1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Cure for Disconnection

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Ozatm, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Ozatm

Ozatm Fapstronaut

Came across a great article on loneliness in our modern society, how technology makes us lonelier than ever, and what we can do to build more meaningful relationships.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/articles/201803/cure-disconnection

Loneliness hurts, and loneliness kills. After reading this, I hope to put more thought and effort into building and maintaining quality relationships in my life.
    - Ozatm

P-Free and Roady like this.
  2. Ozatm

Ozatm Fapstronaut

I think that sentence sums up quite a bit. The feeling of loneliness, and its impact on our health, cannot be gauged simply by how many people we have in our lives. It is sad, but true, that we can be surrounded by people and still feel alone. The cure for loneliness isn't just to be around others, but we must create meaningful interaction and connection with them. This is why popular kids (not speaking from experience) can be the most isolated. When everyone wants to be your friend superficially, it can be hard to find deep relationships.
    - Ozatm

Deleted Account likes this.
  3. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

Read the complete article
    Though it's long but it's worth reading
    Thanks for sharing

Ozatm likes this.