36 male, not sure what an AP does

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by Faptain_Harris, May 8, 2017.

1. Faptain_Harris

Faptain_Harris Fapstronaut

Hey guys, I see people looking for accountability partners but I'm not really sure what the function is. Don't really care if it's male or female, what is it? Just someone to talk to? Would at least want an adult due to the subject matter.

2. APs are partnerships based on a mutual understanding or experience in (P)MO addiction. The structure of the partnership can be anything you want, but in essence the idea is that you confide in your AP for accountability when you reset, and to offer the same in return.

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.
  3. Faptain_Harris

Oh. Well I'm feeling pretty confident about it so far. I don't plan on resetting. I plan on crashing through the obstacles in my path like an enraged Buffalo and grinding the addiction to dust between my massive hooves.

Then snorting into the air to let other addictions know that they're in my territory.

4. sparkywantsnoPMO

sparkywantsnoPMO NoFap Moderator & Yeoman
    Staff Member

They can take on several forms. They do tend to be a person you try to build trust with. They help you to understand you're not alone. They can help encourage you, answer questions, and provide mentoring.

To me however, it is very important to emphasize that they are not accountable for what you do. There may be a time when they don't answer when you feel you need them, or they don't give the best advice. You are still responsible for the choices you make.

It's good to see enthusiasm. It will get tough, but you can make it through.

Faptain_Harris likes this.
  5. Faptain_Harris

Yeah I'm taking it seriously, avoiding things that might trigger me and keeping myself distracted, but I just like to add levity because it makes things less awkward for people that might be shy about our topics.

sparkywantsnoPMO likes this.