1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A BEAUTIFUL WOMAN

For Fapstronauts of the Catholic Christian Faith

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Proverbs 6 says: "Do not desire her beauty in your heart, Nor let her capture you with her eyelids."

I have learned enough skill in quitting P to be able to turn from sin if a TV scene gets smutty or if a woman is walking down the beach. But what if the TV scene is the most beautiful babe in the world. Your fav star and she is about to...

Or what if the babe on the beach looks like she could be in Victoria's Secret?

Honestly, a year ago I would just usually fall. But then I realized, satan's #1 worker is likely that babe that you can't resist. The one that starts you down the path. That big star or stunning woman.

So I added a prayer with just that type of temptation in mind. Pray: Father help me to not desire the beauty of a sinful woman.” As I pray the prayer I focus on not “Worshiping” that spectacular, sinful movie or TV star when she is doing satan's work. Or that spectacular out-of-control woman on the beach.

I am watching a new show which seems pretty clean. But some of the women are really beautiful. So I will be praying this prayer and focusing on “never” worshiping them if they start working for satan.

If we memorize this verse we realize: Only Jesus is beautiful and only He can give us a beautiful life. We realize that that the Bible clearly says that beauty that is sinful leads to destruction and that we should not desire it.

again likes this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I regularly review my conscience in order to recognize when and where I may be slipping in this regard and my conscience is far from spotless. Like you, I immediately turn away from any electronically conveyed image that could tempt me and I do not seek them out. Nevertheless, temptations do present themselves without me seeking them. Lately, when I am so confronted, I have found it useful to say to myself "OK, she is pretty, but so what? Now look away, don't dwell on her, and move on to other unrelated thoughts." When I must converse with an attractive woman as part of a routine day, I force myself to look only at her eyes or the tip of her nose until the conversation is done.

I believe God allows the devil to tempt us for a reason. Learning to stop ourselves from going from temptation to a venial sin of staring, or worse to a mortal sin of lusting, is an important strength to build and the Holy Spirit rewards us when we do control ourselves thus. Nevertheless, we are also expected to know we are too weak to deliberately expose ourselves to temptation. There are times in everyone's life when our willpower has the breaking strength of a chocolate bar and so we should not put our willpower to the test.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    timcia likes this.
  3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

The first point of this thread is to make “NO” exceptions to the rule of turning aggressively from sin. The big-time preacher thinks “I will only look this one last time. She is my favorite movie star.” What he does not understand is that satan won. Next, his wife lets him down... well he allowed satan in – he is in – hard to resist him now. Financial trouble at the church, down, down, down. Now his habit has turned the power completely off at the church.

All because “She” was special.

Proverbs 6 says: "Do not lust after her beauty in your heart." This verse is not banning looking at a beautiful woman. It is banning looking with lust.

So, when you are in a situation where a stunning woman is, or when you see one on TV or at the movies. The more you like or are attracted to that person, the more it is wise to pray fervently and constantly.

In our above example, the preacher might have had 60 days free. Satan would have been “out” to some extent. Satan's battle was being lost. But... satan had his “special” girl laying a beautiful trap. Don't step into his trap.

Pray: “Father, help me to make no exceptions. Help me to turn aggressively from sin in every situation.”

David gave in to a beautiful woman and his son was stillborn. Samson was likely tempted and gave in to the most beautiful woman in the land. He got his eyes poked out.

Finally, what if you are praying fervently and constantly and in the end, your favorite movie star stayed modest. Congratulations... you have started a habit that is one of the building blocks for staying free forever.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

A new movie or show comes out. You are sure it is total garbage (smut). But... there is this beautiful woman in it, and you really like her.

The problem is, you are seeing what satan wants you to see instead of what you are actually seeing. The Bible says in Ephesians 6: 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

We are wrestling against looking and against clicking on this show/movie. But if you think you are wrestling against looking at her beauty (flesh and blood) instead of against “principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places,” then you may very well be fooled.

Instead, it is wise to think about her the way this verse describes her. [​IMG]

Consider praying:

“Father, show me what I am really fighting against.”

Second, 1 Corinthians 3 says 16 Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst? 17 If anyone destroys God’s temple, God will destroy that person; for God’s temple is sacred, and you together are that temple.”

What are the number 1 and number 2 habits that you need to form in order to keep God's temple sacred in the future? Consider spending a block of time today looking up, “How to form habits” on Google. Or, review old articles about habits so that you can form them in a more Godly manner.

From now on consider praying, “Father, show me what I am really seeing,” when considering a show or a movie that seems sinful.

From now on, see what satan is showing you from God's perspective, not satan's.

5. I think a big part of turning away from sin and lust is removing it from the places we do control, so then all that is left is that which is outside of our control. I remember coming back from Mass and I was about to watch a movie and I heard a voice within ask “why, after Mass, are you choosing to watch a movie with content that would make you blush if Christ, Mary, Joseph, or any other saint were in the room with you?” Does what you watch bring God glory?

This made me realize that my outlook on all of the things I watch, listen to, or read needed to be re-evaluated. It’s not that everything had to be religious, but that it couldn’t something scandalous for a Catholic to ingest. Frankly, setting the first standard that I will no longer tolerate movies, music, or t.v. with blasphemy pretty much has removed 90% of all secular entertainment. At first, due to my attachment to these things, I became worried that life would be boring. Yet, the more I stayed the course the more God provided the grace to break free from such attachments. I’m sure to a worldly person, my life looks boring, however, I can say that I have never felt bored or unhappy as a result of this change.

When I’m out in public or places in which I have no control over what I see or whom I interact with, I pray for the grace to keep custody of my eyes, ears, and mouth and to think kindly of my neighbor and about their dignity as being made in the image of God. I pray they too discover this dignity they posses as well. Sadly, most people in my society don’t know any better and I find myself oftentimes repeating the verse “Father, forgive them for they know not what they do” and then find myself saying “have mercy on me and them”.

again, Keli and timcia like this.