1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Got a vasectomy on friday. Was feeling a bit tender afterwards and was advised not to over exert myself for the first few days, so keeping my mind off sex is pretty easy at the moment!

It should be worth it in the long run though. It's one less obstacle in the way of me being intimate with my wife, which after all is what this is all about, ie. real sex, not imaginary.

Fantareality, ctr, JJ_Kino and 5 others like this.
  2. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Thanks for the encouragement, it means a lot.

JJ_Kino, artifact and ForceMaster like this.
  3. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Read this gem this morning: "If your choices are beautiful, so too will you be." - Epictetus

This last week has been some ups and downs but I've managed through them. I think the accountability here is one very important stop for me.

Not sure how some of you go without o at all, I'm impressed. Got into a week and a half and felt like the energy was too much. Tried some transmutation exercises, but I'm not sure I'm doing them well or if I am, I feel like I'd need to do them all day. It's not really my goal anyways, but it would be nice to be able to manage the times when my wife is not interested.

Plethe, Rokus, JJ_Kino and 3 others like this.
  4. salaciousDone

salaciousDone Fapstronaut

Checking in after a few resets. Starting from scratch again today. Having started therapy two weeks ago I thought things would become easier, but apparently with increased self-awareness comes an increased desire to go back to old ways and numb things out (for me at least). There is truly a long road ahead to some semblance of "normalacy" in my life.

JJ_Kino, artifact and goingforit like this.
  5. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Checking in on day 2.
    Feeling good this morning.

JJ_Kino, artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  6. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

Checking in. Reset today.

JJ_Kino, artifact and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  7. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

checking in. I've gained some weight , I get cravings to eat at night, and outdoor activates are limited to walking only during this weather, can't wait for spring to ride my bike again.

ctr, JJ_Kino, artifact and 1 other person like this.
  8. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Yeah, the self awareness is both the answer and a problem. Therapy is hard work. It is not like I thought it would be. I never really want to go, and I don't always feel better afterwards, but it loosens things up and has made a tremendous difference over time. Two weeks and you're just getting into it. I did personally feel better after about 2 months though. I know everyone varies. I think you are on the right path. Congratulations on taking another step to self improvement.

salaciousDone, Plethe, ctr and 3 others like this.
  9. @ctr - Congratulations on your 365 days as of today!! You have received the One Year "Takin' Care of Business" Briefcase. :emoji_briefcase: Thanks for your participation and setting a great example for the rest of us! :emoji_lifter::emoji_juggling::emoji_guitar:

Plethe, JJ_Kino and (deleted member) like this.
  10. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in. Hope everyone is well?

GottaBFree, Plethe, artifact and 2 others like this.
  11. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

@artifact: I appreciate the kind words so much, mate. *Thank you* for creating this group and all of you gentlemen for your participation and support here. We all have the ability to conquer this once and for all. Keep on keeping on and never give up the fight.

Plethe, Martial, artifact and 4 others like this.
  12. NICEDUDE

NICEDUDE Fapstronaut

Pithy philosophy!

GottaBFree, Plethe, Martial and 3 others like this.
  13. Back to zero for me. Disappointed, as I had made it as far as #7 on the member ranking, which actually does usually help to keep me motivated, no harm in a bit of healthy competition I think.

GottaBFree, Rokus, Martial and 2 others like this.
  14. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

I'm not having a great day. Reset & moving forward.

15. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Thanks, brother. Will keep on moving forward. There were so many times I thought of quitting, but being a part of this group kept me going through it all, no doubt :emoji_pray:. I think the accountability has to be there, or else it's just too easy to slip up.

16. You have been rocking it in the ranking lately.

Plethe, Rokus, Martial and 1 other person like this.
  17. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Right now I can only put small runs together. Gotta keep trying . 7 days gone now start again

Reset

GottaBFree, artifact, Rokus and 2 others like this.
  18. Plethe

Plethe Fapstronaut

Back to zero - but also, you're back here, which will help you get climbing back up the ranks again. Good job on that - focus on the positives!

19. Plethe

Plethe Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group. Please let me know when there's an opening!

20. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 148. I just realized I am taking tons of pictures of myself now. This is monumental as for years I would almost refuse to take pictures because I hated the way I looked, a very clear sign of the boost in confidence I've developed. I also have been chatting it up with tons of ladies throughout my days. I use to never talk to anyone, much less gorgeous women. I also sense some women seem uncomfortable while talking to me because they can't seem to hold eye contact and look away often. I use to be the one avoiding eye contact or looking away. I'm loving the new me!

Edit: I also started training at the new facility where I am currently the ONLY instructor as opposed to fighting 15-16 other instructors for space to train. I'm going to love this!
    Onward and upward!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2022
    NICEDUDE, Plethe, artifact and 4 others like this.