1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

[90-CHALLENGE] THE NINETY DAYS CHALLENGE !

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by 2525, Oct 27, 2017.

Do you want to participate?

1. Yes

2. No, probably later

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jigsawpuzzle

Jigsawpuzzle Fapstronaut

Hey i am only on Day 11 but keep getting strong urges esp at night. During your July month streak , did you get urges after the first 10 days and any tips you would like to share. My target is 90 days but to be honest i havent crossed 30 days mark ever!

Srisurya, Verissimus, AxBlaim and 6 others like this.
  2. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

3. Mr. Forrest

Mr. Forrest Fapstronaut

4. ineedclarity

ineedclarity Fapstronaut

5. Schia

Schia Fapstronaut

The urges never really went away that time after 30+ days. However, I did almost two years PMO free 2015-17, and the urges faded after 3-4 weeks, so I guess it changes. That time, I was in more desperate need of help, though, as my life was really falling apart. It changed massively. I remember reading people’s diaries and success stories, and knew that the only way to see if they were true were to hang in there. I turned my life around, so I know that it can work.

In July, I had a stressful event happen, and that definitely affected me, so avoid them if possible. The best things I can say are to try and sleep well, and focus on the positives of not PMO. As good as that massive dopamine hit is, is it as good as the alternative? The sense of achievement, the fabled superpowers, the lack of disappointment and emptiness...

Get as much support as you can. An accountability partner is good, but you may be limited by however good they are, and how much you mutually care for each other. Check other people’s diary threads and encourage them along. In turn, they’re more likely to have your back, too. If there’s anyone in your life you can turn to for help, use them. They love you and will encourage you all you can.

The last thing I used to do was to think of P differently. For example, if that’a supposed to turn me on and be my fantasy, why the hell is that other guy in the movie?! Why’s he the lucky one? And why is it all so fake and unrealistic? Comparing the people in the P I used to the people in my real life, I could see the difference. This had a massive effect on my desire to seek P, and ultimately in my success. I would still have triggers, but I could handle them much better.

One last last thing - my brain definitely smarts up to my ideas. It will infiltrate my dreams to try to get me that way. When I try the RL focus, it will think of women I’ve been with or found attractive IRL, and feed my urges that way. But I know the only thing it is feeding the urge for is fake. The only way those IRL thoughts can become IRL reality is by getting through this! I am saying this as a married man, but it remains the same - I have had PIPD, and it will only really go away with this effort.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  6. Checking Day 4 in a few.

On a completely unrelated comment.

"I had an amazing date with my girlfriend yesterday, she's so amazing".

vicicool, bthebest, Vendidad and 7 others like this.
  7. Timothy_James

Timothy_James Fapstronaut

8. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

Day 19/90
    Currently on holiday. Urges got a way smaller than few days ago. Still couldn't help myself when seeing beautiful girl... yet I do admire the beauty but don't fantasize or even think to go into PMO.
    Rally determined work on my personality, holiday works well for it. Having a good time discovering nature, reading and writing.
    All the best chaps! Stay strong stay positive!

Vendidad, Gef.71, the_wizard and 10 others like this.
  9. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

Day 19/90
    Currently on holiday. Urges got a way smaller than few days ago. Still couldn't help myself when seeing beautiful girl... yet I do admire the beauty but don't fantasize or even think to go into PMO.
    Rally determined work on my personality, holiday works well for it. Having a good time discovering nature, reading and writing.

10. Robsoon

Robsoon Fapstronaut

Day 19/90

Vendidad, the_wizard, Pone and 4 others like this.
  11. Gurdev Thakur

Gurdev Thakur Fapstronaut

day 14 , today is my birthday and this was the day when i first decided to leave pmo 2 years back when i was in 10th grade but i couldn't ,, but today i'm gonna make that possible and will make this moth clean and will lso complete 90 days ,, so looking forward to it

12. )(__Castel__)(

)(__Castel__)( Fapstronaut

Happy birthday mate
    Hope you achieve what you are aming for

Checking in day 9

Say_Goodbye, Vendidad, Gef.71 and 7 others like this.
  13. lookingtochange

lookingtochange Fapstronaut

Day 6/90. Yesterday was wild with emotions but today feels it's starting a little better. I do feel a little sad tonight, hoping that goes away.

14. Tuinuane

Tuinuane Fapstronaut

15. legionnaire1234

legionnaire1234 Fapstronaut

16. AxBlaim

AxBlaim Fapstronaut