1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 Days NoFap + 3 wk's no smoke + my birthday today!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by 3nigma, Jul 18, 2019.

1. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Hey guys. I was hoping you all would celebrate with me. I'm officially 90 days fap free, 3 weeks without a cigarette, and today is my birthday. Woohoo!

NoFap has been pretty easy for me. I only started having sexual thoughts within the last week. Other than that my d*ck has been dead, so to speak. But now I'm starting to have sexual thoughts and feel pressure when I see a beautiful woman. I was kinda hoping I would stop getting semi's when looking at beautiful women, as I saw that as kinda a sign that I was still objectifying them. On the other hand, it feels good to know that if I get laid I might actually get an erection. I think what caused me to start having erections again is the fact that I quit smoking. They started about 1-2 weeks into quitting smoking. Again, I can't say this is exactly a welcome development but it's not a tragedy either.

Quitting smoking hasn't been easy. It's way harder than nofap. I'm still using the patches and the lozenges but I move to the Step 2 patch in 3 weeks. I'm feeling less and less desire to smoke but I still get cravings every once in a while.

And it's my birthday! woot woot! I'm hoping 33 will be a good year. Wish me luck!

2. Mithras

Mithras Fapstronaut

Happy birthday dude ! Congratulations for your achievements, you're a beast ! I'm actually trying to quit smoking too (Cigarette/Weed/Hash) and alcohol while doing nofap at the same time. Cigarettes are damaging blood vessels and can lead to erectile dysfunction, this coupled to PMO abuse and your d*** feels like a dead squid !
    Do you have any tips to overcome urges to smoke again ? For me the main trigger is my friends, who are mostly smokers. My vicious circle is : drink a few beers with cigarettes, joints while having a good time with friends => then get drunk and dizzy => "dissociate" from my efforts and daily work to get better => PMO relapse.

jarvyjarvison likes this.
  3. Hros

Hros Fapstronaut

Wow, congratulations! Awesome job!
    Happy birthday!

jarvyjarvison likes this.
  4. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Alright, what I did was quit the drugs that made it hard to quit anything else first. I quit kratom first and that made it much easier to quit the other substances. In your case, I would quit the weed and the hash first. Those two are the easiest to kick and once you've been off them for a couple months you'll feel more motivated to quit the cigarettes. You should avoid your smoking friends while you're trying to quit -- at least in the beginning. It sounds harsh but avoiding triggers was the only way for me. Also avoid drinking while you're trying to quit smoking. Alcohol's gonna make you crave both cigarettes and pot.

The only other advice I have for you is to be careful quitting pot. I quit suddenly when I was 21-22 and that's when I had my first psychotic episode. If you're having trouble quitting cold turkey because the withdrawals (sleeplessness, restlessness, boredom, anxiety) are too much, talk to a doctor.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  5. happy birthday @jarvyjarvison
    and well done my friend on staying clean

6. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

7. George2019

George2019 Fapstronaut

Hey man. I am further along in the smoking (4 yrs plus) and drugs (7 yrs free) although drugs were never a biggy for me anyway. Just started the nofap and that is a challenge for me.! Stick with the no smoking you will feel so much better and those who care for you will be so happy to have you around longer. Well done! And happy birthday

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  8. SovjetOnion

SovjetOnion Fapstronaut

Happy Birthday! I've passed three months now as well. Great feeling, and a great birthday present if you ask me!
    Keep up the good work

9. Omda72

Omda72 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

CONGRATULATIONS , ALL TH BEST MATE, AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY