1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

94 days!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Evansthegreat, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Evansthegreat

Evansthegreat Fapstronaut

I started because I read about it the long term effects of PMO and truly didn't believe I had the same issue as many other men and to my surprise women also. In the 1-2 weeks I learned PMO was something I did as habit and when I was bored or had nothing productive to do. Another major thing I realized I was doing was not seeing the difference between sex with my gf and PMO or PMO right after sleeping with her.

It is hard to see if these 3 months have done anything for me because I don't remember what I was like before I started. I read other success stories and what they've gained seems like night and day it's actually a little discouraging to be honest.

Am I missing something? Some perspective would help.

Whackless and Proceed like this.
  2. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Count yourself lucky sir! You got out before the habit become an addiction.

3. Fringe

Fringe Fapstronaut

ur brain will not remember pain after ur healthy. ur testamony is another reason for me to keep goin

Evansthegreat and scjguy like this.
  4. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

IF you were to relapse right now, do you think that will make you feel any better?

5. Fringe

Fringe Fapstronaut

do not relapse now. u went the distance. make it a lifestyle

frogg05 and Evansthegreat like this.
  6. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

He is not feeling any benefits though. Why he should suffer the pain of recovery if he's thinking recovery is all BS?

7. Fringe

Fringe Fapstronaut

because some peoples reboots may take a year. im proud of him. i think mine is definately be longer than 90 days. hes his own man though. if his goal was just 90 than he should feel free to go to town on hisself

Evansthegreat likes this.
  8. Fringe

Fringe Fapstronaut

not not just suppossed to walk around with a boner all of the time anyway unless ur 15 years old

9. Evansthegreat

This is inspiring to me thank you

Fringe likes this.
  10. Evansthegreat

I don't think so, I'm come so far why quit now. I've read a lot about people who have PIED or just not interested in real sex. Those 2 things are terrifying to me.

11. Evansthegreat

I don't think it is BS I'm frustrated but hearing my reboot may take longer makes it all a little better.

12. Awakening123

Awakening123 Fapstronaut

I am on 123 day today and i feel it will still take a long time for me. I have seen benefits here and there but the urges are still alive and pumping.

PotentLife and Evansthegreat like this.
  13. Proceed

Proceed Fapstronaut

I feel the same as you. I am on day 65 and I read people on this site who post about miraculous benefits they've noticed when I'm at the same level and I feel almost like I am where I started. I believe in myself and I know I will start to change for real soon, but it is frustrating for me sometimes because it just makes me think how I have just spent a lot of my days PMOing. Hope this helps. You are not alone

PotentLife and Evansthegreat like this.
  14. Whackless

Whackless Fapstronaut

Stop counting days, but still track your progress. Try counting months now.

15. Evansthegreat

Yeah just keep going I suppose my expectations were to feel like a too a pill from the movie limitless. I feel the 90 day mark is a great place to start for everyone but a full reset will take anytime after the 90 days. Is there science to the 90 day number?

PotentLife likes this.
  16. Evansthegreat

My goal is a year now to see how I feel I. I also want to put the moments I am having urges to use mostly push ups when it comes to my mind to PMO

Awakening123 likes this.
  17. Evansthegreat

This sounds like a better idea 1 year here i come

18. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Good attitude! You can read here of the damage that P has done. It's like an expose of what is supposed to go on in the privacy of our lives and out of the public sphere. In the public sphere, which is allergic to all forms of censorship in the name of freedom, it is considered normal to be a 'recreational user'. Moderation is fine... for virtuous activities, but for inherently vicious ones, like P use, it is not. Use soon becomes abuse as it gets the better of you. Quite sad that we have moved beyond notions of vice and virtue, good and evil, today.

19. PotentLife

PotentLife Fapstronaut

Hey, a special congratulations to you for getting this far on hope alone. Of course I'm hoping the benefits will start to kick in for you big time, like only a small readjustment of your stereo dial makes a new station come in loud and clear. I like that you mentioned Limitless because I'd posted it in my journal as an inspiration. It seems to portray very vividly the kind of mental state I'm hoping will happen. Do you do any other kinds of self-help stuff, like committing to practicing imagining yourself having those kinds of powers, cultivating a strong vision of what specific ways your ordinary life will change? I felt I couldn't do that very effectively because PMO for me I'm assuming was negative thinking on steroids. I had a lot of perverted and disgusting thoughts of things I didn't want to do in real life, which probably canceled out my good vision of myself. So I had to stop the PMO so the "positive thinking" could be the stronger force. What do you think you might try now that PMO isn't dragging you down?

20. Evansthegreat

I've been thinking about this for a couple days now, I should start exercising/reading again.

PotentLife likes this.