1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

7 Easy Steps on how to become noFap from a Monk!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bhaktisoldier, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Bhaktisoldier

Bhaktisoldier Fapstronaut

My name is Manobi and I have been successfully noFap for 4 years thanks to my new found practice of Krishna Consciousness. I went from being an addict to clean in 2017 and never went back since. Here are some beginner tips which worked not only for me but for Krishna conscious practitioners from all walks of life (not just monks but working class men, students etc.). Hope it helps!

1) Reveal your issues to someone (preferably someone who doesn't having a fapping problem) who will maintain confidentiality - Secrecy around fapping encourages our mind to urge us to continue the activity. We recommend a serious practitioner of Bhakti yoga or Krishna Consciousness. Search up "ISKCON" centres in your city to find some.

2) Stay away from smart phones and get a simple phone. If u have to use a smart phone only use it in public place.
    - When we are alone with our smart phone we are more likely to fall victim to the urges of our mind to engage in the activity

3) Engage yourself In intense spiritual practices like mantra meditation and live with people who practice it as well.
    - Abstaining from the act of fapping is one thing, but you need something better to do to occupy your mind and channel your energies (See this link for a how to on mantra meditation - )

4) Cover yourself in night nicely do not sleep naked. Studies show that when we sleep with less cloths on it leads to aggravation of sexual desires.

5) Read uplifting literatures before going to bed that fill your mind with thoughts that aren't sexual in nature but pure. Preferably spiritual literature like the Bhagavad Gita.

6) Never sleep in pitch dark. Have at least some light. A night light is recommended. Also keep some spiritual and calm music in the background quietly preferably the Hare Krishna mantra ().

7) GIGO - "Garbage in garbage out". Take in consideration what you are eating, watching, hearing. One cannot win over masturbation if he’s eating food that agitated/aggravates genital's. Vegetarian foods without onion & garlic is recommended. NO MEAT. Similarly if you talk about sex, hear of or watch sexual content your mind will be thus affected.

As stated these are some beginners tips for kicking the habit. If you can follow these then that is an amazing start. Of course you may not be religious or spiritual but in any case - what other methods are out there that are working for you???

Please take it from me, having changed my lifestyle in line with the above fapping has become a non-issue. I don't even consider doing the act anymore. All I can say is give the above a try!

If you have any questions on the above please ask me.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
  2. Great advice sir.thank you.

Krishna Das likes this.
  3. JoniSins

JoniSins New Fapstronaut

4. Krishna Das

Krishna Das Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing sir

Bhaktisoldier likes this.
  5. This is excellent advice, especially the 'Garbage in=garbage out' idea. Thanks!

Krishna Das likes this.