1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

10 year's freedom from pmo - my Catholic method

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Today is year 9 of my sobriety and new life.
    All glory to Jesus.

Auggie, Stommy, born3 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Fantastic! Congratulations and praised God!

CPilot and born3 like this.
  3. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

I thought the title of your journal had changed! That is quite something and shows the power of God. Thanks for sticking around to support others. It a makes me wonder how many people get this type of freedom. Keep doing what you are doing!

Auggie and Stommy like this.
  4. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Congratulations!!! What a fantastic achievement!

Your journey, your method, your support, your goals are a source of inspiration and hope for us. Thank you!
    Thank you for staying with us to help us along the way.
    We praise the Lord for these stupendous results.

CPilot, Auggie and Mara43 like this.
  5. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

I may have asked you in the past…how old were you when you started the fight against PM? And when did you reach the start of victory?

6. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

I started when I was 20 or so but the fight was occasional only. Much more time, even months, I remained without any fight or only with weak and short time attempts to fight. More consequent fighting began after I had married but for the next 11 years I wasn't able to achieve 3 weeks mark. Once I could achieve 1 year but it was done without God's work ( I depended first of all on my human power of will) and the effect was that the sobriety caused me much pain and no freedom.

My real effective start began about 10 years ago when I started to depend on God first of all and all my means ( besides of one) based on Catholic tradition. The effect was that I did it almost without pain and with much less effort because God gives relief.

CornyKatana, Mara43 and Stommy like this.
  7. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Thanks you!

8. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

My comments on the book which is the base of my freedom from pmo:

''Grace, Actual And Habitual; a dogmatic treatise''
    by Pohle, Joseph, 1852-1922; Preuss, Arthur, 1871-1934

IMPRIMATUR
    Sti. Ludovici, die 23 Oct 1916
    * Joannes J. Qlennon, Archiepiscopus Sti. Ludovici

'' we come to the consideration of the means offered us by God, to enable us to believe His truths and to observe His precepts (general rules intended to regulate behaviour or thought) to the end.
    These means are prayer and the Sacraments ... the means which God has ordained for our sanctification...''

To observe His precepts means to not pmo either. So, which means God offered us to enable us not to pmo? These means are prayer and the Sacraments. These means are not different from our sanctification.

'' whether of ourselves and by our own natural powers we are able to believe , or to keep the entire moral law
    Our Catechism answers that this we are unable to do. Without grace we can do nothing to merit heaven
    , in this state of fallen nature, man needs supernatural help to enable him to avoid evil, to do good ''

to keep the entire moral law is to not pmo (no sexual sins) either. We addicts, in this state of fallen nature, are by our own natural powers unable to not pmo. We need supernatural help to enable us to avoid pmo evil.

'' Man, though feeble (lacking strength of character) in himself, becomes strong and invincible when assisted by God. Through the Divine aid of grace there is no duty which we cannot fulfil, no sin which we cannot avoid, no virtue which we cannot acquire, no passion which we cannot overcome, and no victory which we cannot obtain.''

Do you want to be invincible in your fight against pmo? Then you must be assisted by God. One of our duties is not to pmo. Can we overcome pmo passion? Can we obtain victory over pmo sin? Read the sentences above once again - Through the Divine aid of grace there is no passion which we cannot overcome.

'' Grace - the influence of God — Divine influence or the influence of the Spirit in renewing the heart and restraining from sin ''

restraining from pmo sin too? Of course but we need God's grace.

'' grace — a gift that raises us above ourselves, and enables us to live and act in a divine and holy manner.''

Can you live in a divine and holy manner when you pmo? Then we need the grace. It can raise us above our own too weak will power.

9. The worst is over

The worst is over Fapstronaut

@Life Project

Mara43 likes this.
  10. I loved it! Also it reminds me "I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me"

CPilot, Keli, born3 and 3 others like this.
  11. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

'’The state of fallen nature - the revolt of the passions against the dictates of reason and the control of the will.’’

pmo, other addictions, bad habits are simply a revolt of our passions against our reason and the control of the will.

‘’Grace is granted to us for our sanctification and salvation — that is, to enable us to live and die in a holy manner.’’

We cannot live in a holy manner when we pmo. So God can enable us to live in a holy manner – that is without pmo. And this process is our sanctification and salvation. So, we addicts simply need sanctification and salvation in order to be healed and live without pmo.

‘’Grace is divided into external and internal. By external grace is understood those aids from without which enable a man to serve God, such as the Divine law, the preaching of the Gospel, miracles, the example of Christ and of the Saints. They are not sufficient in themselves to enable us to act supernaturally.’’

