1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. andreas-michel

andreas-michel New Fapstronaut

"I have read the rules and would like to join this group"

artifact likes this.
  2. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

I feel you about the celiac, so am I and it’s a bore! I’m guessing a lot of your food is based on flatbread and couscous too, both of which are wheat.

Steveal3aneef1 likes this.
  3. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

flat bread and couscous are not a problem for me, but what's hiding in other foods, like for example I have to grind my own spices at home ,as well as the meat , avoid all proceed meats as well, and the toughest thing is to avoid cross contamination at home, cuz you can't kill, burn, or dissolve this son of B***

Martial, goingforit and artifact like this.
  4. recovery hammock

recovery hammock Fapstronaut

Checking in, Day 5. Discovered this morning that dreams can trigger intense cravings. But happily, I have a strong meditation practice and I brought that to bear for returning to sleep.

Thanks for being here.

h

5. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

6. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Slipped yesterday. I will do better.

goingforit, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  7. Steveal3aneef1

FUNNY , yet inspiring " don't coom, stay safe"

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  8. @andreas-michel - You have been added to the waiting list. You will be tagged when we have an opening for you (watch your alerts).

JJ_Kino likes this.
  9. @NICEDUDE - Congratulations on your 90 days today!! I know it wasn't easy. You are now a member of the 90 Day Hall of Achievement! :emoji_trophy::emoji_lifter::emoji_juggling::emoji_trumpet: Also thanks for your years of participation in the group!

goingforit, NICEDUDE, ctr and 2 others like this.
  10. Checking in and going strong...absolutely 0 urges to use P despite feeling some stress recently. I have M once so was unable to be completely PMO but back on semen retention again for as long as I can

11. recovery hammock

recovery hammock Fapstronaut

Checking in. Discovered a cue/trigger yesterday of which I was not aware. So felt quite challenged for a while. But got through it and happy to be here.

goingforit and artifact like this.
  12. NewMe1000

NewMe1000 Fapstronaut

Almost 5 days of no PMO, just checking in.

I've realized that if I had a bad night's sleep, the urge to M increases the day after. I'm coping with it by taking a power nap if I'm home so that when I wake up, I feel refreshed, and that urge goes away.

Anyone experiencing the same?

goingforit likes this.
  13. I can't function at all if I don't get enough sleep.

14. Steveal3aneef1

sleeping is crucial to my recovery , I even track my sleeping patterns , quality and duration. if I don't get enough sleep I will have mood swings and experience hard urges.

15. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

16. Steveal3aneef1

like wise brother, I start my new job on 4/10 , I want to use all my energy to be great at what I do.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2022
  17. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Day 26 checking in.
    Feeling great these past few weeks. Like I have a purpose again.

18. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

I see you going for that 30 days Stelvio! Go get it!

My personal experience is that things start to get easier after about 21 days but you have to be on the ready for a few big challenges. If you can make it past those, you have long stretches of much easier times. Not sure if that applies to you.

artifact and Dissolve_The_Ego like this.
  19. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Went on a phone detox lately and it's been nice. I got rid of a web browser on my phone last year but then found a backdoor route through the weather app (ha!) which was nice for emergencies but then I started using it more often to surf the web. Just looking to reduce my time checking my phone. So no more weather app and now I have to open the door to figure out the weather.

I am less obsessed with women right now, which is such a gift. If I could take a pill to not be interested in sex, I'd do it. This seems like the closest thing.

I have sensitive skin (psoriasis), which I normally control pretty well with diet. I had a crazy few skin days last week where my face was so broken out and now it looks great. I think it was a bit of detoxing from this.

Overall, I feel calm, motivated, and my need to be wanted is lower.

I got to this point one other time and remember thinking, why would I ever go back to fapping? Then I spent 5 years on small streaks of 0 days to 3 weeks. That is what I'm thinking now - why would I ever go back. Just got to keep that in mind when the urge hits me. It takes a long time to build up and very little to start over.

ctr, artifact and Dissolve_The_Ego like this.
  20. Steveal3aneef1

I had a weird wet dream , where I was able fantasize in my dream but I was sleeping the same time I felt I relapsed, but I don't have these shitty effect after relapsing
    great progress bro, keep it up