1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

43 days in, anxiety still high, wondering when it will get better

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by canuk2222, Oct 4, 2020.

1. canuk2222

canuk2222 Fapstronaut

Been reading this forums for awhile and wanted to reach out for some support and here from some folks who have made it through the reboot.

This my first attempt at a reboot and I have made it to 43 days, I was like everyone and did PMO regularly throughout my twenties but the last 2 years it became a problem, 2 times a day.

I noticed significant changes in my anxiety levels, had panic attacks and felt like I wasn’t myself. I wasn’t operating at the level I know I could and I knew I had to change something.

I stumbled upon nofap when I realized that PMO was becoming and issue, so here I am.

I have always exercised 3-4 days a week, diet is pretty good, I do go to therapy bi weekly, and am successful work wise.

The first two weeks were great, been since then I am going through more bad days than good, my chest is heavy, my breath feels short, just feel flat. I do have a libido but not at the level it once was.

the anxiety symptoms are what is worrying me the most, does it get better? From everything I read it says things are suppose to get better by now. I’m 35

Any help and insight would be greatly appreciated.

2. stranger_oreo27

stranger_oreo27 Fapstronaut

Hey, not qualified enough to answer but just an opinion- PMO might lead to anxiety but it has another causes too. Since you have been visting a therapist, they would give you a better answer. But keep in mind, 43 days streak in the first attempt is truly commendable. There are a lot of success stories out here and I'm sure if you continue this way, you'll be posting one sooner or later too!
    All the best, and yes, if you are making so much effort, it will get better even if takes time .

ruso likes this.
  3. canuk2222

canuk2222 Fapstronaut

Thank you for the reply, I really appreciate it. Will stay focused on the task at hand and stay strong. It’s a battle for sure, but from everything I read you just have to keep pushing forward. The increased anxiety may last longer for some than others. Thanks again for your support

stranger_oreo27 likes this.
  4. Stay strong man.It can be Withdrawal symptoms.Really 43 days in first attempt is very good number.keep it up. Regarding anxiety do you have this problem before? Starting nofap

canuk2222 likes this.
  5. canuk2222

canuk2222 Fapstronaut

I did, but it was never this bad, never had the physical symptoms of it. Was more just the racing thoughts. Always been hard on myself, but the physical symptoms scare me a bit. Thanks so much for the reply and encouragement

6. Like many rebooters said here, it gets worse before getting better. I hope you feel better in upcoming weeks of this journey.

canuk2222 likes this.
  7. canuk2222

canuk2222 Fapstronaut

I sure hope so. Thanks again

8. ruso

ruso Fapstronaut

Hey man, hope the anxiety has calmed down a bit. it’s always a uphill battle for me as well.

I saw from your post that you work out, work is good, going to therapy etc. That’s great, just remember to take a break sometime or plan for some time off. Maybe needing a break is what you need, away from it all - if it makes sense for you.

canuk2222 likes this.
  9. canuk2222

canuk2222 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reply. Anxiety seems to come and go, always present. Never really had the physical symptoms, heavy chest and shallow breath, muscle tightness etc. which has been the scary part. But I’m hoping it’s just part of the process and will get better as the process continues. Hope the same for you, it’s a tough thing to go through but necessary and hopefully worth it in the end.