1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Realization

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by The Consigliere, Sep 22, 2019.

1. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

So I've been pondering this for a few years now. But I've think this realization is more prevalent due to the fact that I went on a 10-day vacation with family last month.

It's time I leave this house I've lived in for the past 13+ years. I've had a lot of ups and downs in this home. But I realized that I'm only holding myself back. I love my family. But there's a mutual understanding that I'm ready to move on. There's so much history, but for me to mentally move on, I must eventually take this leap of faith.

When I was on vacation, it was more than a vacation for me. It's the first one I've had in years. I was an adult and I got to do things on my own and figure out new things on my own. That was exciting. And again I know it was just a vacation, but I learned that I need a change in my life.

Coming back home, it was a battle against my old bad habits. And it's not easy. So I'm working towards eventually moving out. I currently have a job. But I'll be pursuing a new one soon because my current one is only seasonal. But along with a job, I'm working on different side hustles. Eventually I plan on scaling them so I can fulfill my goal of moving out, moving forward and facing more challenges in life head on (me enlisting in the Marines also fits the bigger picture of my current life).

I know this is a quite a bit to read. But I wanted to get this off my chest because I have been thinking about this for a few years now. I just never got it off my chest until the thoughts became more prevalent.

Anyone else currently is or has been in a similar situation? I would love to hear your feedback below.

Fullyawake likes this.
  2. Fullyawake

Fullyawake Fapstronaut

I know exactly what you mean. I live with a family member and feel like I’m held back from living my full life. I hate having to say where I’m going and what I’m doing, and would love to just do what I like with complete freedom. Family are good but they do hold us back. They claim to want the best for us, which is true. But their judgement and safety blanket is something we don’t need. Just fucking do it.