1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

4 most common reasons people fail to overcome PMO

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. My motivation for making this list today was due to a handful of downhearted instances recently in which I've witnessed people who have been fighting this addiction for years and who have participated in accountability groups suddenly quit NoFap after a disappointing relapse in their progression. Some of these people come back to the groups, some of them never show themselves again.

First, before we get into this list I'd like to start with a prayer:
    LORD heavenly father, please forgive our sins and strengthen our resolve in this uphill battle against PMO. LORD, please show us the everlasting truth and joy in Your Son Christ. LORD may this list reflect on our own flaws and glorify Your mercy. In Jesus' name, Amen.

4. People do not take this addiction seriously.
    This one is why many start NoFap but never even reach two weeks.
    Pretty self-explanatory, this addiction ruins lives and some people fail to realize just how much they are missing out by continuing to dwell in this sin. Once we realize how helpless we are in this addiction, we can move on to focusing on removing it with the help of God.

3. Keeping the addiction to ourselves.
    This will probably give you a longer streak but not an infinite one. This is also a symptom of pride, which I have been guilty of too, this will only eat at you to the day of your death. Tell someone in person, someone who loves you, the more the better.

2. Ignoring advice given to us.
    This is a big one guys, you have a lot of advice on nofap.com, the forums, books, the Bible, etc. You need to listen to the advice and actually make sure you follow it every day. Just because you made it to day 2 doesn't mean your strategy is working. It means you have to continually adjust and fix your strategy based on the advice given to you until you've reached six months or even a year or two.

1. Doing this without Christ.
    This is impossible. Like I said before this will only get you so far but it will not get rid of the addiction. Actually without Christ, getting rid of your addiction is meaningless.

John 14:9-14 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the works themselves. Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

Post any questions or comments below, I apologize for the grammatical errors I was in a little rush to post this thread and I will update it frequently.

God Bless!

2. The old me thanks God that he has given me the power to do his will. The new me thanks God for Jesus and his death that washes away my sins.

SourSwordsman likes this.