1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Months

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MelancholyWeightlifter, Sep 22, 2014.

1. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

I've made it six months. It seems like a lifetime ago...it's time to refocus and try even harder, I'm half way to my goal. My new goal is to aggressively prevent and destroy any sexual thoughts I may have. This in addition to other steps should help reduce wet dream/sleep masturbation frequency.

"Those who believe they can do something and those who believe they can't are both right." - Henry Ford

Make the decision to end this. Be done with this burden. No more excuses, no more relapses, no more setbacks.

Burn away this leech with the unfathomable power of the human spirit. You are a being of light, if you let yourself become one. Shine a light in the darkness of PMO.

Beat this. Win.

AVictory likes this.
  2. IGY

IGY Guest

Well done bro - respect - I am half way behind you ;)

I am interested in how you manage to achieve this greater focus/effort. I agree that a proactive approach is required. But could you elaborate on how you expect to do this generally. Additionally, how do you intend to reduce wet dreams and sleep masturbation? I notice you say 'reduce frequency'. This is not a criticism but it is unusual for you to think in these terms compared to your usual 'I shall take no prisoners' approach to these matters. Thanks: IGY :)

3. UltimatePotential22

UltimatePotential22 Fapstronaut

What are methods bro? Do you weighlift daily? Any tips or advice you can hand down? Desperately trying to stay on the path...

Congrats btw!

4. MelancholyWeightlifter

MelancholyWeightlifter Distinguished Fapstronaut

To IGY. Well I know I can't completely end wet dreams, but I've noticed the more I think about sex and the more I see sexually suggestive material the more likely it is for nocturnal sexual activity to occur. So I'm going to try to eradicate any sexual thoughts or feelings I may have, also, I'm going to avoid anything even remotely sexual in the media I consume. I also am going to try meditating before bed.

To Ultimate Potential. Yeah I lift a lot. I take cold showers/ice baths every day. In the end though when it comes down to the wire and you're waging war in your brain, raw willpower is the only thing that will get you through.

SaiyanWarrior likes this.
  5. IGY

IGY Guest

That is a good way to tackle it Melancholy. But sometimes, 'raw willpower' isn't enough. I also believe in asking for help from a 'higher power', whatever you perceive it/Him to be.

SaiyanWarrior likes this.
  6. Vision

Vision Fapstronaut

Congratulations, Melancholy!

Hope to get there too by Higher Power, Intelligence, Will Power, Meditation, Sport and other Good Habits.

7. sunnykmr123

sunnykmr123 Fapstronaut

This is not a criticism but it is unusual for you to think in these terms compared to your usual 'I shall take no prisoners' approach to these matters.

8. klikker

klikker Fapstronaut

why do anybody need to go 200+ days? I think its really a bit aseuxal.... and sick...
    Don't any of you want to have real sex with a girl?
    I don't look for this as a challenge, its a change, and thats all.. after my reboot i want to find a girl.. not concentrate to go for 200+ or 300+ or 5-10 years.. lol

9. ImReadyD151

ImReadyD151 Fapstronaut

I am sort of thinking the same way as you Klikker, but everyone has their reasons. I too want to fight away this addiction so I can find a girl, and I view this as a change/challenge, but MelancholyWeightlifter seems to be doing great in his quest. He's a person who lives for the grind, and I admire that. Something I am striving to be, it builds tremendous willpower and is something. I guess the point I'm trying to get to is people come here for many reasons, so it's best not to judge.

AVictory likes this.
  10. I know it’s seven years ago that you reached 6 months but I hope you are well living a better life without PMO. Your post is inspiring and at 24 days I too will reach 6 months and it will be a great day when I do.

Lovelife247 likes this.
  11. FrenchOliver

FrenchOliver Fapstronaut