1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

The Journey ahead is long and unforgiving. No place for a boy, WE must be a warrior.

2. This is my life also to the T. As I continue my nofap journey, I become less demanding, a nicer guy with more love to give. Thanks for sharing risetogreatness.

3. CosmicCrusader

CosmicCrusader Fapstronaut

4. PowerfulSRE

PowerfulSRE Distinguished Fapstronaut

5. Start Date: Jan 25, 2019
    Day 105/108 no PM (relapsed day 51, 70, 102)
    Day 6/90 consecutive no PM
    Day 108 no alcohol or caffeine
    Day 76 weight training
    Day 9 meditation
    - feeling good with strong resolve to abstain from PMO as well as alcohol and caffeine still ... however..
    - biggest dilemma I am facing now and which kept me up half the night is whether to continue abstaining from alcohol and caffeine when I am on holiday next month
    - hot summer weather, favourite drinking spots (where I can get ESB - extra special bitter) and certain people (mom and friends) whom I will be visiting can be a trigger for me to want to drink
    - if I cave to drinking I will likely also cave to caffeine which is also bad for my prostate (BPH)
    - of course it would be in moderation (1 to 3 max) as that's all my prostate can handle before it wants to stop allowing me to pee easily - luckily I have medication now to help with that problem though
    - I am also worried as drinking can lead to PMO (one vice leads to another kind of mentality) especially if I get carried away and drink too much (more than 3)
    - I'd appreciate any advice or insights anyone has on what I should while on holiday
    - thanks so much, have a great fapfree day everyone

6. JerryK124

JerryK124 Fapstronaut

7. I'm a bit more conservative, and I would say it's best to not drink alcohol or caffeine.

You dont want your old habits to live on in who you are when you are with your past relationships. That is developing a compartment in your head where you can put your addictions, and it can easily grow outside that compartment.

My advice isn't new agey, but it might sound like it. Bring some caffeine free soda on holiday (Sprite or rootbeer) and drink that instead of alcohol or caffeine. If I want to be healthier, bring some tea instead.

Starting NOW before you go, visualize with as much detail as you can every single situation that you will be tempted to drink. Now visualize yourself reaching for your tea instead, and visualize yourself feeling deeply satisfied by drinking the tea.

Caution: many teams have caffeine.

Fredi-the and Starboii like this.
  8. A47

A47 Fapstronaut

Checking in at day 1. Had 2 or 3 urges but successfully survived them!!!

9. Srisurya

Srisurya Fapstronaut

Day 15/90 successful. Today tiring day. Wrote exam bad.

10. J007B

J007B Fapstronaut

I am on my day 0 in this challenge .

A47 and RiseToGreatness like this.
  11. surfdude

surfdude Fapstronaut

12. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

13. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

yep, that´s a common error. i see that i´m my past behaviour and the behaviour of other fapstronauts. the mind may say it´s a test by watching nudes, but it´s not, it´s still the old addicted mind playing tricks. it´s seduzing you to watch and then trap you in a corner.

Kratos_GOW likes this.
  14. RiseToGreatness

you made it bro!!! how do you feel? :)

Starboii likes this.
  15. RiseToGreatness

yeah, usually when all seems fine, maybe it´s just the flatline talking. watch out.

i think only when we feel sexual aliveness but have no desire to PMO that´s a solid proof that the reboot is working :)

Harrylucid likes this.
  16. RiseToGreatness

good coincidence Fredi. i abstained from alcohol in the first 40 days of this streak. now i only drink in my normal pattern: at weekends in the meals - 1 dose (beer or wine).
    my brain is healing because this quantity doesn´t makes me dizzy while in heavy PMO days if i drank 1 beer i immediatly felt foggy.

however i feel that even a small quantity of alcohol drops the willpower significantly, if you recall one of my late posts where i was talking about peaking and then in the final moment i searched for hip-hop. my hesitation was after a glass of wine. So if 1 dose of wine can make me hesitant, imagine 2....

i write it down on my mobile: only 1 dose, at meals. this does not means that i will never get drunk party, but in the present moment of my life, in the reboot, no. it´s extremely dangerous.
    plus excessive alcohol prevents the brain from rewiring since alcohol messes up with the dopamine circuits.

my advice is: a quantity yes, but small, and never in empty stomach.

Fredi-the likes this.
  17. Captain Anurag

Captain Anurag Fapstronaut

Day 8/90

PowerfulSRE and RiseToGreatness like this.