1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Yes, Jesus' love for us is beyond comprehension and I have been letting the enemy deceive me for too long. Each and every one of us is "the joy set before Him." Amazing!!

Knighthawk and Tao Jones like this.
  2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Oh how marvelous to hear these words of encouragement today. Thank you!

Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  3. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

When I am faced with the consideration of my many, many sins and truly seek forgiveness, I have been moved to tears by the parable of the prodigal son. Luke 15:11-32. I am particularly touched when thinking about verse 20
    "So he set off and went to his father. But while he was still far off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion; he ran and put his arms around him and kissed him. "

The integrity of God's love is so far beyond human love. He doesn't love us only when we are obedient to Him but our obedience to His commandments is an expression of our love in return. For humans when we are loved by someone but we don't love them back the joy of love isn't intense within us. However, when we love someone and feel that love in return our hearts soar! The father is always there with His love and we can feel its intensity when we love Him back.

Knighthawk, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  4. HelpMe81

HelpMe81 Fapstronaut

Joshua 1:9
    "Behold I command thee, take courage, and be strong. Fear not and be not dismayed: because the Lord thy God is with thee in all things whatsoever thou shalt go to."

Knighthawk, Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.
  5. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

Akeakua, I really admire you so much. I've been away from Nofap for a while , not sure why, but I realised it hasn't been a good thing. Now when I log in the first thing I notice is that you've kept on posting a bible verse every single day! That's what I call determination! I'll try to start reading the bible verses because they really encourage me, thank you!

6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I am so happy you are back Kemar! God's love never ceases and he has awesome things in store for you!

Knighthawk and Kemar935 like this.
  7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Exodus 17:8-13

8 The Amalekites came and attacked the Israelites at Rephidim. 9 Moses said to Joshua, “Choose some of our men and go out to fight the Amalekites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill with the staff of God in my hands.”

10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

8. “And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.”

Philippians 1:9-11 (NIV)

Just realized I have been in God’s word every day for the last 86 days straight, hallelujah! I’ve noticed a change in me. The Bible app is an awesome tool to make sure you get a daily dose of scripture I highly recommend :)

Kemar935, Akeakua, Keli and 2 others like this.
  9. Kemar935

Kemar935 Fapstronaut

which bible app are you using? there are soo many

Akeakua likes this.
  10. He meant the bible.com one, I believe. its rather good, got a few OliveTree bible which I like to as can be read offline. But the bible.com one is better... what with all the plans. Has loads of different bible translations available for free.

Kemar935, Knighthawk and Akeakua like this.
  11. Bible.com here’s a link to the app!
    http://bible.com/app

Kemar935 and Akeakua like this.
  12. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Esther 2:12-14

Before a young woman's turn came to go in to King Xerxes, she had to complete twelve months of beauty treatments prescribed for the women, six months with oil of myrrh and six with perfumes and cosmetics. And this is how she would go to the king: Anything she wanted was given her to take with her from the harem to the king's palace. In the evening she would go there and in the morning return to another part of the harem to the care of Shaashgaz, the king's eunuch who was in charge of the concubines. She would not return to the king unless he was pleased with her and summoned her by name... Esther won the favor of everyone who saw her... and she won King Xerxes' favor and approval more than any of the other virgins. So he made her queen.

Esther 7:4-6
    Then Queen Esther answered, "If I have found favor with you, Your Majesty, and if it pleases you, grant me my life--this is my petition. And spare my people--this is my request. For I and my people have been sold to be destroyed, killed and annihilated. If we had merely been sold as male and female slaves, I would have kept quiet, because no such distress would justify disturbing the king."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Esther was a remarkable person. Her and Mordecai were so inspiring. They were wise, yet gentle and lowly, Esther especially so. Esther began as a servant, humbly heeding every request of the king's cosmetic plan. The Jewish people were exiled during this period. For Mordecai would not bow down to Haman as new viceroy (a Jew to an Amalekite ? /not bowing before a megalomaniac ?), and Haman finding out he was a Jew, set forth a genocidal plan against the Jews. These events were set into motion, a time of panic, yet she still maintained composure and always addressed her requests to the king gently. "It it please you...", "If I have found favor with you..." Although Esther was the king's favorite, there was a time over 30 days had passed before he had called for Esther. This time passed, she risked death to bring her requests to the king... She said "If I perish, I perish", and she was extended the scepter (a rarity, the king made it clear he was in his rights to bring death to anyone coming unsummoned). She was wiser to know better than to present a request unannounced and without having made something pleasing for the king (this is my take on these events), so she had prepared not one but two pleasant banquets for him. What wisdom, what gentleness, what self-control, what love for God, for her people. I am encouraged reviewing Esther today. A foundation firm as Esther's can only be found in God's Vine, and the Holy Spirit will rest on us. Of course, it is a daily commitment to the Lord and nothing will ever change that. But each consecutive day with the Lord, that commitment transforms from duty into delight, and we will no longer want to be detached from the Lord's Vine. Let us give our praises to God for his plans for us are wondrous, and we will do courageous acts we at one time never though possible, and our lives will have fulfillment we at one time never thought possible.

13. You have all the right words. May your steps grow to match them.

I appreciate you, my friend!

Kemar935, Akeakua and geester like this.
  14. HelpMe81

HelpMe81 Fapstronaut

I will praise the LORD at all times. I will constantly speak his praises.
    –Psalms 34:1

15. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Zechariah 10:1-2

Ask rain from the Lord in the season of spring rain—
    the Lord who makes the storm clouds;
    And he will give them showers of rain, to everyone the vegetation in the field.

For the household gods utter nonsense, and the diviners see lies; they tell false dreams and give empty consolation. Therefore the people wander like sheep; they are afflicted for lack of a shepherd.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  16. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Colossians 3:1-5

Therefore, if you have been raised with Christ, keep seeking the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on the things that are above, not on the things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory.

Therefore, treat the parts of your earthly body as dead to sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and greed, which amounts to idolatry.

17. Such a great promise and picture of reality -- "you HAVE DIED" (present perfect; a completed action!) and "your life IS HIDDEN with Christ in God" (present tense; an action occurring right now!). Just blows the mind to see ourselves as God sees us. This is one way that the Scripture is life-changing!

Kemar935 and Akeakua like this.
  18. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Amen Tao :) Dead to the world, alive in Christ, it really is mind-blowing and amazingly hopeful.

Tao Jones, Rosamund and Kemar935 like this.
  19. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Isaiah 6:5

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

20. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Psalm 4:3-6

Know that the Lord has set apart
    his faithful servant for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him

Tremble and do not sin;
    when you are on your beds,
    search your hearts and be silent.
    Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
    and trust in the Lord.