Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.
Tempted but will overcome.
Day 14/90 No PM (ends April 8)
Day 363 on this challenge
Day 124 weight training (M, W, F)
Day 23 No alcohol
Day 18 No desserts
Day 20 No caffeinated coffee
- wow, 2 weeks, hard to believe, but still feeling strong resolve
Day - 65/90..…..
Day 2. Good. 2/7.
87/90 A very dynamic day, so there was no time to think about P.
Rise again brother. You can do it.
53 days my brothers
here´s the latest newsletter from JK Emezi. Have a nice day.
To be honest with you, when I quit porn- I didn't fully understand the "steps" I was taking.
It was only my detailed journals and note taking that allowed me to retrace the steps of my recovery.
Many years later, I noticed that my clients who rewired their brains and moved on from their behavior with porn and masturbation did a handful of powerful things.
My success rate with helping men quit porn was nowhere near where it is today. But noticing these traits, or rather, principles among my successful and happy clients allowed me to better prepare men for the challenges of rebooting.
These things were the very same things I did...but now, there was a basic foundation for the MINDSET needed to see it through.
Without further rambling, here they are:
1) Learn: Learn as much as you possibly can about your sexual problem. Learn HOWEVER you can- from a book, an expert, a video, a course, a college...fill your head with knowledge about your specific problem.
2) Tools: Gather every tool that would be helpful, study how to use them, then practice.
3) Believe: Develop faith, hope and self confidence that the tools you have learned will help you in overcoming your challenge and ending your behavior with porn and masturbation. Your relapses might cause skepticism sometimes- but it won't last. Keep watering that seed of self confidence by counting every little win.
4) Do: Think of the word DONE. The first part of done is do
You have to first DO in order to be DONE with your addiction to pornography. Doing can't be random. You must focus on the tools (#2) and behaviors you have learned(#1) and come to believe in (#3).
It truly is that simple.
Please brother, from my heart- I insist that you read the above four principles again. Perhaps even print them out.
I know its just an email from another "advice giving guy" on the internet. But its one of those short ones that makes a world of difference if you apply it.
Anytime you get lost on this journey to freedom, ask yourself: "Which of the four principles am I missing?"
I guarantee, the answer will put you back on track.
Your brother in this struggle,
Thanks buddy, looks like you're up next.
Awesome.... Keep going further....
That's good. If you can't go to the gym, do some push ups and pull ups. The important thing is to keep showing up no matter what, this way you develop the habit of exercising, what is a big step.
I dont know what's wrong Ive beat this before now I struggle to make to a week but here we go day 0
Day 26 ) Excited! Got a bit of a cold which may make it a bit easier for a few days
23.01 Day 1:
I was busy enough to be free from cravings and lust: went to academy, watched videos at home and then went to the gym(best part of day), meditated and made some cottage cheese/Quark(idk, google please russian word творог if you are interested) which is great source of protein and carbohydrates after gym and before sleep.
24.01 10:45 Beginning of Day 2:
Today I decided to stay home because I have to do a lot of housework and also write disease history(part of medical student training).
That's the moment of high risk - when I stay home I have much more cravings.
But I already noticed two interesting moments! First of wall, I woke up with strong morning wood which signals that my testosterone level rose up. And despite being physically horny my mind was quite clear: I didn't really care about fetishes that usually drive me crazy.
It looks like my spiritual warfrare is slowly advancing to victory!
Day 68 of 90 complete!
Day 15/90 No PM (ends April 8)
Day 364 on this challenge
Day 125 weight training (M, W, F)
Day 24 No alcohol
Day 18 No desserts
Day 20 No caffeinated coffee
- caved on real coffee this mornig and chocolate last night but at least the binge was not PMO or alcohol which is a trigger for it
- over 2 weeks now and almost a year of committedly trying
- have a good weekend folks
Day 4. It's still fucking hard. I have very strong urges and keep slipping for 10 minutes, entertaining fantasies and watching dubious content before being able to snap myself out of it. What happened to my discipline that was so strong just a month ago?