Some addicts think that writing a journal, reading the Bible or articles about how to get rid of pmo can help them. Yes, it can help to some extent but it’s not sufficient because it’s only something external to our inner power. This won’t enable us to live without pmo.

‘’Actual grace effects our justification, by it God moves us to enter upon a holy life. Actual grace is so called because it gives us the power to produce acts. It is a temporary short help by which God enlightens immediately our mind and moves our will to enable us to perform some special act of virtue (behaviour showing high moral standards)’’

What we really need is the inner power to live without pmo, power to defeat pmo temptations and God enables us to do this because acts of virtue are the same us defeating pmo temptations, having clean thoughts and other behaviour of high moral standards, like acts of true love etc.

Stommy, Auggie and Mara43 like this.
  12. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

'' the thought that comes to us to pray to God, to offer up our actions to Him, is a grace of the mind or of light. The resolution to do these acts, and the doing of them, are graces of the will ''

the thought that comes to us to pray when we are tempted is a grace of the mind or of light. The resolution to reject pmo temptations, and the staying clean, are graces of the will which are given by God if we pray, especially in temptation.

'' when the soul is in a state of sanctifying grace it will need the spiritual help of God to move it to acts of virtue... the soul, even though possessing sanctifying grace, cannot produce a supernatural act without supernatural aid and actual grace, by which God acts on the free will and enables it to wish and to effect ( cause to happen) that which is good ''

when the soul is in a state of sanctifying grace it will need the spiritual help of God to move it to reject pmo temptations and remaining clean ... the soul, even though possessing sanctifying grace, cannot produce a supernatural act of rejecting a strong or long-lasting pmo temptations without supernatural aid and actual grace, by which God acts on the free will and enables it to wish to remain clean or to reject pmo temptation and to effect ( cause to happen) soberness, purity. In the past I thought that it's enough to be in a state of sanctifying grace to be able to reject pmo temptations. I erred not knowing the teaching of the church. Even in this sate we need prayer.

'' actual grace is absolutely necessary for us to do any good act deserving or worthy of eternal life''

Are rejecting pmo and staying clean deserving or worthy of eternal life? Yes, because pmo is a sin and if one rejects a sin then it's deserving or worthy of eternal life. So actual grace is absolutely necessary for us to reject strong or long pmo temptations. ''Without Me you can do nothing''

''error of Pelagius - that human nature by its own powers, without the help of grace can begin and continue a good work and persevere in it. ''

The biggest error of vast majority of pmo addicts - that human nature by its own powers, without the help of grace (given by God during prayer) can begin and continue a good work of rejecting pmo temptations all the time and persevere in staying clean.

CPilot, Auggie, Stommy and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

'' The errors of the Semipelagians - That for the beginning of a good salutary work interior grace was not necessary, but the strength of our own free will was sufficient. ''

The errors of the vast majority of addicts - That for the beginning of a time period without pmo interior grace was not necessary, but the strength of our own free will was sufficient. Because they who don't pray or pray too short time or pray seldom show their real belief that the strength of their own free will is sufficient. The result - they give in and give in and ...

'' The errors of the Semipelagians - That final perseverance was not a special gift or grace of God, but that each one could persevere if he liked or wished. ''

The errors of the the vast majority of addicts - That final perseverance in being sober until their death was not a special gift or grace of God, but that each one could persevere if he liked or wished.

'' The errors of the Semipelagians - That Christ died for all so that all can if they wish be saved ; the Semipelagians attributed that wish or will to be saved to man's own natural powers, and not to preventing grace. ''

The errors of the the vast majority of addicts - That Christ died for all so that all can if they wish be saved from pmo addiction and they attribute that wish or will to be saved from pmo to man's own natural powers, and not to preventing grace of God given when we pray.

'' Therefore the teaching of the Church on the necessity of actual grace is, that without it we can neither begin, nor continue, nor achieve any good salutary work — that is, any work for our salvation, or that can lead us to it.''

Therefore the teaching of the Church on the necessity of actual grace is, that without it we can neither begin, nor continue, nor achieve any significantly long time period without pmo — that is, any difficult work for our salvation from pmo, or that can lead us to it.

Stommy, Mara43 and Auggie like this.
  14. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

The words of Jesus in a private revelation to a woman named Alicja Lenczewska. They have been approved for public dissemination by a theological commission and our bishop, for the benefit of believers. The book containing this revelation is becoming increasingly popular among Catholics in my country, Poland.

