1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Prayer Journal

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, I bow before You. May Your name and kingdom be made great in my heart and in the world. I come before You as a needy sinner today. My need is deeper than my outer circumstances. I need restoration of my heart and mind. I can’t earn my salvation or make things right with You just by living better, even on my best days. I need Your mercy and the perfect righteousness of Christ. Open my eyes and help me to hate my sin the way You hate it. Help me to see how my sins grieve Your heart. Help me to remember that Your mercy and forgiveness exceed even my worst sins. Thank You that I do not face condemnation, and that You love me and will always love me. Help my faith to sink deeper into my heart. In Christ, You have made me a son and have invited me into Your family. Bless my reading in the Word, and help me to understand and embrace life and truth for this day. I surrender my body, my mind and my all to You today. Lead me in the paths of righteousness. May thankfulness grow in my heart and mind. Keep my mind stayed upon these truths. I am fickle, but You are always the same. Fill me with the Spirit, and Your peace. Give me wisdom for this day, and use me as an instrument of Your love toward others. May my life be a pleasing aroma to You. In Jesus' name, amen.

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

What a beautiful and inspirational prayer! Thank you for posting it.

ICE :D likes this.
  3. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, I am filled with awe as I look to the heavens. I cannot count the stars and yet You named each one. You command the seas and the storms. All of creation was made by Your hand and is held together by Your power. Your might and majesty would lead me to terror if it wasn't for Your goodness and mercy; for who am I, and what have I done? My greatest comfort is that I am not my own, but that now I belong to You, purchased by Your precious blood. You have set me free to walk in truth and to follow You the rest of my life. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord my Rock and my Redeemer.

Along with many of my brothers and sisters on this forum, I have struggled with shame, anxiety, loss of relationships, hopelessness, anger, and lust. I've felt defeated as a man, a husband and a father, and even as Your son. For too long I have tried to fight these battles on my own and in my own strength. I have made this mess by pursuing my own selfish ends instead of following You with all of my heart. Forgive me for at times having hard thoughts toward You, and help me to embrace Your loving discipline in my life. Put within me a right spirit, a renewed mind, and a heart of flesh. As I study Your Word, draw out my affections toward You and open my eyes to Your wisdom and truth that I might be changed. I turn to You today, my God, letting go of my expectations and my reputation. Use my life and make me more like Jesus. Thank Your for the peace and love that You have poured on me as I have turned to You, may it overflow into the lives of others around me. Help me to dwell in Your shelter, and abide in Your shadow. I will trust You as my refuge and fortress. In Jesus’ name, amen.

kylewantstowin and Raahvi like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Thank you so very much for this prayer! It speaks so much of what I feel. Truly inspiring! Thank you!

5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

PS I think I could only tarnish these words by penning my own prayer at this time. I simply want to contemplate what you have written and let it draw me closer to the Lord.

6. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

May God receive all of the glory, I am a just a broken man.

7. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, help me to come to You as a child, trading my own wisdom and accomplishments for Your perfect wisdom and accomplishments. For Your name is mighty and Your promises are sure. Your words are precious like honey, and Your salvation is a pearl of great price. Help me to count my worldly possessions and reputation as nothing that I might take hold of Christ. I am weak, but in my weakness may Your glory shine bright. Help me to lay down my burdens at the cross. Thank You that it's not up to me to win the war or even to solve all the problems in my life. You have called me to trust and obey, to tremble before Your Word, to look to You in everything, and to leave the results in Your hands. I drift into bitterness, hopelessness, or apathy when I take my eyes off of You, but in the gospel I have a sure foundation for rest and peace in Christ. Open my eyes more and more to the wonders of the gospel, and the depth of Your love through Christ. Pour out the Spirit upon me, and may my life be filled with the fruit of the Spirit. Make me worthy of Christ's calling. Make me a servant and a blessing to others as Your love works in me. May Your name be honored and glorified in my life today. In Jesus' name, amen.

CPilot likes this.
  8. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, my heart is soaring up to You as I consider Your great and marvelous deeds, Your infinite knowledge and wisdom, Your love and care throughout generations, Your mercy and forgiveness to me. Even in my struggles and sin You look on me with compassion and pity like a father looks upon a sick child. My high priest, Jesus, knows my weakness and is interceding and advocating for me in heaven.

I pray for my brothers and sisters who are struggling today. Help us to remember that we are not alone. Help us to remember that our sins are removed as far as the east is from the west. Help us remember that You are near and welcome us to come to You with everything. Help us to remember that our sins are not greater than our Savior, and that nothing can separate us from Your love. In Jesus' name, amen.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2021
    CPilot likes this.
  9. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Lord, in the midst of the storm, I will trust You. At times it feels like my life is falling apart. At times I feel hopeless. I've cried out for Your help and at this moment I don't see a clear response. But I clearly see You at work in my heart, and that fills me with peace and even rejoicing. Throughout time You have been faithful and changeless, and I will wait upon You in hope. On Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand.

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! Forgive me for seeking comforts in this life and even the good and wholesome things in this life more than I have pursued You. Grow me in my understanding of Your love, and for it to become real to me as I daily seek You in the Word, and prayer. Thank You for this day of rest and the fellowship of other believers. Help me to see the needs of others around me and to love and serve them. Make me more like Jesus, in whose name I pray, amen.

10. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

God, help me today. I want to please and glorify You in my life. Expose the lies that I have clung to in the past and help me to embrace and cling to the truth in Your Word. A lot of my problems have come from not really believing Your promises, and from intellectualizing my faith instead of resting in it. Draw near me today as I draw near to You, like You promise. It's in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

11. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, take my life and make it Your own. I surrender the pursuit of my selfish ends. It is only by Your grace that I stand, and only Your grace that I need. Illumine my eyes and my heart to things that are true, just, honorable, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, and praiseworthy. I will meditate on what Jesus finished on the cross as my sins held Him there. Too often I walk through life as if Jesus' crucifixion wasn't a reality, as if His death was for "the world" but not for me personally. Help me to live in the wonder of Your love today, every day, and through eternity. Glory and honor, praise and adoration be unto Your name alone, amen.

Raahvi likes this.
  12. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, hold me in Your powerful and compassionate hand. I am struggling today and feel like I'm going to fall. My heart is drawn to self, but You are all that I need. Give me the strength to follow You today with clean hands and a pure heart. Your Word I have hidden in my heart so that I might not sin against You. By steadfast love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the LORD one turns away from evil. If you, O Lord, should mark iniquities, O Lord, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness, that you may be feared. Be merciful upon me, O God, deliver me from the world, the flesh and the devil today. You haven't put within me a spirit of fear, but one of power and love and self-control. Today, with Your help, I will flee from youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. I hold fast to the promises in Christ, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross. It's in Jesus' name I pray, amen.

13. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Help me, Father, I am weak. I confess that sometimes in my heart I desire to sin more than to obey. Cleanse me through and through. Grant me the victory over sin today for Your glory and honor. Help me to keep my eyes upon the cross. In Jesus' name, amen.

kylewantstowin and Raahvi like this.
  14. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Holy Father, Redeemer, King, take my heart, my mind, my body. I surrender all that I am and all that I have. Use me for Your kingdom today. May Your name be exalted in my heart as I consider all that You have done. Thank You for condescending to earth in human flesh to condemn sinful flesh in the flesh. Thank You for bridging the gap so that You could call us friends. Open my eyes in the Word today. You are my Shepherd, I will not want. Lead me and restore me. Teach me to walk in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake. Be near me today as I draw near to You, as You promise. Today I am certainly walking in the valley of the shadow of death, but You are with me, and I will not fear, but will trust You and wait upon You. Your mercy and goodness are a crown upon my head. Thank You for all that You have done, and especially for Jesus' blood for me. Amen.

Raahvi likes this.
  15. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, it' not enough for me to seek You in the morning, and go about my day on my own. Help me to continually live in Your presence and to delight myself in You. I want a speedy answer, and a full deliverance now, but You want me to look to You and depend on You throughout each day. You give me my daily bread each day, and nothing more. You don't want me to be satisfied with yesterday's sprint, but have called me to daily take up my cross. Forgive me for not seeking You first in everything today. Set my feet upon the Solid Rock, and uphold me in Your grace tonight. Help me to see how needy and desperate my condition is, so that I might cling to You the rest of this day. Thank You that Your mercies are new every morning. Conform me more and more to the image of Jesus. Amen.

Myfortress likes this.
  16. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, today has been difficult. I come to You with my anxieties and fears, and lay them down at Your feet. I trust You, God, help my unbelief. Remove the burden of my sorrow and renew me in the joy of my salvation. Show me more clearly my sins, and strengthen me in my repentance. I will glory in the strength of Your arm, Your wisdom, and Your goodness. All that I have I lay down at Your feet. Forgive me for clinging to the things of this world and give me a heart for eternal things. Give me opportunities to speak words of life to others around me. I pray for everyone on this forum, that You would grant us victory in dying to this sin, and that in purity of heart that we would see You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Keli and Myfortress like this.
  17. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Beautiful and thoughtful! Thank you for composing and posting this prayer.

Myfortress likes this.
  18. somebodysdad

somebodysdad Fapstronaut

Father, I cry out to You with a heavy heart. Why am I so drawn to this sin? Why do I look to worthlessness when I have eternal riches in Christ? Open my eyes, renew my heart and my mind. Empower me to live for Your glory. Help me to take each thought captive. Help me to look for the way of escape. I can't do this on my own, but I also can't afford not to make this the fight of my life. I surrender my body and my life. I pray for others that are facing this same struggle. Give us victory through the power of the blood. Help me to cling to You and to not let go. In Jesus' name, amen.

Myfortress, CPilot and GentleMarine like this.
  19. GentleMarine

GentleMarine Fapstronaut

somebodysdad likes this.
  20. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Take heart! Your prayers come straight from the heart and God will answer your requests. Remain patient because Our Precious Lord knows some amount of straining/struggling/striving on our part is necessary for our success. When you fall, fall forward. Learn the lessons to be learned from each failure as you get back up and keep climbing the mountain. You are on the right path, don't be discouraged, don't let the bastard win.

somebodysdad likes this.