1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[365-CHALLENGE] THE THREE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Dec 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

Day 5/365. One day at a time....

Boxer477, Urðr, prince san and 3 others like this.
  2. Hermes Lupus

Hermes Lupus Fapstronaut

3. johnartista

johnartista Fapstronaut

4. Hatfuge

Hatfuge Fapstronaut

finished 29 days of my first year!

5. Day 0 again. Wow! This is getting tiring. Is the counter a self fulfilling prophecy or what? I can't even explain how I fell off yesterday when I had no urges throughout the day. I am giving the 365 day challenge one last try. I am going to give it everything now. I have been playing a defensive game and forgetting that I have to attack also and have an offensive strategy too. Simply waiting for the urges to come and then to go on the defensive is a losing strategy for me. I need to really attack what is ailing me. I have focused to much on the symptoms i.e. PMO and forgotten the hole in my heart, lack of self love and acceptance.

6. prince san

prince san Fapstronaut

7. Urðr

Urðr Fapstronaut

Day 116/365
    I'm sorry I haven't written on this thread these days - it's because I'll have a regular examination next week and I'm not on the internet these days. I just finished studying now with Pomodoro method.
    But, I'm feeling really, really amazing right now, after remembering the emotions I forgot ;)

8. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

Hmm, I know its hard to break that cycle. What helped me in the past, and what I am trying now is going for a more extreme strategy: 0 fantasies strategy. As soon as sex. thoughts come up, force yourself to think about something else. I might sound like an extreme measure, but it might be worth considering raising your standards drastically. Its really hard to tackle fantasies once you allow them, especially when youve relapsed revently. At least thats my experience. Anyways, good luck with whatever strategy you try! I hope we are not gonna lose you.

9. Joe_Vill

Joe_Vill Fapstronaut

Day 1 completed.
    Goal: 23 May 2018.

10. Day 0/365 Not going to turn back

11. Euphorios

Euphorios Fapstronaut

12. You are right about fantasy being extremely dangerous. I have allowed free reign of perverted thoughts to continue. However, stopping those thoughts is easier said than done even if I switch to a different activity. What activities do you switch to when those fantasies begin to play out?
    I appreciate your suggestion and concern. I am not giving in just yet until I have tried every strategy under the sun to control my urges at will.

13. The_Fisher

The_Fisher Fapstronaut

Hey, I really only have 3 things to dodge phantasies: 1) will power.
    2) if one fails I direct my thoughts to what is on my to do list next. For example, when I am on the subway driving to university and thoughts come up, I will often direct my thoughts to what is on my schedule at university.
    3) I meditate a lot, that also helps with mind control to some extend. (But its not a cure to all your problems IMO)

Thats really all I do, I hope it can be helpful. But I remember that you had a 60+ streak, so I think you have self control to a good extend. You just need the right motivation, and right strategy IMO,
    good luck anyways!

14. Dr. Jekyll

Dr. Jekyll Fapstronaut

15. Jyas

Jyas Fapstronaut

Indeed, let's stay 2 days apart until 365 and beyond! Let's show that this addiction can be defeated.

Day 3/365.

16. Joe_Vill

Joe_Vill Fapstronaut

Sure!

Boxer477, prince san, Jyas and 5 others like this.
  17. I see you have a well planned out sequence of counter measures. I also see that it is about simplicity in your method rather than a complicated strategy. That is really good. I had actually started mindfulness meditation but I don't know why I stopped. I should resume this. I will also resume cold showering as it helped in my 60 day streak. I just got complacent I guess.

Boxer477, prince san, Jyas and 5 others like this.