1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Checking in. Urges last night but fought them off. Always get them at this time. Stay strong, gents.

2. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Thank you !! It has been a challenge to get here and to stay firm but is worth it! I couldn't have made it without the support of this group and nofap.

I've change my work shifts to nights so I'm trying to spend more family time and less computer time. I'm sorry i'm not as online as I was used to. But I am here enjoy the fresh air of freedom.

My pray is for all of you to stay firm, stay strong and stay free!!

discovery, GottaBFree, magvor and 3 others like this.
  3. eagle25

eagle25 Fapstronaut

Day 7, the difficult stage is starting and thinking about it a lot though not tempted.

JJ_Kino, ctr and magvor like this.
  4. @Lovelife247 - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome back and good luck in your recovery efforts.

5. Three failed weekends in a row, I guess due more to stress than any kind of urges. I know I'm not trying hard enough. But It's inspiring to see some of you older group members getting some impressive numbers these days, I plan to join you soon.

6. lowkeysonly

lowkeysonly Fapstronaut

@artifact I had 2 failed weekends in a row as well. Let's get back on the horse :emoji_muscle:

JJ_Kino, GottaBFree, NICEDUDE and 2 others like this.
  7. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Morning all, checking in

8. Lovelife247

Lovelife247 Fapstronaut

thank bro, I like that leader board! Trying to get in that top 10

9. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. I've started doing a very intense yoga routine, and it's been really great for centering myself and channeling that extra energy in a positive way.

Ik2, JJ_Kino, Wanttosucceed and 5 others like this.
  10. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Monday - got through the weekend which is always tough. Had sex last night as well. which hasnt happened for a very long time - so thats +ve!

11. sjindjin

sjindjin Fapstronaut

Checking in at the 4 weeks mark, pretty content with that. After last week's single psub exposure, it took me 2-3 days before the urge to go looking for stimulation when in front of my computer subsided, but it's all calm once again now.

Ik2, JJ_Kino, bama_lost and 1 other person like this.
  12. bama_lost

bama_lost Fapstronaut

So, I think I spent too much of days 14-21 battling off psub/middle-circle and other physiological urges, but now I'm feeling like maybe that's passed. Maybe it's some to do with weather/environment and change. Maybe it's some to do with change in mood as I felt like I was in a bit of an emotional vacuum, but now I'm feeling some emotions returning.

Be diligent about a routine. Be mindful in the moment... enough to practice coping habits. And, don't slack in the areas I know are good for recovery. It may not sound like much, but from moment to moment it can be a tall order.

Ik2, JJ_Kino, GottaBFree and 4 others like this.
  13. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

The journey continues, though it seems my best efforts are fruitless.

bama_lost, magvor, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  14. Checking in...on a good run and feeling strong currently.

bama_lost, magvor, JJ_Kino and 3 others like this.
  15. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in , feeling okay.

ctr, bama_lost, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  16. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in. Feeling a bit grumpy this morning, but all good. Onwards and upwards!

17. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Stayed away from the forums and internet in general after the last relapse.

I knew I would be tempted to do a couple of follow-on relapses, so I created a short term goal of just 3 days of intense focus and productivity while limiting mindless activities to a bare minimum. Urges kept popping up, multiple times over the course of an hour even, but all I wanted was to reach this small short term goal and feel pleased with my accomplishments during those 3 days. It was motivating and I'm happy to report meaningful progress in both work & home life.

Now I need to figure out where to go from here so that I am not writing this same message sometime during the next two weeks as usual!

bama_lost, magvor, GottaBFree and 2 others like this.
  18. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in! Up early this morning, studied Chinese and did a hard yoga routine. Ready to face the day!

bama_lost, JJ_Kino, magvor and 2 others like this.
  19. freewilly

freewilly Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group

artifact, JJ_Kino and magvor like this.
  20. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Sorry to hear it, @Juxtaposition. It sounds like one of the things to update in your plan is how to handle days off. Before the next day off comes, make a morning plan with a buddy to go do something, or create a workout plan and commit to it. Something to get you out of bed right away and moving!