1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. @recovery hammock - you have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group and I hope you have better luck than I've been having lately.

goingforit likes this.
  2. And reset, at 21 days. I thought I had it this time. I'm in a real rut here.

Fantareality, ctr and Stelvio like this.
  3. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

thanks bro

4. Steveal3aneef1

so today was a warm spring day I decided to go with my family for a trip, good food and good time

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
  5. recovery hammock

recovery hammock Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 10. Things are going okay, for the most part, though life feels a bit grey and dull without the secret fantasies... I have been using meditation to good advantage, counting breaths when I'm feeling really jittery.

The other day I felt like my mind was a bucket of serpents: It was too frightening to touch anything in there and all I could do was look on, horrified...

6. Steveal3aneef1

so the next 30 I will be fasting from dawn until dusk (12hrs) as Ramadan is knocking the door. it's gonna be challenging but it's a chance to correct and enhance my plan.

7. Checking in and almost made it to 30 days with no P. How can I change my signature to 'meeting my goals' as I would prefer this? Thanks

ctr likes this.
  8. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Not my best week. Not giving up.

9. Steveal3aneef1

go to your counter and change it , you'll have to set the date where you first abstained

Wanttosucceed likes this.
  10. recovery hammock

Checking in again, today. I had a couple drinks yesterday and, boy, did that make abstinance tough. But I hung in there and lesson learned. Thanks again for being here, y'all.

j2022 and goingforit like this.
  11. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Fell off the wagon this morning.
    I feel awful.

12. Steveal3aneef1

you did well on the last streak , keep going , just remember don't binge

13. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Nope. All done with this today.
    I feel like garbage, I won't be binging.

goingforit, Rokus, ctr and 1 other person like this.
  14. recovery hammock

Checking in. Had some real cravings last night, was unintentionally exposed to a triggering image, but did some meditation, took a sleeping pill and did okay. A close call, though, the worst. Grateful to be on track today and feeling good.
    Thank you all for being here.

goingforit, Rokus, ctr and 2 others like this.
  15. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 192. I thought about ending my "no dating" rule to ask a girl out. I then decided against it. I'm on a such good stretch of solid momentum with personal changes, life changes, goal pursuits, etc. that I don't want any distractions.

My mind then began to think of what I'll be like with another 90 days under my belt! I do desire a companion but my life seems to be very rewarding without the distraction. Onward and upward!!!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  16. Probably a good idea. I was thinking about asking a woman at work out but then she started talking to another guy all time. I need to focus on getting back on track with my recovery.

17. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

I can relate and it's very tempting. Women can definitely sense the boost in confidence and start wondering what you're all about. At the same time, it's like we finally have some control over this issue and we feel rejuvenated. We start pursuing our goals more intensely and gain what no one can give us: self-respect. The trick is maintaining this, since the temptations can reappear without any notice. But the whole experience takes you to another level of mental clarity and you dread losing that.

artifact, Martial, goingforit and 3 others like this.
  18. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

I like how you are managing things. Just sit there and do anything else or do nothing and by working through it, you'll get stronger and stronger. Those pathways in your mind will start getting weaker and you'll have an easier time soon.

I noticed that lately I'm more ok with being aroused and not doing anything about it. I am more used to the feeling. It used to be something that I needed to take care of one way or another.

Really cool reading about your progress.

I had an o on Saturday night (with partner) and I was feeling it Sunday. Motivation was lower than contemplating running through a brick wall, and I was low energy. I can feel it recovering today. Normally when I'm on small pmo streaks, I get drained by p the most, m without p the second most and o with partner is hardly felt. Now I guess I am more sensitive. I am starting to read up on semen retention and I think I'll start tracking that as a secondary goal.

artifact and marksaysay like this.
  19. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

Day 1 checking in.
    Today is a new day and a fresh start.

20. Steveal3aneef1

today i feel overwhelmed, bored, stressed, and feeling shame for something I did, urges are back, it's funny how things can go haywire in a blink of an eye, I also feel self petty , for how we struggle getting clean to have a good descent life.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2022
    artifact and Stelvio like this.