A dub

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by hitchslap, Nov 6, 2022.

1. hitchslap

hitchslap Fapstronaut

I wanted to post in this forum because I've earned the right to. 31 days no POM.

I've haven't felt this good for as long as I can remember. Literally everything is better -- my work, my relationships with friends and family and most importantly my relationship with myself. I have been strong in the face of temptation and I feel like I this is the person I want to be.

My advice? Don't wrap yourself up in why's, just don't do the things you know won't help. Don't look at things you know will make it harder. Don't mindless scroll on your phone. Don't ogle girls on the street. Don't do that stuff and when you don't, let that build you up.

Change your behavior FIRST and then the mindset will follow.

2. So nice; congratulations and keep it up :)

hitchslap likes this.
  3. Laurie211098

Laurie211098 Fapstronaut

Congrats man, that is a great achievement. Hoping to be where you are soon. Your strategy sounds like CBT a bit; do the things you know you should do, let this change your feelings and your thoughts will change as a consequence. I like it. Keep it up brother

hitchslap likes this.
  4. hewm

hewm Fapstronaut

Cool. So Action is better than thinking

5. hitchslap

hitchslap Fapstronaut

You got it. It's actually more like just BT -- more and more I'm finding out that cognitive change has little to no benefit for escaping addiction. In fact, I believe it's possible that it may work against you in that it can give you more opportunities to fail.

Laurie211098 likes this.
  6. hitchslap

hitchslap Fapstronaut

Yes, 1000-fold.

Laurie211098 likes this.
  7. I like this. Sometimes I have a hard time fighting with the addict in me whether I really want to give up, and I think it's good advice just to sometimes focus on the behavior, and not try and intellectualize it.

NickRivers likes this.