35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. The group is currently full, but I can add you to the waiting list. Please read the group rules at the beginning of this thread.

Paf-On and Wanttosucceed like this.
  2. @Bernard O. - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group and good luck!

Paf-On and GottaBFree like this.
  3. JustinThyme

JustinThyme Fapstronaut

Just cracked day 452. Does it get easier, yes. Does it make you reconsider things significantly (in a good way), yes. Is it worth it, absolutely.

Keep strong friends. At any time ask me anything.

4. Fantastic life

Fantastic life Fapstronaut

5. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

@ctr thanks for your insightful post!

That's the ideal I'm striving to achieve! Semen indeed rejuvenates our brain. "Chaste mind has tremendous energy and gigantic strength"!

Paf-On, Martial, ctr and 2 others like this.
  6. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Thanks for the welcome

7. Low Tide High Tide

Low Tide High Tide Fapstronaut

Had a relapse over the weekend. Wife away + alcohol + stayed up to late. In hindsight, I should have know it was coming and avoided the scenario. I could have changed at least 2 of the 3 factors.

8. mariusjon

mariusjon New Fapstronaut

Hallo...
    May I marius the group?
    35 years old

Paf-On likes this.
  9. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

I've been experimenting with b vitamins and have found them useful for energy, which leads to less time sitting at computer. helpful.

Paf-On, GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  10. The group is currently full but I can add you to our waiting list. Please read the rules at the beginning of this thread.

Paf-On and GottaBFree like this.
  11. Circleinthesquare

Circleinthesquare Fapstronaut

12. Checking in, feeling strong and determined currently

Paf-On likes this.
  13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I think trying new stuff is good when we are in a rut.

The most important thing is never to quit.

I'm in a funk now. Resetting the counter now but I'm so tired of PM I want to try to avoid the group. Really I need to find a happy medium someshere between 5 check ins a day and once a month lol.

No more roller coaster. I am happy with what I see as progress and hope to get right back into a good streak. I've still never been able to pull that off, but here's to the first 12 hours lol.

Paf-On, artifact and persona2903 like this.
  14. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Been sick/under the weather for 7 days in a row now. Brain just desperate for some feeling good. I can hold out for a couple of days like that but when there is no improvement.... not ideal early on in a streak. Or ever probably. Alright square 1. Here we go again. At least I only lost an hour and twenty instead of the usual 3+.

15. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

I’ve been thinking about my position since passing 90 days and although giving up PMO has been one of the best things that’s happened to me, I think in the future I’ll try to strike a balance where I allow myself to MO only, just occasionally as needed to help with getting to sleep. Really I’d rather stay PMO free, but I’m older than most folks here and as we discussed there is some suggestion that occasional ejaculation may have prostate health benefits for the over 50s. It may be hard to strike a balance but if so I’ll just go for hard mode again.

With that in mind, @artifact, I’d be grateful if you could please give my place to someone in need of it, as I know we have a waiting list now, and it can be a huge help when you are just getting off the ground. Having the place in the group has meant so much to me that I’m reluctant to leave, but my (very personal) impression is that after about 90 days it probably becomes less relevant, because you have proved to yourself you can do it. In fact it was after 60 days it got a lot easier for me- the first 30 were incredibly tough sometimes though! And without being part of the group I wouldn’t have managed it, no question.

I’m really grateful to everyone for their support, whether voiced or silent, and especially to artifact! I’ll definitely keep an eye on things in the group and won’t hesitate to rejoin if I need to. Thanks again to you all!!;)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  16. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

That exactly chimes with what I felt!- it’s not mentioned much as far as I can see but the sense of having control over a little part of your life is a great benefit of nofap and something I got an actual high from (and I don’t get many of those!).

I only wish I could get control over my anger and anxiety but feelings like that creep up on me quicker than sexual urges do and I still haven’t managed to!

I’m really sorry to hear about your marriage going bad @JustinThyme and hope you get the understanding partner you deserve in your next relationship.

JustinThyme likes this.
  17. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Question for you guys:

How do you deal with doing things on your computer and not getting distracted with you know what.

This is pretty much how every relapse starts for me. I rarely consciously make the decision to go on my computer to relapse. Usually I'm already on the computer doing work, then my brain starts looking for a dopamine hit as a way to deal with either emotional or physical pain that I'm feeling. I rationalize that I will just look at something 'related' for 5 minutes and then get back to work or whatever it is I'm doing. And then I lose an hour or 3 of course.

I try to avoid this, and often times it works. I'm mindful of when my mind starts wandering, and then i'll step away, go do something else, move my computer to a different room etc.... . But at some point work needs to get done, and when I have a headache my mind craves the dopamine hit constantly. So then I push through and push through on sheer willpower....until once again I convince myself that looking for some relief for just 5 minutes will be beneficial. That it will reduce the craving, make the pain go away, and then i'll be able to focus again. But it's never 5 minutes and I end up losing hours.

A solution of course is don't go on your computer, but like I said at some point work needs to get done, or even home related stuff like planning a trip, filing an insurance claim, doing research on contractors, etc..... Seems inevitable that I will use my computer from time to time.

Any tips? Thoughts?

artifact and ctr like this.
  18. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Wishing you all the best, mate. Thank you for your support and for being a part of this group.

19. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

I know this might be an inconvenience but would you be able to work in a public area for now?

20. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Checking in. Going to do my best to surpass my 10 day streak I had recently.

GottaBFree, mukmewx and artifact like this.