Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.
Same here. 4/90.
Day 5 guyssssss !!!!!
Started Challenges August 21, 2019
Longest streak 147 days
Current Challenge 14/90 no PMO
I'm now more busy so I know from experience that it is less likely that I relapse. Stay careful though.
-pray my chaplet
Habits to make:
-wake up early
-schedule the day
0 days no PMO. Had an 11 day streak.
0 days no junk food
0 days no alcohol. 1 14 day and one 12 day streak. 1 9 day streak.
64 days no posts on Facebook.
Prayed my chaplet of Divine Mercy.
Prayed my litanies.
Czestochowa prayer card.
Talks with God and Mary.
Had a fall last night. I PMO'd 3 times. I did not edge for hours in any session though. Which is good. I am still feeling some of the benefits of my 11 day streak. Hopefully that is the last of my falls.
I am not feeling too let down. A little bit. I am feeling hopeful. Every time I get long streaks, I keep some of the benefits. One of these times will be the last.
I am grateful for the 11 days. It was a wonderful gift.
I got my computer back from my friend. I have an important document on it that I needed to send in for my new career. Big temptations came right away. Soon as I had the document sent off I was acting out. I am heading up north for work here next week and will be living in a camp. I will not bring my computer up. Hopefully that gives me enough time.
I had great streaks earlier this summer when I was up north with no computer. Seams they come when I don't have it. My well being is more important than that thing. This gives me hope that I will have more great streaks and maybe even the full reboot soon here.
It's funny. I thought of something. I went to a 10 day wilderness camp when I was 15. I had so much fun. I had no social anxiety there. I was being really outgoing and I was normally so anxious and shy. I always wondered what happened. I now know. I was away from PMO. My last streak the same thing happened. I was so natural around people. I was having so much fun. I was feeling amazing. I don't want what PMO does to me anymore. It kills me.
I made it!! Thank you all for your kind words and support! Just do me one favour? Complete 90 days you won’t regret it... I’ll be on this thread to keep encouraging y’all... cmon team let’s get you to the 90 summit!. It’s awesome up here
How to stop relapsing is the million dollar question which everyone on this site would love to know. I am guessing the solution is slightly different for everyone. Below I gave a few ideas which have helped me:
1) keep busy at whatever you enjoy doing (old expression, "an idle mind is the devil's playground) as being happy will snowball in you life to other areas like noPMO - have a positive mindset
2) limit being home alone with internet access or go for a walk/jog/run if feeling tempted
3) make healthy decisions about food and exercise because if you feel good about yourself, it will give you the strength and pride to make good choices like noPMO (conversely alcohol, caffeine and drugs often lead to relapse because they also boost the dopamine system which cuases the chaser effect (your brain wants more dopamine hits)
4) get a girlfriend and have lots of great sex - you'll be too tired to want to masturbate
5) get an accountability partner to keep you on track with your nofap goals and to keep you honest
6) Willpower: Try to choose long term happiness (abstinence from PMO) over short term pleasure (faping)
7) Be aware of your triggers to want to fap and avoid them as they are often only self-medicating emotions such as sad, frustrated, rejection, lonely, depressed, anxious, hangovers, etc
8) get a porn filter on your computer (never done this one yet but am hoping someone will one day give some easy advice on how to do this for free)
9) don't have too high a expectation of yourself or that just makes you feel depressed when you fall as the roller coaster of emotions that nofap lifestyle brings (urges, flat-lining) can make you feel like quitting - be kind to yourself without giving yourself permission to binge
There's lots more but I don't want to write an essay here. Hope that helps. Good luck.
Day 5/90 Checking in.
Yesterday evening I felt like a loser for sometime. But now it's fine.
Here is another motivational video to feel. Enjoy.
Day 0 / 90
Congrats! How many attempts did it take to do the 90 day challenge?
Day 2 done.
Stay strong brother. Up and on we go
Day 23 of 90
Only good part about today is the streak besides that a terrible day made really stupid decisions which will have even worse consequences