A dislike button to hide posts?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support and Feedback' started by Deleted Account, Dec 26, 2016.

1. So we have a Like button, that's all great. But sometimes I wish there would be a dislike button as well. There are few members (myself included sometimes, I'm sorry) that sometimes reply random nonsese. Basically just troll / spam that possibly has nothing to do with original thread. And then are even some members who's 90% of their posts is nothing but just that. Nothing offensive, nothing that brakes forum rules, nothing worthy of deleting or reporting... just useless troll posts without any substance.

How about a forum function where those posts can be anonymously disliked? And then it shows how many anonymous dislikes a reply has. And once it reaches certain amount of dislikes (like maybe 10 for example) it is hidden in spoiler tags automatically by a system. Or maybe instead of just set amount of dislikes it couple be like to dislike ratio, that would be more accurate. Or maybe combination of both. For example it needs to have as a minimum less than 50% like to dislike ratio (and no less than 10 dislikes more than likes) for it to be hidden. Meaning, if 49% of people who rated a post likes it and there are minimum 10 dislikes more than likes it gets hidden is spoiler tags. Everybody can still open it to see it, it's just not automatically shown.

I remember once being part of forum where there was such a system. It worked great. All the good stuff was up voted and all the bad ones were hidden in spoiler tags, but still viable by everybody if they choose to open spoiler.

I don't know how easy that would be implemented into this forum template tho. I am not a programmer. Maybe it would require a whole new template, it which case I get that it probably won't happen. But if this thing can be edited to add this function I think that would be something to consider? Thanks for reading.

Example:
    Lol ya so funny trollolol hurr durr :p:p:p:p

2. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Fapstronaut

There's a function called "ignore".

Mitchell's Way and AndySky180 like this.
  3. Ignore what? A post? Cos I don't want to ignore a whole user or all his posts, which I think is what "Ignore" button would do, correct me if I'm wrong. And neither would that give poster a feedback on how people rated his post. And also it would not warn other users of bad posts.

Mitchell's Way likes this.
  4. Lone_Wolf

Lone_Wolf Fapstronaut

I just don't see the point of all that. If a post is irrelevant, and you don't want to ignore the user, just skip it. Personally, I don't need a warning about a post. I can look at it and determine if it's worthy of further attention or not. Usually such posts that you're concerned about are short and not essay-length (generally they're one-liners).

Mitchell's Way and AndySky180 like this.
  5. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

Uh-oh. Shugi's talking about me, again...