35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in. Struggling today

GottaBFree, artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  2. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Thanks dude you too!!

emanuel_free, GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  3. movin'onup

movin'onup Fapstronaut

Hi, can I join the group?
    I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  4. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Morning all, checking in

GottaBFree, Juxtaposition and JJ_Kino like this.
  5. Juxtaposition

Juxtaposition Fapstronaut

Been struggling alot lately. You can probably tell as I've been lingering at the bottom of the leader board. I was doing well for the first half of March and then slipped back in to my usual PMO cycle.

I was intending to flip everything around in March. No PMO, start eating more healthy and get in to a workout routine.

I started making myself get up early and exercising before work. Usually, forcing myself to exercise works. Even if I don't feel like it, when I get moving I generate energy and start enjoying it. But it just wasn't happening for me.

A couple of days ago I realised that something I was doing could be having a negative impact. For the last month I was taking ashwagandha for anxiety. I did some research and found some people were experiencing low energy and lack of interest in doing things which is how I had been feeling. I've stopped taking it and have started to feel less lazy. Apparently the effects can take a few days to wear off.

My last PMO happened after a stressful day at work and I didn't even feel the motivation to try and stop myself, I just went ahead and did it without hesitation. You know things are bad when you can't even be bothered.

Today marks the beginning of a new month which always brings new motivation for me so I need to seize the day and use this to better myself.

GottaBFree, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  6. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

Thursday check-in. No triggers for 4 days now.

GottaBFree, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  7. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Feeling much better today after a few days of a cold. No major triggers, and happy that I managed some difficult relational moments without being tempted to use PMO to cope. Continuing to work on embracing difficult emotions, and letting them be part of my experience.

8. Juxtaposition

I didn't keep myself busy today and so I relapsed again.

NICEDUDE, GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  9. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Just a regular check-in. No major urges or life stressors, just business as usual but I feel good and focused. We'll see how I do when life's real tests come up, but in the meantime I think living right on the good days will hopefully result in benefits in the long run.

10. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Happy Easter everyone.

NICEDUDE, GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  11. Hello movin'onup. The group is currently full but I have added you to the waiting list.

12. I know you will have success soon. My best streaks always happened after I hit bottom and became disgusted with myself. (Knock on wood.)

13. Juxtaposition

Thanks. I do feel disappointed in myself for my self destructive behaviour. I've become so lazy and and I'm not looking after myself like I should. I need to plan my weekend and get up at a decent time to make the most of it.

artifact, GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. The sickness lingers but I hope I'm past the point where it totally sucks my energy and I can get back to the more active parts of my self-care. Had some vivid triggering dreams last night, but thankfully fatherhood didn't give me any time to dwell on them and I'm feeling solid now. Happy Friday everyone.

artifact, JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  15. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Weak and weary but that's expected.

16. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Happy to report 8 days completed.

I do feel triggered by someone we hung out with last night, and in addition I had a bad night of sleep because my daughter woke up multiple times.

A very noticeable trigger combined with being tired is just the perfect set up for a relapse. Of course, being aware of this is the first step, and I am making a plan for the next couple of days to focus my energy (or what is left of it) on more productive endeavors while also taking care of myself.

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  17. Just checking in...the streak continues despite some stress recently so I'm feeling happy

18. lowkeysonly

lowkeysonly Fapstronaut

Finally first week down.

19. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I need to internalize a script when I feel like I just don't care.

"I may not care right now, but I'll care tommorow."

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  20. @freewilly - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

JJ_Kino likes this.