1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

45+ Days Report – coming to terms with reality...

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by ꋫꑛꋫꁒ___ ꁒꐇꁒꐇꀗꌚꑛꐇ___, Sep 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. In my previous posts, i haven't been completely open and honest about my life in general and how i'm coping with it. This report sheds some light on it;

I graduated from a music conservatory this year in may, majoring in Piano performance and electronic music. And to be completely honest, i don't know if i am cut out to be in the music industry at all! I was too casual in my approach, too laid back, naive, thinking that things would eventually fall into place for me as if was born entitled to it. Reality is far from it. I find myself jobless now. Clueless as to what the next step is from here.

I feel like a failure, who missed out on a golden opportunity that many people can only dream about. My education fees was way too high and i was not able to justify it with my results. :emoji_disappointed_relieved: I feel that i've let down my family and relatives who actually hoped to see me become someone by pursuing something unconventional.

I've relocated to a new area around my city yesterday night, was really tempted out of stress to give in to the temptation but instead read up on some success stories and avoided the incident.

However, last week i get a message from my faculty that there is an opportunity for me to intern for a studio for 6 months. Perhaps this is my ticket to redemption? I don't know. Maybe there is hope after all...

I will, continue to abstain, seek support and regularly check in to be in this fight. At least, here i can be authentic, openly honest and accountable to myself and others.
    My next goal : 60 DAYS

2. KeepGoingStayStrong!

KeepGoingStayStrong! Fapstronaut

3. JoePineapples

JoePineapples Fapstronaut

I'd imagine that the music business is a tough nut to crack, and getting your foot in the door for your first job may be the toughest bit. The internship might be the opportunity you need (might not, I don't know enough about it to judge), to make some connections, and open you up to other opportunities.
    Well done on what you have achieved so far, and good luck whatever you choose to do.

4. Reborn16

Reborn16 Fapstronaut

Great work on 45 days. Sounds like a good opportunity to get experience at the very least with the internship.

I wasted time and money on studies without even passing, I too thought it would fall into place and there was a plan for me, I wouldn't have to worry... Reality hurts because it's like running into some stairs, at least now the only way is up!

Deleted Account likes this.
  5. That's what i'm hoping for. It's the first step in making a career out of this experience. I won't waste it like all the other times. My life depends on it!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. With a renewed hope, i will continue on this journey even if things look gloomy at the moment.:emoji_bow:

6. Hey thanks a lot JOE. You seem to be doing well too! True the internship is my only chance at redeeming myself. I should start making careful career choices from here on now. I'll approach things with a 'Growth Mindset' from here on now.
    Your support and the whole community's is a bonus!

7. 4DCreator

4DCreator Fapstronaut

Don't be tough on yourself. You can create such opportunities for you that you have never even dreamed about and they will pay your previous fees 100x. Do not be closed minded and in a victim mode, please. Victim mode kills personality. I have experienced similar. I was building something for 14 years and it is not working. I was extremely depressed, I also have a huge narcissistic abuse trauma from a toxic woman and my plans and dreams are gone as my personality is eaten by some acid. I am building new person from nothing.

I am a quite older man and many people at my age have savings, children, wives, great jobs.. I have nothing, I even struggle to go to find work as because of my mental state. But by being thankful for what I have and that I am reasonably healthy I feel OK with myself and accepting myself not going to a victim mode. And bright future is waiting just behind the corner. Just be positive and carry on your path.

You can still gain more experience in playing piano, create your own style or have a fantastic youtube channel with some nice music there.

I am sending you something to cheer up your spirit :)

8. Hey man, thanks for those words of encouragement.
    I have started practicing gratefulness in the 30-day challenge thread. Each day i post 1 thing i'm grateful for in my life to precisely get out of this victimhood mentality to a more 'growth' oriented mentality. I'm slowly beginning to feel more blessed with the things i have as opposed to the things i 'desire' since the past week.

Also i'm slowly beginning to appreciate myself as well. This has never happened before in my life since,....well,...as long as i can remember. So yes, while this forum has given me some insights, the next few months, i'll just focus on building myself again through the opportunity i have and reorient my life towards achieving career goals.

SO thank you again!

9. :emoji_smirk:

Deleted Account and 4DCreator like this.
  10. ichdiegross12345

ichdiegross12345 Fapstronaut