1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. I sure hope you father gets better, and everyone you love prosper; I wish you the very best in your journey!

CactusLemon and artifact like this.
  2. Keep it up; at least your trying that is sincere!

CactusLemon, Martial and artifact like this.
  3. It's ok, I was going through the same thing until recently.

CactusLemon and Martial like this.
  4. You have been added to the waiting list. You will need to activate your counter and read the rules at the beginning of this thread before you can join.

CactusLemon and Moonbuddy0205 like this.
  5. The group is currently full, but you have been added to the waiting list. Please read the rules at the beginning of this thread. We may have on opening for you in the next few weeks.

CactusLemon likes this.
  6. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 35. Checking In.

Workout day - 28.

Had a hard time in the night because this girl with whom I used to talk messaged me suddenly after 3 weeks. Nothing filthy happened but urges were high for me. I have to take care of this thing. I should not fantasize when talking to her. But she certainly provokes me. I will just change the subject.

Keep it up guys! It is worth it.

7. straight to the point (couldn't figure out how to embed this at the relative specific time 20:37)

"And you'd think by now, humans would have figured out a way to mass produce their needs for free. And I'm thinking about doing something for future me, cause they don't give a fuck about anything but making money!"
    May your resolution be as dedicated as capitalists are to their profits.

Ugh (although not too surprised) reset! Girl I talk to likes to tease, and last night she seemed to be on a mission. Her success my failure. Having held out so long considering my attraction to her was the real surprise.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  8. Moonbuddy0205

Moonbuddy0205 Fapstronaut

How do I activate the counter ?

CactusLemon and optimistic7 like this.
  9. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

Day 35. Feel like a really good milestone. Finally reached a new rank in the LOTR challenge as well! :D

Was a very tough week, but made it through. Urges are very low atm, and fantasies are back to being meh again. In addition, I only have 4 days of work next week, and then like a week and a half of time off over Christmas. And I have two Christmas parties today, so no danger of anything this week. Feeling really good about my chances of making it to 60 days. :D

Apparently scientists managed to create matter from nothing: https://bgr.com/science/scientists-create-matter-from-nothing-in-groundbreaking-experiment/

10. Apparently this is not true :) They have gone great lengths in writing gibberish, and practice psuedoscience, and what is the source and who's the editor:
    • BGR = Boy Genius Report
    • On April 27, 2010, Boy Genius revealed himself as Jonathan Geller, a 23-year-old Greenwich, Connecticut, high school dropout who never attended college.
    If you read about it on external sources, you'd see that its been called "unreliable".

Now as for the "from nothing part"; I saw so many things setup at the lab to "create" this "nothing"; so you know, there was "something" after all that resulted in this "other thing"..

Best!

11. DO NOT QUIT YOUR EFFORTS TO QUIT (wise words from someone who's been free from PMO for 1000+ days)!
    1. Take the punishment.
    2. Put in the time, the work, the sacrifice, the pain.
    3. You would if you were building a house.
    4. You would if you were building a business.
    5. You would if you were building your skills at something important.
    6. You would if you were building your career.
    7. And in this, you are building yourself!
    8. Give yourself what you would give a house, a business, a skill set, a career, and more.
    9. Give. Give, and give again.
    10. Give until you have nothing to give, and then find more to give.
    11. Never stop.
    12. Give and keep giving.
    13. Give yourself whatever you must, so that when you are built you can give yourself to the world.
    14. Keep hope!
    Thanks to @AllanTheCowboy !

12. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 36. Check in.

Workout day - 29.

Morning woods are back. So it is time to stay more and more vigilant. Do not want to 'test' anything.

13. First and foremost good job ranking up! I've never seen LOTR or read the books, but keep your streak up until you are LORD (if that character exists if not my ignorance is showing and you'll have to settle for the gist).

The quote I used is more a reflection on how society misplaces its values or how civilization is corrupted for financial gain. We have more than enough resources, technologies to make quoted word a reality, but don't due to petty human hatreds and or capitalist ideology. I think optimstic7 critique is sustainable enough not to have to rehash it, but I think this should also be considered. If it were possible to make something from nothing, perhaps the creation would be useless to human endeavors (particularly justice, equity, etc.). Since a lot of divisions are created by social constructs and not actual differences they should be easy enough to solve. Limited mental capacity dooms us to be subject to nonsensical violence and feeds other forms of nihilistic self-annihilation behaviors.

Busy productive day, didn't really venture too much into the sexual aside from when girl sent me some photos on the phone. She be silly like that sometimes. I worked, then ran, volunteered, went to the market, made dinner, did some dishes, and shortly I'll sleep with a mile wide smile on my face.

14. x_Nocturnalis_x

Check this out https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/the-lord-of-the-rings-challenge.250868/

I think this is how the American colonists started out. Their motto was "From each according to his ability, to each according to his need." Basically, people worked when they wanted to, and took food when they were hungry. The problem was, that system incentivised a lot of lazy people who didn't work and still took food, and after 10 years the system started falling apart. So they changed the motto to "Those who do not work, do not eat", and all the lazy people were forced to start working again. (And this is one of the precursors to capitalism in America)

It's really a simple problem... find the guy that knows how to make a truckload of food, and incentivise him to do it. The best incentive is money, as he can then use that to provide for his family, make his farm better, and all sorts of other things... basically, things that increase his chance of having and raising kids. It's not a coincidence that the people who look after their own needs before others are the ones who successfully raise children, our genetics have evolved that way over thousands of years. If you get rid of capitalism though... then you'll have a much harder time getting that one guy to make a truckload of food.

15. I don’t think anyone has a problem with the guy getting well paid for his efforts to make a truckload of food. I think the trouble starts when instead of one guy, it’s a corporate board of directors who make risky decisions, and when the decisions are bad and the company goes bust, the board members walk away with big bonuses. While everyone else - employees, customers, suppliers- gets screwed.

I don’t think it’s a problem with capitalism as such, just the particular way we have set it up with limited liability companies.

x_Nocturnalis_x and CactusLemon like this.
  16. x_Nocturnalis_x

I think it's just an unavoidable result of the free market, and the way competition works. A lot of competition is good, as it results in cheaper, better quality goods. The downside is the companies making the goods have to make risky decisions to keep from being swamped by the competition... and the only people smart and ballsy enough to make those risky decisions are also smart enough to make sure there's a life raft available for them if things turn sideways. When things go sideways, they take the money, and everyone bags on them... but when they make good decisions, and the company grows incredibly fast and creates thousands of new jobs, then they're definitely earning that bonus.

17. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 37. Checking In.

Rest from the workout today.

Yesterday was easy. No urges as such and don't even want to think about it.

18. CactusLemon

CactusLemon Fapstronaut

Day 12 checking in. Having a really tough time, not going to lie, but I'm not giving in this easily. Been getting some crushing bouts of depression which really feels like it's dopamine withdrawals or something :confused: Does anyone else get this? It doesn't help that I've recently broke up with my GF and generally just feeling like shit also

19. x_Nocturnalis_x

I haven't had crushing bouts of depression... but definitely when I go through waves of urges, it's usually accompanied by feeling of hopelessness, like "this whole process sucks, everything sucks, might as well just reset" and so on. The waves usually last for a few days, and after it ends the depression lifts a fair bit. All last week I was unhappy, but right now I'm feeling fine again. :D