1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. bold0101

bold0101 Fapstronaut

Bit of a struggle today with urges already. I know the first week is always the toughest, but come on! Lol. Hopefully it's a busy day at work, yesterday was a snoozefest...

GottaBFree and control your life like this.
  2. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

We are in the same place. I’ve had to drop thoughts of longer success. It’s cliche but one day at time baby! Lol.

Also, I’m not to big to admit on days with urges I pick a time a couple hours away and focus on making it that far lol. I’m not very good at starting streaks and that’s all I’ve got that’s worked.

It’s funny but most of the time kicking the urges that seem like they will be a battle ends it less than a minute later.

The longer days full of urges freak me out but it took me a couple months to get there last time so facing them again is a win. Hopefully I remember how bad it has been trying to get started again and find some motivation from that.

artifact and control your life like this.
  3. Despicable me

Despicable me Fapstronaut

4. Yellowknife

Yellowknife Fapstronaut

I really like the idea of this.

I am 100% serious and focused on stopping. I'd really like to be added to the waiting list.

I actually wouldn't mind an exception if you are willing. I've been using my journaling via nofap to chronicle quitting other major problems too.

I'm essentially doing an ultra hard hard mode and I would find this really helpful.

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    control your life likes this.
  5. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in... Boundless energy! On Hard mode!

6. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Checking in from day zero.

7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Still fighting. You’ve got it. I hope you have time to check in tomorrow on day 1. Take care!

Rebooter13 and control your life like this.
  8. You have been added to the waiting list. There are 13 people on the list ahead of you, so it will be several months before we have an opening for you. Watch your alerts, I will tag you in a comment.

9. Nice work, NICEDUDE!

control your life and NICEDUDE like this.
  10. Yellowknife

Yellowknife Fapstronaut

Appreciated. Hopefully I am semi-graduated here by then. I will keep an eye for alerts.

control your life and artifact like this.
  11. Despicable me

12. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

13. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in... I'll fight to get to the top-ten for starters, and then I'll go for more.

GottaBFree and control your life like this.
  14. Despicable me

Its a good feeling to be in top 10 in ranking system. But on the other hand, I feel sorry for the guys whose place im taking when moving up. It means they relapsed and for that I feel bad. I really do. I understand that Thats life, that Im moving up because someone falled. We get reward for our consistency and efforts. Still it doesnt take away the bad feeling, that fellow soldier in this fight fell. I hope that everyone in this fight will continue as long as it takes to win this war against PMO. Stay strong and motivated.

15. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Hi @GottaBFree !
    Hahaha... Barry White, good idea!!
    Thank you for your words, very usefull and motivating...
    I'm still on the road, little better than yesterday.
    Let's go ahead, if we make the decision to do it ... success will be inevitable!! :emoji_right_facing_fist::emoji_left_facing_fist:

control your life and GottaBFree like this.
  16. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Day 131, still fighting! Better than yesterday, my desire level of P lower but still there. I think that I can handle this.
    I'm a little scattered ... I have to force myself to concentrate on what I have to do.
    Thank you all for the support and encouragement!
    See you!

17. Please do not give in! You have made it over 4 months now. The desire for P will go away in time and you will be very happy that you didn't give in. This is a long fight no doubt, and you are well on your way. Don't turn back now.

control your life and Timber like this.
  18. control your life

control your life Distinguished Fapstronaut

I wish i would never move up ever and still be sober . How? We all have to win !

emanuel_free and NICEDUDE like this.
  19. Despicable me

I never said that I wish I would never move up. I told I feel bad for the guys who relapsed.

20. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I had what I can only describe a complete shit week a couple of weeks ago. What helped me was I just did nothing. Acting on the urges is doing something. Just let the storm pass! We are rooting for you!