1. Welcome to NoFap! Due to spam bots, we have temporarily disabled new accounts. Please check back in a few days. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouragement! Still going strong! For me it helps a lot to have my wife. My goal is to only orgasm with her. So far so good! The hard part is that she isn’t in the best of health so we sometimes go a month or longer without intercourse. So that’s my struggle and why I need this site.

artifact, GottaBFree and JustinThyme like this.
  2. JustinThyme

JustinThyme Fapstronaut

That’s the way mate! The perfect direction to have. My wife and I haven’t had sex in two years so I get what it’s like to be totally dry. I’ve been without orgasm for so long that I forget what it’s like, but, just like the overconsumption of sugar, once you’ve left it for a while, the cravings stop. As I’ve mentioned a few times, I’m unfortunately exposed to domestic violence, but not enough to leave my daughter. One day though I think that I will leave, and the thought of a fulfilling relationship with a woman is something that I look forward to.

Keep strong brother.

artifact and mukmewx like this.
  3. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I'm starting to get the right mindset together for a good streak. When I first got started on this site I had a 60 or 61 and a second 56ish streak. I got a huge PAWS attack I didn't understand at the time. Hoping to get that far again. It would be nice to have that problem again lol.

Sex doesn't have anything to do with PM. I truly believe it's more of a mind game to link them and excuse indulging the addict brain. If you have sex there is the chaser effect and if you don't for a while things get all crazy, but that has nothing to do with PM. I feel a lot more healthy in my mindset since settling on this idea.

Also, I don't panic as much when I have had resets and I'm appropriately unhappy.

It's such a simple dumb addiction. I don't know why solving it feels like rocket science mixed with PHD level self counseling lol.

I appreciate the support. I'm not going anywhere but I feel like checking in less often. I'm going to do less than once a month and plan to be here for years. It's important to not forget why I do this and checking in periodically helps with that. It's on me to succeed or fail but this will always be a great tool. 10 days or so seems right for me now

4. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Thanks for your Insightful thoughts! Life indeed becomes meaningful after fifty days on hard mode!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
  5. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Checking in....into double digits initial days though!

JustinThyme and GottaBFree like this.
  6. Low Tide High Tide

Low Tide High Tide Fapstronaut

This was exactly the sentiment I needed to read this morning. Well said sir!

I have also been struggling with the chaser effect, even though I know its coming its a trap I keep falling into.

GottaBFree likes this.
  7. Checking in....on a long streak and I'm sort of amazed I haven't relapsed recently as I've been battling anti-depressant withdrawals and my stress levels have been high but I've resisted PMO somehow and very proud of myself too.

GottaBFree, daryl_zero and marksaysay like this.
  8. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

Checking in. I had a reset yesterday.
    @JustinThyme --I just noticed that you asked me a question a long, long time ago (I've been down with the flu.) My monthly pattern is two difficult days followed by four easy days, then a reset, then the end of the month is easier overall. I'm still trying to figure out what's going on, but I think it has something to do with my work schedule and, yes, my hormone cycle.

9. mukmewx

mukmewx Fapstronaut

Came here instead of resetting again, it’s so difficult when I can’t get a certain image out of my head that I want to see again.

GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  10. You're doing great these days!

11. I've been having a rough week at work and my relapse last weekend didn't make it any easier. Going to keep trying though. I need a good long streak to get me through the dreaded holiday season.

Nekkhamma, ctr, JustinThyme and 2 others like this.
  12. @ctr ! Your streak reached 274 days yesterday, which is 9 months! You have been awarded the 9 Month Sash of Persistence! :emoji_running_shirt_with_sash::emoji_saxophone::emoji_8ball: Keep up the good work and thanks for being part of the group.

Nekkhamma, ctr, JustinThyme and 3 others like this.
  13. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Feels like the foundation has been laid, now it is time to build on it. Still just one block, one day at a time though.

Nekkhamma, ctr, artifact and 2 others like this.
  14. Low Tide High Tide

Low Tide High Tide Fapstronaut

15. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Posting and accountability is a step in the right direction

16. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

I'm struggling today with keeping in mind why I want to succeed. It starts looking easy to just reset or it's not a big deal.

So dumb. It damages me. Its like treating stress with crack. I need to be free of it. The sometimes easy to ignore negatives are a challenge for me.

It's easy to quit and work it. Gotta stay on track.

Nekkhamma, artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  17. I've relapsed...made it to 28 days though so proud of myself and starting again from Day 1! Strength to us all!

Nekkhamma and mukmewx like this.
  18. JustinThyme

JustinThyme Fapstronaut

Epic

Nekkhamma, artifact and NICEDUDE like this.
  19. JustinThyme

JustinThyme Fapstronaut

Mate, 28 days is an epic job. Also a reasonable Australian band from the 90’s. Keep it up. Well done.