1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

54-days Rosary Novena of Pompeii

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. curawl

curawl Fapstronaut

Hello,

Are you familiar with Novena to our Lady of Pompeii?
    It is quite popular where I live (Poland). I did a bit of research and it turns out there is a couple of variations to it. However, I did not find many resources about this novena in English, I suppose it is not that popular for instance in the US. I do not know much of historical background of this novena, maybe I will add more information later.

I am currently praying this novena with the intention of repentance from impurity. I have to say that I experienced the power of this prayer, it looks like that my petition is answered. Many have testified they obtained graces thanks to this form of praying Rosary.

This form of prayer is very time-consuming. Part of my motivation of sharing it with you is that in my country a couple of priests invite, encourage people to to join this novena starting tomorrow (13th of May 2020, Fatima anniversary) with intention of "repentance of sinners of who I am the foremost one" (see 1Tm 1:15).

Let me introduce you to this novena. It is the variation that I am praying, so don't be surprised if you find versions differing from this one to a degree:

1. The main idea is to pray the whole Rosary (15 or 20 decades according to your preference) each day of 54-day novena.
    2. The number of 54 is 9 x 6, so six "standard" 9-days novenas. One prays three novenas of petition and immediately afterwards three novenas of thanksgiving.
    3. It does not need to be prayed at one time for specific day, you can pray various parts at different moments of the day. The condition is to fit the whole Rosary (20 decades or 15 if you omit Luminous Mysteries) within one day.

More detailed instruction:
    1. You start by making Sing of a Cross
    2. You pray "I offer this Rosary to your honor, Queen of Holy Rosary." and you say your intention. It has to be one intention for the whole novena so it is good to have it written down to avoid the temptation to modify it later
    3. You say introductory prayers (Creed, Our Father, 3 Hail Marys...). It has to be done only once for the beginning for the whole Rosary, no need to repeat it when you start next parts.
    4. You continue with decades meditating on the Mysteries (Usual Rosary prayer. Some say that if you don't pray it at one time you shouldn't make Sing of a Cross when you interrupt it - to stress the fact that it is one act of prayer)
    5. After finishing all decades of the Rosary, you say concluding prayer (there are two, you take one depending on whether you are in petition or thanksgiving part, details below)
    6. You finish the Rosary as usually with "Hail Holy Queen" or "Beneath Thy protection" and afterwards you conclude with saying three times: "Queen of Holy Rosary, pray for us"

Here are the concluding prayers, my translation - might be faulty in some places:

Petition Part (days 1-27, first three novenas):

Remember, merciful Virgin of the Rosary of Pompeii, as it has never been heard that any of Your worshipers, with Your Rosary, calling for Your help was to be abandoned by you. Oh, don't despise my prayer, Mother of the Eternal Word, but through your Holy Rosary and the pleasure you show for your temple in Pompeii, hear me kindly. Amen.

Thanksgiving part (days 28-54, novenas 4-6)

What can I give you, Queen full of love? I devote my whole life to You. As long as I have the strength I will extend Your honor, o Virgin of the Holy Rosary of Pompeii, because when I called for Your help, God's grace struck me. I will tell everywhere about the mercy you have done for me. As much as I can, I will extend the devotion to the Holy Rosary, I will proclaim to everyone how kindly you have dealt with me, so that the unworthy, like me, sinners, go to you with trust. O, if the whole world knew how good you are, how much pity you have for those who suffer, all creatures would resort to You. Amen.

chastedude likes this.