1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Progressive Challenge-A different kind of challenge- all levels

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by DerNeuMann, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Josh.stalz

Josh.stalz Fapstronaut

Day 2 was fine. Goodluck everyone

2. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Time to start a new physical workout?

Single Palm Change likes this.
  3. Single Palm Change

Single Palm Change Fapstronaut

Well, it's a "trick" for grounding yourself when stressed out. It's originally for people suffering from anxiety. I don't know if it can help with urges directly, but it can help to stop unwanted thoughts. I think going for a walk, cold shower or work out is better for heavy urges. But try it out:
    Name: 3 things you see, 3 things you hear, 3 things you can feel, 1-3 things you can smell/taste. Say it out loud for better effect (and you'll weird out people around you, extra bonus :) )

So example:
    "Damn! I'm feeling stressed. All these thoughts of women, body parts, gaaahhh I want to stop it. Ok. There's my shoes. There's a red car. There is bench. Ther is a sound of buzzing traffic. There's someone talking next to me. There is a car horn. I can feel the wind in my face. I feel my feet contact with the ground. I feel my eyelid itch. I can smell cigarette smoke. I can smell food. I can't really taste anything. Ok. Alright.. What was I doing?"

DerNeuMann and TanglePie like this.
  4. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Day 3.
    I finally managed to get a good amount of sleep yesterday night and I also had a dream in it.
    (And, talking about me dwelling on my past, I had a dream about something that I experienced a couple of months ago, something that was done and can't be changed.)
    Anyway, I'm feeling great.

5. Pranav1486

Pranav1486 Fapstronaut

6. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

Thank you so much man. Thats exactly what I was after. Its another thing I want in my arsenal.

7. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

Glad you got a decent amout of sleep bud.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  8. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

Day 1/7. Feels really weird being back here, but I feel good getting back into this rather than lying to myself again. Going to sleep tonight/this morning should be interesting, as it's going to be my first time struggling to get to sleep with the urges. I'm really proud of how far everyone in this thread has come, you guys are all amazing. You're half the reason I have the motivation to keep going :) Yall stay strong, and I will too.

9. DerNeuMann

DerNeuMann Fapstronaut

Great!!!

10. Single Palm Change

Day 32/45
    A month of diet complete. Lost 10 pounds. I don't even miss sugar. I really enjoy vegetables now. I don't think I will ever deteriorate back to an unhealthy diet.
    This project of mine is fast approaching the deadline. This stresses me out, and I am losing sleep. I feel some frustration and somewhere in the back of my mind, I can sense the PMO monster trying hard to figure out a way to use this to it's advantage.

I will stay vigilant. I will not let this stress get the better of me. I will work hard to finish my project, and hopefully I will be done later today. I will not post again until I finish. No more procrastination.

Great to hear. Sleep is so important. I'm happy for you. I hope you have a regular sleep from now on - you will see rapid improvements.

DerNeuMann likes this.
  11. dangerduff

dangerduff Fapstronaut

12. FEEL

FEEL Fapstronaut

Thank you very much, I really appreciate that.
    Just one more question -
    Do you have any good tips how to deal with withdrawal symptoms?

(Anxiety, Stress, Depression, Insomnia, Mood Swings, Tremors, Headache,
    Increased heart rate, Dizziness, Guilt attacks, Suicidal thoughts, Self-Centeredness,
    Brain fog, Obsession with past relationships, Tightness in the chest and Lack of Concentration)

I'm still not there but I feel that it's coming and, I know that it's going to hit hard on me.
    (I've mentioned some that I experienced in my previous streaks)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  13. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

6/14

Had an amazing day! Feeling good.
    All the effort and support you throw into this topic is great! Keep going but please, don’t think that you’re already there. There are so many examples of people who had an amazing streak but who let it slip. Please stay careful!
    Yeah it’s a great trick. Most of the time I forget to use it when I’m in trouble, but when I don’t it helps me all the time.
    Good news. Keep doing what you do right now, but stay careful!

DerNeuMann likes this.
  14. Leaveit

Leaveit Fapstronaut

15. TanglePie

TanglePie Fapstronaut

3/8 and feeling good to be honest. Just getting with things. Keeping busy

16. Deth

Deth Fapstronaut

I'm sorry I'm not terribly active, I'd love to reply to each and every one of you and help in what little ways I can as a thanks for all the ways you've all helped me (with or without realizing it), but I don't quite have the time or energy for that. I'll get back into that while I can.
    It didn't help that I was completely exhausted at the time, but last night was pretty easy to get through. Back to 2/7, still feels really weird to be back here. Not bad-weird, just weird. Stay strong, all!

17. Single Palm Change

Yes, o.k. maybe this will help. All from my own experience of course, so no guarantees.

- Keep in mind, you are going to go through these for some time. They will keep coming and coming. So make sure you have the right attitude. "In it for the long run." Some of the things you list can be dealt with immediately, but some of them take a long time to self-correct. So have faith and patience!

- Exercise, especially cardio. Going for a long brisk walk, or jogging. If the exercise becomes a habit and a way to "get out of your head", then you will see some improvement in mood the following hours. Also helps with insomnia.

- Cold baths for depression and feeling low, no energy
    - Hot baths for anxiety and feeling wired and stressed out.

- Deep breathing (belly breathing) and humming. Humming stimulates the vagus nerve which relaxes you, calms down the body/stomach (gut-brain axis) and activates the autonomic nervous system. If you have any "stomach feelings", the feeling of a hole, or tight knot in the stomach, this method will help. "Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

- The "name 3 things" technique is very useful for clinging thoughts, and negative thought-loops:

Also make sure you get enough to eat, drink enough water, and try to have a regular sleeping pattern.

TC10 likes this.
  18. Single Palm Change

Project back on track. In good time for deadline. Ahhh. Putting in some work feels good.

Good job, keep going!

I will, thank you for the reminder. I had some second thoughts after posting that, that I was coming off as arrogant. I thought at the time, that I was maybe arrogant in your guys eyes, but your post made me think realize that the arrogance I felt was towards my own self.
    I am staying careful, and keeping busy. Thank you

3 weeks! Congratulations! Good job, keep it up

Busy is good. Enjoy the good feelings

That's alright, what matters most is that you recover!

TanglePie, TC10, DerNeuMann and 3 others like this.