1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Into day 3. I find myself searching for any escape route from my calculus obligations. In the morning I sleep in. Then I go outside and do some orange tree maintenance as if that is pressing. I eat my breakfast just before noon and idle around the television while my great uncle (I laugh typing that designation since he seems anything but that) watches The Twilight Zone. P&M come to mind when I get one problem into my homework. After I force myself to knock out this section of my homework; I'll go for a jog followed by a cold shower. Lastly, I'll resign myself to a homework binge in desperation to catch up before my procrastination bites me in the ass. Even if my calculus efforts leave a lot to be desired, at least I shan't let that be an excuse to give in to P&M.

2. Checking in...been a while but on a good streak and feeling positive. Lots going on in my life and I need focus and energy and that means Nofap as much as possible

GottaBFree, goingforit, Jerky and 3 others like this.
  3. Sorry to hear that, you will be missed for sure.

Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  4. @Bartholem_phew! - Congrats on your 60 days as of yesterday! You have received the 60 Day Heavy Lifter Award. :emoji_lifter: Thanks for being part of the group.

5. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Had a few small mis-steps, but one thing I like about this group is that it keeps the damage pretty low. Relatively speaking, I've pm'd less than 10 times this year, so I can't get too upset. I am working through some issues and believe I have them sorted out, or at least for now.

JJ_Kino, artifact and Jerky like this.
  6. Aquiantedwithsorrow

Aquiantedwithsorrow Fapstronaut

Last night before bed I was scrolling through YouTube shorts and a highly sexualised and perverted add is just randomly there..

Got super triggered, even experiencing some guilt and shame now for even seeing it.

The lady on the add was extremely provocative and attractive to the eyes.

That's someone's daughter and this stuff is harming young boys who shouldn't be exposed to such stuff at an immature age.

7. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

8. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

today, I reached a new record, 5 months in I couldn't be more proud of myself , the last few days I felt I started slipping , and today on YouTube I watch and erotic video for 30 seconds , after that I took step back after realizing that I'm going to that shit hole again, I'm still wondering why is that happening, may be because I felt over whelmed by thinking I'm hopeless in some areas in my life.

JJ_Kino, goingforit, artifact and 3 others like this.
  9. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Starting over.

Need to find a way to lower my stress, it's playing a big part in my failings right now.

goingforit, artifact and Jerky like this.
  10. Steveal3aneef1

breathing excelsis and taking evening walks helped me a lot reduce my stress

11. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Day 0 but thats ok. Gives me another opportunity to try again tho this time aiming at smaller goals and then increasing as I reach each one. I consider this endurance training.

12. Bartholem_phew!

Bartholem_phew! Fapstronaut

Thanks so much. Couldn't have made it this far without the support of the group and this site in general.

13. @muhagg - You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group, please read the rules at the beginning of this thread if you have not already done so.

@x_Nocturnalis_x - We have a spot for you in the group, but you will need to activate your Nofap day counter before I can add you to the ranking. (Look for the link that says "Update Day Counter".)

goingforit, Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  14. x_Nocturnalis_x

Thanks very much. :D

I have activated it a couple times now, but I think it is broken for me. :(

goingforit, Jerky and JJ_Kino like this.
  15. Steveal3aneef1

I FINALLY signed up for Muay Thai class, paid for 3 months in advance, I really recommend everyone to learn martial arts, because it will boost you confidence and a lot of benefits

16. Starting afresh after a relapse caused by stress and overwhelm. That seems to be my trigger so need to work on that

18. Jerky

Jerky Fapstronaut

Today is day 1
    I expect to recharge somewhat by day 3
    I will remain mindful

JJ_Kino and goingforit like this.
  19. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Don't do like I did and reset now. I am trying to work my way out of this loop and forgot what the first few weeks was like. Double down on the work you do to move your energy in other directions. Go towards the light:) You are doing great and I plan on working my way to your level soon.

Very nice.

I also signed up for some group fitness (not martial arts) that I used to do a few years ago. The combination of exercise and being around other people is super stress relieving for me.

JJ_Kino, Steveal3aneef1 and Jerky like this.
  20. x_Nocturnalis_x

Relapsed this morning. Need to focus on my mentals, too many fantasies going on and I'm having a hard time controlling them, especially when I wake up but I'm still in bed and there's nothing to distract/focus on.

I think this might be an ongoing struggle, as I work full time, and fantasizing impacts my work, so I have a tendency to tell myself "fap in the morning and get it out of the way so you can concentrate on work later". Not sure the best strategy for this, other than just ignoring my own advice and taking the hit at work. :p

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022