1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Flood of Love

For Fapstronauts of the Protestant Christian faith.

1. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Jesus died on the cross for our sins. When we accept Him, he floods us with His love. Today, remember what He did for you. The sacrifice he became for our wrongdoings. With His sacrifice, He showed us how much He loves us. The next question is, how can we show Him that we love Him?

The Bible says in John 14: Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me.” When we read, study, and memorize scripture we start to “have” His commands more fully. Then, as we input these commands we start to understand why He wants us to obey them.

We also show Jesus that we love Him by admitting we need a savior. Consider praying:

“Father, I need You, please help me to “show” my love for You, considering the way You showed Your love for me.”

When you don't feel like fighting for freedom anymore, remember what Jesus did for you. Trust me, He didn't feel like hanging on the cross either. Remember his love and sacrifice when you are tempted, and fight even harder.

2. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 ESV

Love

Does not insist on its own way;” Instead of getting upset if I don't get my way... I can decrease temptation (DT) by praying to increase in love.

It is not irritable or resentful;” When I start down this road, I can decrease temptation (DT) by starting to praise God and praying for more love.

Love bears all things,” I can (DT) by trying to carry, suffer or endure all things.

Hopes all things,” God will help us. I can (DT) by my belief and hope. I believe God will help me and I will wait patiently until it happens.

1 Corinthians 16:14 ESV
    “Let all that you do be done in love.”

Quote this every hour.

1 John 4:8 ESV
    Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.”

Consider meditating on 1 Corinthians 13 often to increase in love.

1 Peter 4:8 ESV
    Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

Loving others means less trouble which means less temptation.

John 14 ESV
    15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever.”

When we break the commandments we think we have gotten something. The truth is... When we keep the commandments, we start to get everything, including the great presence of the Holy Spirit.

3. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

Love is an action word. Christiananswers.net said: “It is goodness that one chooses to do on behalf of another, and it ultimately relies on faith and hope in God. True love is humble, righteous, forgiving, patient, generous, kind, and willing to endure personal loss and suffering.

Love is the opposite of self-absorption and selfishness, which are chiefly devoted to one’s own personal pleasure, benefits, welfare, and profit. Extreme selfishness is one of the traits of Satan, the devil—the enemy of God and mankind.”

Today, consider writing your own prayer rejecting lust and promoting love. Examples:

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to focus on righteousness.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to forgive.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to endure hard times by learning the habit of praising You.”

“Father, take away my spirit of lust, and help me to care about others.”

I have started a new forum to help people quit drinking and drugs. I need help from Christians who want to join and start posting to help others. I also would like to invite people who struggle in those areas to join. Please note: Wordpress passwords need 10 characters or more, and you need numbers, capitals, and special characters (@, #, *, etc.) Thx.

There are many quitting drinking/drugs forums out there, but they will immediately kick out anyone who quotes too many scriptures or worse yet, says to obey them.

Finally, if you want to promote this new site on Facebook or social media you can use this paragraph if you like it.

New Christian Forum

I almost never pressure people to quit drinking or drugs, but I support and help those who want to quit. Here is a new forum that will be updated consistently for Christians who want to quit drinking or drugs. Many have quit before, and this might be a helpful place if you want a new life. God bless.

4. timcia

timcia Fapstronaut

When I first got saved I was amazed by the overwhelming love, and joy that filled me. For a few days, I did not want to sin, and I wanted to tell everyone what I had experienced. But within 4-5 days I began to wonder, can I still sin? Can I get away with that? Then I started slipping right back into my sinful habits. What I completely failed to notice was... my love and joy started to slip as well. Within a few months, my habits were back, and my love and joy were low again.

In Revelation 2 God demands that we go back to our first love.

“I have this against you,” John writes, “that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen; repent and do the first works, or else I will come to you quickly and remove your lampstand from its place—unless you repent” (Revelation 2:4–5, NKJV).

God demands that we remember our first love. That we repent and renew our first love. That we pray about and get back to (or start) doing the “first works.” Consider praying:

“Father, please remind me of the time of my first love for You.”

What sin is keeping you from your first love? What borderline activities make you too busy to pray and study the Bible?

Insist on living in God's love, in staying in step with His Spirit, and insist on always going to war with things that cause that love to fade.