1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 days Sugar fast

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Jan 18, 2019.

1. HEY GUYS I HAVE HEARD THAT AVOIDING SUGAR HELPS FOR MOOD STABILIZATION & IT WORKS GREAT FOR THOSE SUFFERING MOOD SWINGS & DEPRESSION & ALSO HELPS DURING FLATLINE...SO I HAVE STARTED THIS CHALLENGE FOR 7 DAYS TO TRY IF IT WORKS
    DONT FORGET TO CLICK ON "WATCH THREAD"
    STAY TUNED WITH US ON DAILY BASIS FOR ATLEAST A WEEK & ALSO SHARE YOUR BENIFITS HERE

2. NO SUGAR DAY 0
    BECAUSE I JUST ATE A LOW SUGAR BISCUIT CALLED "MCVITIES DIGESTIVE"...MY PLAN IS TO ABSTAIN COMPLETELY FOR 1 WEEK....
    PEACE ;)

3. No sugar DAY 1 STARTED...LETS SEE HOW THE DAY GOES
    # PEACE ;)

ApostleOfDeath likes this.
  4. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

If this is true
    Then I will try it
    But I am skeptical

5. Day 2 no sugar started but unfortunately I relapsed to PMO yesterday

6. if i was you i would avoid junk food all together, just eat natural foods and do not drink soda, just things like water, or green tea, milk and orange juice is fine to.

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. Yeah buddy I am avoiding everything like junk food,soda....I am not consuming a single amount of sugary food except fruits & salad...Anyways thx for suggestion :)

BravelyKegger likes this.
  8. Just broke my no sugar streak at my friends home....His mom made a sugar tea(lipton tea) for both us & it wasnt possible to ignore it so I relapsed at sugar but I will not binge I am going to start my no sugar streak again from tomorrow...
    PEACE ;)

9. well its not the worst thing you can relapse on haha, but just stay strong, the urges will fade over time, i was able to overcome my urge for sugar for the most part, i find eating all natural is the best way, which you are doing so keep it up.

10. Best fasting against PMO are fatty foods. Ignore them and you ll see results.
    Also turning into a vegan for a few days also makes miracles.

11. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

I almost never eat added sugar, except when I'm eating out, even if you don't order anything particularly sweet, they are almost always putting sugar in the food. I don't eat out often and read labels to make sure I'm not buying foods with added sugar.

Doing this, your taste changes. Many sweets I used to love as a kid are way too sweet for my taste now. I don't crave sweets, the most not-so-healthy food I tend to crave nowadays is mashed potatoes.

Avoid sugar as much as possible, it's fucking poison. (Sugar in fruit isn't as bad, the body reacts differently to it). I recommend setting rules that you can follow, for example like me, not eating anything with added sugar at home.

12. sugar in fruit is not bad because it is natural, of course you should limit fruit intake and eat more veggies.

13. Thx for your suggestions guys....I really appreciate them ;)

14. Day 1 No sugar started
    Lets see how the entire week goes...I have been limiting my sugar intake since last 3.5 months but now I am quitting entire sugary foods for a week & it does include all those things which include refined sugar such a biscuits,cookies, fast foods & replacing it with vegan diet sounds very great..Thx for the suggestion I will definitely try it....I have also lost 10 kgs in last 3 months....I was 78 kg but now I am only 68(which is way more lighter than before)its only because I limited my sugar intake & replaced it with fruits & also limited excess food..Anyways lets see how the entire no sugar day goes

15. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i find that interesting, as im on a small sugar fast, i drink coffee everyday so i cut sugar out of my coffee ,huge step an i drink water all day, at least 5 days a week,yes my mood swings have subsided but i didnt think it related to my sugar fast,

16. Yeah buddy its good to avoid excess sugar & decreasing sugar count improves recovery process & also boosts your recovery from depression,anxiety & mood swings Because excessive use of sugar causes mood swings & also depression....my mood swings are way more reduced than before after decreasing my sugar count so I thought to give sugar fast a try

{Ananta} likes this.
  17. I think what your aiming for is a good thing. I am wanting to do this. Just the other day I gave in and bought a large cake. I knew I shouldn’t but was feeling depressed. I ate a huge section of the cake and immediately regretted it. I threw the rest of the cake away and am going to try again. I need to stay away from junk food as well as greatly reduce my sugar intake.

I’m rooting for you and will be following your progress. I’m sure it will inspire me as well as others.

18. Its to good see that you are trying to improve yourself....We are with you brother :)

19. Day 2 NO SUGAR STARTED!
    I have successfully completed day without sugar yesterday....I also had some sugar cravings yesterday but I ignored them & thankfully its my day 2....Lets bring it forward as @paaast12 said less sugar_ more health (100% agreed)
    Peace guys

20. Minsc

Minsc Fapstronaut

Sugar is definitely something I want to reduce. Must combat that sweet tooth.