you take, the worse it is to ignore the urge. Just don’t let yourself take those steps. Resisting each step is easier than resisting the whole thing. In fact, it becomes less about resisting and more about gently guiding yourself away from problem behaviours leading to PM.

I notice that it starts for me with looking at attractive women as objects of pleasure. It is worse in the summer for obvious reasons. But it is so much easier to avert my eyes than to resist PM when I have allowed myself to take all the steps that lead to it.

14. AEC Josh2415

AEC Josh2415 Fapstronaut

Checking in, and going back to the bottom of the ranking. Not good yesterday. Identify: loneliness as trigger. Need to find something productive to do when that happens.

persona2903 and NICEDUDE like this.
  15. WilBil99

WilBil99 Fapstronaut

Glad you were able to make it through Thursdays urges @Timber ! Looked like it was a tough one but not tougher that you! Great motivator my friend, well done!

artifact, GottaBFree and NICEDUDE like this.
  16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

reset. Got 7 days which isn’t great but better than I have been going. I diddnt log back in and had more..:: so that’s got to change.

Anyway, here’s to some new long streaks for the group.

17. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

Thanks! It’s been rough but being in this group helps a lot... a community of strugglers we are.

Circleinthesquare and WilBil99 like this.
  18. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

This is a great point. Rules for safety can keep me away from problems most of the time.

NICEDUDE likes this.
  19. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checkin' in one week already.
    Don't give up we have to take the power that this has over you. Don't let that PMO tyranny run your life.

I found this bible verses helpful lately

Romans 6.12-18 (MSG)
    12-14 That means you must not give sin a vote in the way you conduct your lives. Don’t give it the time of day. Don’t even run little errands that are connected with that old way of life. Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time—remember, you’ve been raised from the dead!—into God’s way of doing things. Sin can’t tell you how to live. After all, you’re not living under that old tyranny any longer. You’re living in the freedom of God.
    What Is True Freedom?
    15-18
    So, since we’re out from under the old tyranny, does that mean we can live any old way we want? Since we’re free in the freedom of God, can we do anything that comes to mind? Hardly. You know well enough from your own experience that there are some acts of so-called freedom that destroy freedom. Offer yourselves to sin, for instance, and it’s your last free act. But offer yourselves to the ways of God and the freedom never quits. All your lives you’ve let sin tell you what to do. But thank God you’ve started listening to a new master, one whose commands set you free to live openly in His freedom!

May we all can find strength in God !
    Blessings to all.

NICEDUDE and Timber like this.
  20. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Check in Monday. Bought myself a Chromebook that I use on the kitchen table where there are other people around. And I'm not working in the study where the temptation is too great....