1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Good morning everyone,

Day 7 here. 6/7 days completed on my 7 day challenge.

Fantastic life likes this.
  2. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Funny thing just happened, so checking in here to keep me accountable. I fly out on Friday for a long trip that is time-dependent, and just got an email saying one of my flights has been completely cancelled. Given where I live, that most likely means I have to drive 4 hours to the next closest airport to make it down on time. As I was navigating the airline call service (it'll be another hour at least and thankfully they provided a call-back option) a P scene popped right into my head. Not just the urge to PMO, but a specific scene as real as if I were actually watching it. Freaked me the F*** out so here I am. I don't feel in any true danger but it was astonishing how quickly a moment of stress produced an immediate reaction to PMO, even after nearly 6 months clear. An unwelcome reminder that we are always just a few keystrokes away from a relapse, regardless of sobriety time.
    So I think I'm going to go jump in a river and then get back to work.
    Be well everyone

daryl_zero, Fantareality, ctr and 3 others like this.
  3. @jaberwaki crazy story, thanks for sharing. Good work not giving in!

Fantareality, artifact and Martial like this.
  4. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Thanks. I'm happy for this but so sad for the relatives I have lost. I'm in pain but counting my blessings and that gave me the strength to keep going.

I have passed one year but I've been thinking on start over the challenge by reseting my counter, though I'm clean. I think it would be better for me to keep it one day at a time, and one year at a time as I did this streak. This way my counter won't stop working on +500 and I will always know that I'm moving forward which helped me a lot.

Let's keep fighting and moving forward together!

5. Just finished the 7 day challenge and on to the 14 day one.

7/14 days completed, Day 8 here. Hope everyone is doing ok.

Fantastic life and ctr like this.
  6. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Had a good 14 days but ultimately gave in due to a combination of tiredness and stress. I sound like a broken record.

In analyzing what went wrong, I must say I started off the streak well with some keystone habits that I think should help, mainly a small meditation followed by a healthy dose of self talk. Unfortunately I stopped doing that in week two as I went on a trip and came up with excuses to not do it, but really, I should have made it a priority. I think it would have provided clarity in the moment.

Feeling very frustrated right now with the 14 days lost, but i'm really trying to take something away from it so that at the very least it is a learning experience.

7. Sounds like me. Usually around 10 ten days I start to feel really good and I get overconfident and forget how tough it is to make it past the two week mark. Then the tiniest little bit of stress or temptation takes me down.

8. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

First, very sorry for the loss of your relatives, mate. Regarding your counter, I think you should continue without resetting it, as the amount of time that you've been clean has inspired so many of us here, myself definitely included. Please consider continuing onward until you hit that 500+, which we know you will. Your choice entirely, but I know that your success has made a major difference here.

9. Fantastic life

Fantastic life Fapstronaut

Yes ,you are right bro ...Our family group members achievements inspire us .
    Keep your count run because at some times we need our achievement to move forward and by watching the score card of 365+ days ,you would motivate to go further .

If you want to reset your counter ,reset after you reached 500 days .

I am new in this journey and not so much experience in this field .
    Your counter motivate us .

Yesterday I relapse and from yesterday to today I relapse 3 times ,its like a chain to me and if I relapse it will continue for some days . I want to break the chain .

JJ_Kino, Martial, artifact and 3 others like this.
  10. Fantastic life

Fantastic life Fapstronaut

This addiction killing me
    It takes my every bit of happiness and still I am unable to leave it .
    Please god help me .
    Will power alone is not enough to tackle with it .
    Please share one things other than will power that helpful in this .
    I feel like my subconscious is full of P, M, O ,fantasies,lust.

I pray with my deep heart because I know the pain of this addiction ,"please god give strength to every one so that he can tackle it and come out of it and give me also some help" .

JJ_Kino, Martial, daryl_zero and 4 others like this.
  11. magvor

magvor Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Checking in after a little time away.

Oh wow, 207 days!

JJ_Kino, Martial, daryl_zero and 4 others like this.
  12. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Way to go. Amazing work.

13. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Had a wet dream last night, which is the second in as many weeks after nearly four months without. It’s unnerving because even though I don’t see them as a relapse, I believe it means I’m allowing the wrong thoughts to hang out in my mind, and burrow down into the subconscious. It’s been a hectic few weeks where my routines have been compromised, so I’m going to take some good reflective time and see where I’m allowing cracks to open.
    I’ll be backpacking for the next week, which will allow for fantastic meditation time. I’ll check in when I return, which will be right around six months clean!

14. Hey everyone, relapsed here on Day 9 unfortunately.

15. Wow is right.

JJ_Kino, Martial and NICEDUDE like this.
  16. If you keep going to 500 I will create a 500+ counter blowout award for you and then maybe you can reset. Your choice, of course. I wish they would allow more than 500 days on the counters even though I've personally never been anywhere near that. Anyway, sorry about your relatives.

17. David Wattts

David Wattts Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  18. Hi David. To join this group you need to have a goal of no P and M or no PMO in your counter.

GottaBFree likes this.
  19. jamesgreen85

jamesgreen85 Fapstronaut

I'd like to join if that's ok, thanks. I have chronic headaches partly as a result of PMO and wish to change that. My initial goal is complete abstinence from PMO at least until I get my head pain issues sorted out. I have seen doctors to no avail thus far. I have read the rules. I'm 36. Thank you

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  20. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

This has been a good week, but I had a reset this morning.

I'm learning more about my triggers (loneliness, stress, certain memories) and how to manage them (positive action, redirecting negative thoughts.) I know I still have a long way to go, but I'm so much healthier than I was nine months ago when I started chasing sobriety.

Honestly, everything in life is better and easier when you don't spend hours a day on PMO. I know this seems like an obvious statement, but there was a time when it wasn't as obvious to me.

Stay strong guys! One day at a time.