1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

494 days, open mind

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by modern milarepa, Sep 4, 2021.

1. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Current streak: 494 days no PMO, semen retention

“If your mind is empty, it is always ready for anything; it is open to everything. In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities; in the expert's mind there are few!" Zen Mind, Begginer’s Mind- Shunryu Suzuki.

This streak has given me many lessons but one or the most important one is to be relaxed, open to the world to explore myself, to change and to adapt.
    I am more humble, I can learn from anybody. I respect everybody. No teaching is below me.
    I see there is good in every person. Now, I can give the benefit of the doubt when I meet someone or what other person is telling me, I don’t judge. This openness has made me more tolerant to others but not just that this has created a more flexible mind in all regards: I can study better, more memory. I can analyze people more easily, I can let go an argument, I don’t have to be always right, if I am wrong I accept it and learn from it. This way I have more energy because I don’t lose it unnecessarily fighting with the world, I am less angry and have more emotional control.

Conclusion: be open minded, don’t create rigid ideas about life. The more rigid you are the easier is for you to break.

500, determined99, Quezatolah and 6 others like this.
  2. palindromo

palindromo Fapstronaut

Congratulations man

EpsilonDelta and modern milarepa like this.
  3. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

These are great reflections, thanks for sharing! I as well have been thinking lately about having a flexible/open mind vs. a "rigid" mind, as you put it so well.

modern milarepa likes this.
  4. kumarach

kumarach Fapstronaut