1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Reset. Got to 29 days, so a bit disappointed. Got my sample out of the way though. Hopefully won’t have to go through that again as it’s really unhelpful to have to make a semen sample in the middle of a no PM streak.

2. CactusLemon

CactusLemon Fapstronaut

Day 44 Checking in. Urges have definitely lowered to manageable levels these past few days. But I'm trying hard to not get complacent and slip up

goingforit, artifact, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  3. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

29 days is great, considering. Having to give a sample like that would definitely mess things up for anyone!

CactusLemon, goingforit and JJ_Kino like this.
  4. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

5. x_Nocturnalis_x

6. Hey guys, I'm back. Took a wrong detour last weekend, ready to start over.

7. @livinginhell - Congratulations on your 30 days today! You have received the 30 Day Sun of Hope Award :emoji_sunny:.

8. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

9. x_Nocturnalis_x

10. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

Overcame some temptation today.

11. x_Nocturnalis_x

12. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Had a challenge this weekend but managed to barely get past it. The stop was a combination of strategies that I cycled through until finally getting a bad idea out of my mind:) I'm always reminded that temptations are reduced as the streak goes on but you've still got to be ready to tackle them when they arise, and you are less used to tackling them, so a little rusty. I think giving myself time to work through helps, where the longer I can resist, the more likely I'll be able to get past it.

I'm starting to understand how to apply meditation to normal life. When I'm stressed or anxious, I try to look inward, ignore everything else and take stock of my mind state. I picture myself in a bubble or imagine that what I'm doing is the last thing I'll ever do. It's easier when no one is around and more difficult when I am interacting with other people, but also more helpful. I can be easily emotionally swayed by other people.

Been reading "Working" by Studs Terkel, which is an easy read but reminds me that things don't really change. It is interviews with people from the 1970s and they complain about "the kids these days", their bosses, how the work is degrading, how the work used to be good but is heading downhill and where will it be eventually, etc. It's all the same complaints as today. It is interesting to think that most of these people are likely retired or dead now and imagine all the problems that they were going through and the resulting stress that mean nothing now. We'll all be there one day.

I have a couple of goals that were similar to no PM: reduce sugar and reduce news intake. They are similar in that the less you do them, the less desire you have for them. Reduce sugar has gone just ok, it could be better. The snack after dinner gets me, I have to cut that out. I have almost entirely eliminated news intake. I hear things on the radio or see random clips here and there on the internet, but don't actively seek news. After the last few years, it is really nice. I do have to check myself though because the desire is there now and then and I can literally feel a little rush of excitement to check the news. I'd rather be ignorant unless the news is less dramatic and more helpful.

Good luck with the rest of the week!

13. Some great philosophy there! I like it.

I also agree with you about news. I've realised at this point that it takes quite a bit of effort to escape it. And there is absolutely no need to be concerned about missing out. If something important happens, someone will tell you.

CactusLemon, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  14. Every time I stop to breath I turn into this guy:[​IMG]
    Maybe if I start breathing before I'm exhausted, frustrated, disappointed that won't happen.

I'm on the west coast, wanna be partners? I've never had one before, but we could exchange info if you do.

Nofap really isn't terribly high on my goals list, although I'm sure sticking to it would aid my other ones. Must remember that.

Interesting idea. Here's my sentence: Reset yesterday, updated my counter today; it's hot and P&M is in the back of my mind. The struggle continues; towards day one down.

Me with everything I should be doing and end up either not doing or doing half-assed. Must sacrifice today, with all it's annoyance, for a realized tomorrow.

Innumerate another unknown word to me, although I had a good inkling to it's meaning. Me sitting in calculus class the perfect innumerate student.

Stick me on the ten speed, back to the motor league.

I don't eat much processed sugar. Maybe you could substitute your after dinner snack with a healthy one like a sweet fruit or a piece of chocolate.

15. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Thank you so much. I wish to get all of them. I wish all of us receive all awards.

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  16. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 33. Checking in. I have been on vacation last 5 days so I couldn't check in here. Stay strong guys !

JJ_Kino likes this.
  17. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group. I need to be accountable!

JJ_Kino likes this.
  18. Hello @Addicted982 - you have been added to the waiting list for the group. Please read the rules at the beginning of this thread. We may have a spot for you in the next week or two.

JJ_Kino likes this.
  19. You have been added to the waiting list. I will tag you in a comment when we have an opening (watch your alerts - it might be a couple of weeks).

JJ_Kino likes this.