44 yo from Italy, looking for an AP

Discussion in 'Accountability Partners' started by AustinPowers, May 1, 2018.

1. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Celebration! You just broke your personal record!!
    Good job my friend, I'm proud of you. And that's only the beginning...

2. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Yes, thanks. Next stop, 30 days tomorrow. I've had some tempting thoughts this weekend but I'm going to hang in there. How are things with you?

3. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

I'm very busy this period of the year, this sure helps.
    Anyway I feel good, trying to keep the watch high and to be not too confident, which might be risky.
    60 days will be a stop by for me, then my personal: 70 days.
    After that is a whole new world I look forward to meet.

artifact likes this.
  4. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

And now you have 45 days, way to go! I think of that as my next mini-goal, because my all-time no P record is 39 days. This streak of mine feels miraculous, lets keep it up!

5. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Austin! Are you still with me? I need a status update.

6. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Sure, I'm with you!
    My weekends are crazy, very busy.
    We have almost 85 days of retention, two of us!
    So far so good

7. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

OK, glad to hear it! I feel like I've been on shaky ground this weekend. My air conditioner stopped working and I've been trying to figure out I'll make it through the summer. I'm going to call my landlord again, maybe he will replace the old one. Anyway, I know this will pass and the situation will work out somehow. The good news is I'm still on track with my recovery. Looking forward to my 45 days soon.

8. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

You know what:
    2 days are like 100, no difference.
    It's all a state of mind. It's really mental...we have one big advantage compared to many other addiction, we don't have "physical" addiction, so once you change your mindset then you can start your real recovery.
    I've heard of people "they have to do it" because their body demands it, they are too used to do it. Bullshit. It's your brain that tells your body to do it, but it's no good.
    I feel soooo good right now. I think about my retention every single day (pretty comprehensible) but I don't feel like doing "the you know what" anymore, I found my balance.
    I'm avoiding the "triggers" on the web and around me. They scare me, which is good. So I keep focused on my goal.

artifact likes this.
  9. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Another personal milestone for me today, 40 days no PMO, beating my all time no P record of 39 days. A year ago I didn't believe I would ever make it this far! Thanks again, Austin. I'm lovin' this lifestyle. Next goal, 45 days, then 60.

10. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Wonderful!
    I'm so happy for you.
    Amazing job. Only you and me know how hard it is. Reach for 45, I'll reach 60 soon :)

11. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Hard times for me last saturday night.
    Maybe for the first time from the start I did trembled for a while, but then I stood up.
    Too much confidence. I must remember that I'm still weak.
    I have to admit that this PMO tracker works a lot, my first thought has been for this counter.
    I don't really feel like going back to 0, I don't really want to ruin all the work done so far.
    Grab on these numbers Artifact, they will save us!

Woodcutter74 and artifact like this.
  12. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

I hear you. I just went through a rough patch myself right before I reached 45 days. Unwanted thoughts popping into my head and that sort of thing. But then I thought to myself "there's no way I'm losing all these days and going back to THAT lifestyle." Just remember to hang in there and the urges will eventually pass. Your addiction is struggling to regain control of your life. I've heard it said that a habit repeated for 90 days creates a new neural pathway in your brain, which means that at some point this will get easier for us. Let's keep trying! I'm in this as long as you are.

13. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Here is some inspirational music for you, Austin :D:

14. xavieryorick

xavieryorick Fapstronaut

Austin,

I just want to encourage you. I hope you continued to do well after this week.

Let us know what happened.

I'm just beginning my journey and am inspired by your progress as well as the progress of others here as well such as artifact.

15. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Welcome to the family xavier!
    We're doing great things over here, we just talk and give support to each other.
    Stick to the numbers, the counter gives you a lot of strength!
    Where are you from?

16. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Hi xavier. You are welcome to join us on this accountability thread. It has really helped me to get on track. My previous record was 27 days, now I have almost double that. Austin will beat his old record in another week.

17. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

50 days.
    It sounds so good.
    Proud of you, your old record has been vaporized

artifact likes this.
  18. Woodcutter74

Woodcutter74 Fapstronaut

Hi Austin. 43 years old from Canada. Been 21 days I quit PMO. Happy to be here.

19. artifact

artifact Fapstronaut

Welcome Woodcutter, hope you can hang with us on this accountability thread. Austin and I have a little competition going. Keep us posted on your progress and we will do the same.

Woodcutter74 likes this.
  20. AustinPowers

AustinPowers Fapstronaut

Welcome Woodcutter!
    That's the best nickname for a Canadian ;o)
    We're on our way to success, you just met a couple of tough guys: Artifact and I.
    Your numbers add value to our group! We stick to the numbers, they are fundamentals.

Woodcutter74 likes this.