1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Timber

Timber Fapstronaut

I quite agree. Nofap is not the goalin and of itself. It’s a process to get to your goals. It won’t fulfill you when you get “there.”

2. Misty1984

Misty1984 Fapstronaut

I haveread the rules and would like to join this group

3. I think this is a great point. I spend more time now thinking about things I am going to do to reach my goals rather than things I'm going to give up doing. At first though it was difficult to have that mindset because PMO was always calling me and I had to say no, but as my habits have changed, I find it calling me less and less and thoughts of working toward goals, and actually working toward goals, are flooding out the negative.

It's funny you mention thinking of PMO as a crime as that is how I chose the name Raskolnikov. The main reason though, that I felt like I was "committing a crime" was because I am married and I knew that it was not okay to do what I was doing.

4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Counter on 4.
    Hey guys; checking in. Still early on a new streak I hope to see it turn into a long one.

5. Lonesomedove

Lonesomedove New Fapstronaut

6. Lonesomedove

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

7. Lonesomedove

i am pm day 46 and have decide to go on "hard rewire" / or rebooting for my own reason. pmo day 4

8. Lonesomedove

I would agree fully .i now have more energy and am going to the gym more and more. just started this site think it will help. looking at your goal in a positive perspective e is great idea. i have moved now and have a girl sending me signs which is somewhat crushing because i dont know what to tell her and i m sure she thinks im a dick by now. i have been doing pm for a while now and have decided to do a hard rewire or reboot which ever its and and im sure of it now because of all the loss, which to very great amount.

Wolf2019 likes this.
  9. Mpaddict

Mpaddict New Fapstronaut

10. Mpaddict

Mpaddict New Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

11. persona2903

persona2903 Fapstronaut

Checking in day 286. A small outbreak of desire for PM these days, triggered by an erotic dream, lack of intimate relationships with my wife and a little tiredness. However, the consequences are not as 280 days ago. It is as if I was vaccinated and only had a small cold instead of a serious illness. Again I have to thank this group, a space of understanding and encouragement that until today is a great help! Thanks fight partners!

Rebooter13, artifact, Timber and 4 others like this.
  12. 2pres90

2pres90 Fapstronaut

Checking in. A week today.

artifact, GottaBFree and discovery like this.
  13. Wolf2019

Wolf2019 Fapstronaut

Two weeks for me! This is my usual outer limit but I am feeling good, successfully got through some tense family time without giving in to PMO, and am not feeling any particular urges. Prospects for adding another week to this streak are pretty good!

Rebooter13, artifact, Timber and 2 others like this.
  14. Vitabella

Vitabella Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group. My current streak is one day. I like the idea of checking in twice a week to keep it active, and the fact that this group has been around for a long time.

GottaBFree likes this.
  15. @Misty1984 , @Lonesomedove , @Mpaddict and @Vitabella - the group is currently full but you have been added to the waiting list in the order of your membership requests. It will probably be a few months before we have openings for you. (Watch your alerts.)

16. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Relapsed but this time was different..
    I couldn't get into it at all and i was like "You started it, now just fucking do it so you can do something more productive after that".The session was small compared to the past and i have no regrets and not bad mood today.I think i did it that just because i wanted a more clear streak, because one day on my last one i edged a little(more or less with the same mindset as my last relapse).
    I feel like things are changing for the better and all the reading i am doing about P addiction and other things i am interested in (some of them are connected to addictions and specially with P addiction) have altered my mind.

I am a nofap member for about 1,5 year or a little more and this is the first time i take it really seriously.I guess this is a journey i had to take..as people use to say rome has not been built in one day.I know i am in a good way but i will not lower my defences.

So here i am day 0 again with great mood and looking forward for a very good streak. :)

Have a nice weekend guys!

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
  17. I did too. Started edging on Facebook as usual and all my willpower just disappeared. The frustrating thing is that I was feeling good with no urges at all this morning and one suggestive picture took me down when I was trying to get a good streak started. I know I need to stay the hell off that site, it's nothing but a time waster. Oh well, starting over.

GottaBFree, Rebooter13 and discovery like this.
  18. Rebooter13

Rebooter13 Fapstronaut

Facebook could be a trap.Instagram is even worst (thank's god i don't have an account there).
    I am not technophobic or something (i am quite the opposite actually) but the amount of time we spend there is too big and the triggers for us are almost anywhere.
    The ancient greeks used to say "Παν μέτρον άριστον" which means "everything is moderation"...If you use it wise it's good.
    Unfollow a few people could help though ;)

artifact, discovery and GottaBFree like this.
  19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

If i set the counter right it would say 7 days.

I’ve been doing a good job staying focused on the goal. Most days where I want to fall in bad habits, but I haven’t given any ground at all. I’ve been stressed this week by real life stuff. That has lead to me wanting to waste time and disconnect, but I’m dealing with it in a more healthy way so far.

It hasn’t been the smooth sailing “easy” start, but I do feel committed. 1/2 day at a time for me.