1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

60 Days to Better Health

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by CrimsnBlade, Feb 27, 2018.

1. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

I am currently doing the 90 day challenge, and I was thinking the other day how I need to be healthier, exercise more, the things we always tell ourselves to do but never really get around to doing them. But I considered that I'm already changing my PMO habits for 90 days, why not add something to the challenge? I have about 2 months left, so I just made it a 60 day challenge. Here's the idea:

Exercise once per day for at least 15-20 minutes:
    • This can be just a simple walk, short run, any physical activity
    • There are tons of short, guided exercise videos online (I use a firestick on my tv) that will work great for this as well.
    Eat healthier each day:
    • This can prove to be more difficult, especially if we are used to eating whatever is convenient. It takes discipline, but that's what this is all about right??
    • In the morning, if you eat breakfast already, just eat healthier ingredients. Add spinach to your eggs, add some veggies along with that tasty bacon. I'll be trying to make a smoothie each morning with these ingredients.
    1. 1 cup Orange Juice
    2. Handful of Spinach
    3. Frozen blueberries
    4. Kale leaves (just 1 or 2, Kale has a really strong taste)
    5. Banana
    • For lunch I used to just make a simple sandwich or go out to eat and order whatever I wanted. My new commitment is to make or order a salad for each lunch meal. Lots of veggies, meat (chicken or turkey normally), and for dressing I'll just use olive oil and vineger mixed together to keep from all the additives and sugar that are in storebought dressing.
    Dinner will honestly be whatever my wife cooks, she is relatively healthy anyways so that won't be tough. The hardest part will be keeping that discipline at restaurants. I tend to enjoy a few beers or cocktails on the weekend as well, so I'm just going to keep that to a minimum, probably 2 per day at the most.

If anyone wants to join with me in this, lets do it! Post your own ideas or alterations to this and lets all get started being healthier as well as reaping the benefits of defeating PMO! I'll be posting at least once per week on my progress, usually on Tuesdays. I'll be keeping a personal log of my weight and taking pictures to track my progress, but those will be kept private. Just an idea to keep yourself accountable though!

Let's get started!

2. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Week 1 done and I have seen progress already. I've lost a little weight, have more energy, and my mood is better than normal as well. I haven't stuck to this 100% but this makes me want to try even harder!

j_pwc_bat likes this.
  3. Be careful to not use the blanket expression of 'healthy'
    If I ate that I'd be the size of a bamboo stick... No where near enough carbs or calories, if you exercise you should probably work out what you're daily calorie intake should be online and the use a small deficit, that makes it more sustainable.
    Congrats on wanting to get you're diet in check though.

j_pwc_bat likes this.
  4. j_pwc_bat

j_pwc_bat Fapstronaut

Congrats on your 33 days !
    It's good you are making an effort to eat Healthy. Lots of Veggies is a Great Idea.

On the Smoothie........ IMHO.......... avoid the spinach assist -- but your choice. Also you could just have fruit some mornings (ex: 2-3 bananas). Green Tea you will like (health benefits, low cost, 10% of caffeine of coffee, Positive Energy -- anytime).
    Mainly wanted to comment -- you could just eat Lots of Veggies at lunchtime and dinner.

Good luck!

5. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Thanks for the input! I'm definitely still learning how to be more healthy, and I don't exercise consistently enough as it is, but I'm hoping to get more consistent and learn as I go so I can be more healthy in general. Do you have a good reference for calculating calorie intake and what a good deficit would be, in a percentage?

6. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Veggies are great, I'm learning to like them more and more. I haven't thought about green tea but that's a great idea! Thanks!

Why do you say avoid the spinach? Just curious, I'm still learning about all of this so if there is a detriment to eating spinach in the mornings, I'm all ears!

7. I h
    I highly doubt it will be a problem
    that said spinach is disgusting so any excuse not to eat it lol.

8. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

About 3 weeks in I think, I downloaded the MyFitnessPal app and have been tracking my calories the past few days. Looking into and trying an IIFYM diet and trying different kinds of exercise as well. So far it's been fun and I can still tell a difference in the way I look and feel.

WelcomeToTheNewAge likes this.
  9. Cronometer is a better tracking app than MFP. Their food data and entries are verified and reliable while MFP entires are a complete shit show.

10. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Thanks, ya I've noticed they are kind of all over the map. I've been calculating it myself and just picking something close to it for the most part.

11. Winner11

Winner11 Fapstronaut

Im doing intermittent fasting, eating healthy, exercising at least 4 times a week, cold showers, meditation on top of nofap. I hope that helps you a bit.:D

12. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Ya I do all of that! Haven't taken a cold shower in a while but I've been considering starting that up again.

13. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Going strong and took a cold shower this morning, 4 weeks in and the most benefit I've seen is counting calories. It's interesting because even if I eat something unhealthy or heavy I can feel it more now, like it makes me feel sluggish. Makes me want to pay more attention to what I'm eating so that I can feel on top of my game at all times. Exercise helps with that too.