39 yr old Christian man, married, looking for accountability partner

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by jd112, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

I just signed up for groupme. Looks like a more popular and easier app. I'm good with that one.

2. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

jd, it's just a site that you do a sign up for ... similar to NoFap. I just signed up for the groupme one that eikon mentioned. It took less than two minutes.

3. tacoma87

tacoma87 New Fapstronaut

I've been PMing the OP, but I would suggest slack as well. I'm not sure if it hasn't any 'privacy' options as far as notifications - but I'm thinking that it's a quick way for us to reach out to one another. I think that's going to be a key component - we need to be able to quick talk to one another if we're feeling tempted.

I think slack could be browser or app based, depending on your preference.

4. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

When I've used Slack in the past, it can be both browser and app. In addition to browser on say laptop at home, you can have the app on your phone and have new messages alert you in real time. I imagine groupme has a similar function but I haven't used it before so I don't know for sure.

5. jd112

jd112 Fapstronaut

As long as I don't have to install anything new, I'm fine with it. So anyone interested needs to sign up for an account on slack then?

6. falter

falter Fapstronaut

Hi, newbie here. 38, married w. infant son. Second day gone. I wonder if I may join your group?

7. eikon

eikon Fapstronaut

8. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

cfr, I would say we're still in the middle of the technicalities of trying to form a group. Stay tuned.

falter likes this.
  9. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

10. eikon

eikon Fapstronaut

Here's the invite link. Sorry, I pasted it on the new thread I created but not this one http://band.us/n/abaaUc88Ya3by

11. Robert D

Robert D Fapstronaut

Okay, I think we have the tech tool to begin -- Band. I'll recommend/propose those on this thread that have expressed interest click on eikon's link to the band application and sign up. I've installed it on my phone as well. I suppose after a few days to a week, those who have joined can be considered the starting core group and we can begin discussing within the Band group (Christian NF Accountability Group) how we want to organize/manage our accountability.

jd112, are you the 'Jd' signed up in the Band CNF Acc Grp?

If so, here is the list of all those who expressed potential interest on this thread (that are not alreadysigned up on the Band group yet):
    crf11
    tacoma87
    Brisance2113
    Mithcell46
    clearview
    Cfitzer7
    nickj12345

jd112 started this thread and eikon started the Band group so I'll defer to them for further direction, but again, I suggest anyone interested sign up for the Band App this week so we can get started.

God bless.
    'Robert D'

12. Polaris102

Polaris102 New Fapstronaut

Hello all,
    Could I join as well? I'm 35 male, single, sydney Australia.
    I would like to join a forum I can check into regularly for accountability

13. jd112

jd112 Fapstronaut

I am the JD on the Band site. I'm happy to have whatever Christian men want to be part of our group. Though if it gets too big it might be better to form 2 smaller groups, but I'm not sure we're at that point yet.

14. eikon

eikon Fapstronaut

Hey Polaris, yes you are welcome to join us. We will lock the group down at 15 users to keep it small. Here is the link
    http://band.us/n/a9aeU607f4WcZ