1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

I will be free in 2023

87Diamond, flyswat, artifact and 5 others like this.
  2. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. I have not had the easiest couple of days as been tired and low on energy. No PMO, its just not an option, I have made it so it is not an option. In the past I would keep it open as an option. One day at a time I will keep committing to not using, that includes any fantasy. For me to reboot my brain, I can't be acting out in my brain, it makes no sense but makes perfect sense of why I failed for so long.

87Diamond, artifact, Don80 and 3 others like this.
  3. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Feeling alright, urges are not so intense as they will be the longer I refrain, though I am ready for them.

Need to stay focused, stay away from Alcohol and other triggers.

Have a great weekend all.

87Diamond, flyswat and artifact like this.
  4. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

5. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

6. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

Checking today, keeping my phone outside my room while sleeping is key, still having some urges but by keeping connected to the community makes me more determent than ever

7. koalaone

koalaone Fapstronaut

Hi born3, its great you are working on your current streak. Im convinced you are on the right track when you commit to. Eliminating as many fantasies in your mind, anyone that engages in PMO would have already gone past the fantasy stage, and this could have been ongoing for who knows how long to prime you for PMO.
    So to identify and evict any lustful thoughts as soon as they land in your mind is the key. In that way, your brain does not have last full images to easily start the process.
    I find it one of the most powerful tools in my life that I bounce the eyes, which stops the external stimulus from entering my mind. Then I evict lustful thoughts, as quick as possible, and these two steps alone are powerful in helping one resist the urge to PMO. Keep fighting, brother.

artifact and born3 like this.
  8. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 100. Checking In.

I will start workout again from tomorrow after a long gap of 16 days. Once I lose the discipline I find it hard to get on track again, it is not good. I can see that I have lost some progress in my fitness journey during these days. It is also weird that muscled don't stay with you when you stop workout, discouraging thing.

PMO wise clean.

9. koalaone

koalaone Fapstronaut

Checking in, still going steady.
    Holding onto my core disciplines of bouncing in the eyes, evicting lustful thoughts Asap and minimising random browsing. It’s really working for me at the moment and I am feeling more stability.

87Diamond and born3 like this.
  10. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Thanks. Yeah totally agree. You keep fighting too!

koalaone likes this.
  11. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Still going here at 20 days, not sure how:DJust wanted to give a shout out to the other old timers here, the ones who were on when I first joined two years back…. I make that (apart from @artifact ), @NICEDUDE , @Low Tide High Tide , @Wanttosucceed and @JJ_Kino (have I missed anyone off?):D

6 guys still clinging to the rock after so long is pretty impressive I think:)! Reckon there should be an award for “dogged persistence in the face of repeated failure” to go with the other baubles:D.

12. Glad you stuck around! "Dogged persistence in the face of repeated failure" describes me pretty well.

13. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Day 101. Checking In.
    Workout Day - 68.

Feeling well. Need to accumulate more energy to start intense workout as before.

Alex_Al, artifact and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  14. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

check zero

Damn, this is not easy! just when you think you got it but ....

livinginhell likes this.
  15. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

No it's not, that's why your will be on the top 1% when you overcome it

87Diamond and livinginhell like this.
  16. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

It is not easy bro!

87Diamond likes this.
  17. That made me smile :)

Actually, although it might not look like it from the outside, I feel like I've made great progress in the time I've been here. Got some good long streaks, and even the short ones have value. Any time spent not giving in to PMO is time well spent!

Also the repeated attempts force me to question why the streaks don't last, it has thrown up some uncomfortable truths about myself. These are issues I know I will have to deal with properly in counselling some time soon.

18. 87Diamond

87Diamond Fapstronaut

Check Day One

Need to hold myself accountable and to date on here.

The person thats not discipline will take anything thrown at them..... aim for self Respect.

19. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

Checking in, things are going well.

Thinking about Jimmy Carter and the example of a man he sets. Really an interesting person who pushed himself to continuously learn and grow. Considered more or less a failure as a president, he faded away from the spot light gracefully. He didn't go away depressed or let that stop him from continuing his work. Went back to teach at his church and work for Habitat for Humanity. He is a loving person who has many friends and is close to his family. Humble, proud, determined, kind, helpful. What I consider a real man. Truly a role model for me.

artifact and Alex_Al like this.