''SŁOWO POUCZENIA - A WORD OF INSTRUCTION''
    Alicja Lenczewska

'' It is bad when there is no constant prayer in your heart, from which your daily life flows - your thoughts, reactions, and actions. When you are praying, everything flowing from you is love and mercy, which is also My wisdom and peace. When it's silent inside you, and prayer - a conscious striving for unity with Me - is absent, you remain with your human emptiness and become a shadow of original sin. It may even be that through this emptiness, the evil spirit comes and manifests itself in you.

Now your heart is open to the spiritual life and to the action of the Holy Spirit, but it is also open to the action of other spiritual beings who do not bring peace and love. Therefore, you can no longer live carelessly in the world as you used to because the threat is even greater. It is said that where sin abounds, grace abounds. However, this law also works in the opposite direction, where grace has spilled, the action of evil spirits and their temptations has increased.

There can be no empty moments in your heart and thoughts, nor time preoccupied with external matters that flow from the world, without consciously abiding in Me - without the inner state of prayer. So, my child, be careful that the intensity of your inner life increases and there is no decrease in the inner tension of love and devotion to your God. As long as you live on earth, you cannot rest in this striving and effort. You can only rest in Me when I give rest to your soul immersed in prayer.

Everything good and creative in you is born of Me - from communing with Me in prayer, from unity with Me in your life. Not from knowledge about Me, moral principles, and prohibitions of the Decalogue, or your resolutions and participation in religious ceremonies.''

My comment to :
    '' When it's silent inside you, and prayer - a conscious striving for unity with Me - is absent, you remain with your human emptiness and become a shadow of original sin. It may even be that through this emptiness, the evil spirit comes and manifests itself in you.''

When it's silent inside you, and prayer - a conscious striving for unity with Me - is absent, you remain with your human emptiness (inclination to sin, in our case to pmo ) and become a shadow of original sin (and influenced by this shadow we choose to pmo and choose to think and do evil ). It may even be that through this emptiness, the evil spirit comes and manifests itself in you (by pmo temptations and urges which influence you to pmo).

Auggie, Mara43 and Stommy like this.
  15. Sefz33

Sefz33 Fapstronaut

. Are you the polish?

16. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes

CornyKatana likes this.
  17. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Mr Eko, some time ago you said that the promise method can also be effectively used for other addictions or for incorrect behavior.
    I will try to use it in the family, in the relationship with my wife and my son. To be more patient, more loving, and more helpful.

Keli likes this.
  18. Sefz33

Sefz33 Fapstronaut

I'm from the past, we were Facebook friends at some point, I was struggling with PMO, I tried your method but failed and here I am again still struggling with PMO. I need your help again. It's been very difficult for me, it's getting to the point where I struggle to pray in silence now or even remembering simple things etc, because my mind keeps thinking sinful thoughts etc Long story I need help, the only positive action I've been going to confession, when I get the opportunity every Wednesday night. But I have to write my sins on a piece of paper, then confess to a priest. 6 years ago, I was diagnosed with psychosis, schizophrenia and now bipolar. I must take my meds every night. And the list goes. PMO is killing me right now. I don't do drugs or drink alcohol. Been there done that. The devil may have compromised me 6 years ago, he is very real. And hell is real. Thank you

19. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Mother Theresa used promises too but without prayer promises don't work. That is if you promise to be helpful or patient in a situation then you should pray for acting love and patience at least for the short time of your promise. Without prayer a promise would become an exercise to strengthen the will but we people are simply too weak to win over our weak sinful nature. The result would be that after some tiresome fight the old bad nature will win and we could even break the promise - so the base is only prayer by which God changes our will giving it what we can't do it - strength , motivation, perseverance, resistance to pain etc.
    I for example use promises in my fight against my gluttony and in the struggle to train Brazilian jujitsu on regular basis. So I have hardly ever missed a jujitsu class for almost 2 years, the only exemptions were when I was overtrained or sick or my family needed me.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2023
    CPilot, Stommy and Mara43 like this.
  20. Mr Eko

Mr Eko Fapstronaut

Yes. I remember you well. I'll try to help you. Start simply again praying in each time when you feel bad, angry, too excited, impatient, being afraid so any time you experience negative emotions and thoughts. If you don't fight the negative feelings and thoughts by prayer they will lead you always to pmo because you will need some relief. If you don't find your relief in God, by prayer you'll have to find it in sinfull deeds like pmo. And remember to take medicine and if there is an opportunity go to a therapy.

Dogstar, Sefz33, Mara43 and 1 other person like this.