1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

A Scripture a Day...

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Great post. If anyone wants to pray for me that would be good. I've started working again in a fairly rough environment. Many of them now know I am a christian. I've had some flack but I don't mind. I just feel sorry for them. But please pray I can really be the light. And also for protection and that I can do a really great job.

2. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Very poignant, thanks for sharing that I haven't heard it before. One of the devil's proudest accomplishments is that many agnostics and even some Christians have bought the ruse that proclaims the devil doesn't exist. If someone believes that they are on the precipice of swallowing the even greater lie that God doesn't exist. The devil is out there and actively trying to tempt us but God allows it because withstanding temptation makes us stronger.

3. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I will pray. Thank you for sharing and stay strong in Christ HenryForward.

Psalm 52: (i),1,6-7
    (A maskil of David -- When Doeg the Edomite came and told Saul and said to him, "David has come to the house of Ahimelech.")

Why do you boast in evil, you mighty man? The steadfast love of God endures all the day.

The righteous shall see and fear, and shall laugh at him, saying, “See the man who would not make God his refuge, but trusted in the abundance of his riches and sought refuge in his own destruction!”

But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God. I trust in the steadfast love of God forever and ever. I will thank you forever, because you have done it. I will wait for your name, for it is good, in the presence of the godly.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Henryforward and CPilot like this.
  4. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Heavenly Father, the source of all wisdom and strength. We come to you as sinners but we know You wish to wash us clean. We wish to do your will and bring all souls to you but we need Your words and Your compassion. Please guide us so that or actions demonstrate to the world Your unfathomable love. Let us never turn souls away from you by our words or actions.

Akeakua, Keli and Henryforward like this.
  5. Thank you brothers. I have had an interesting day. Carried through by our Lord. His grace is sufficient for today. I finally understand what that means.

Myfortress, Akeakua and Tao Jones like this.
  6. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

2 Chronicles 16:9a

For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Henryforward and Tao Jones like this.
  7. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I want to share some more wise lyrics from Shai Linne's Doxology Intro:

"Theology is the study of God and it's very important;
    Doxology is an expression of praise to God

So, the point here is that all theology should ultimately lead to doxology
    If theology doesn't lead to doxology, then we've actually missed the point of theology

So if you have theology without doxology, you just have dead, cold orthodoxy;
    Which is horrible, right?
    On the other side, we have people who say: "Ugh! Forget theology; I just wanna praise!" Right?
    But, if we have doxology without theology, we actually have idolatry!
    Because it's just a random expression of praise; but it's not actually informed by the Truth of who God is

So, God is concerned with both!
    He's concerned with an accurate understanding of Him;
    And that accurate understanding of Him, leading to a response of praise, adoration and worship towards Him."

8. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Exodus 4:10-17

Moses said to the Lord , “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.”

The Lord said to him, “Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.”

But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else.”

Then the Lord ’s anger burned against Moses and he said, “What about your brother, Aaron the Levite? I know he can speak well. He is already on his way to meet you, and he will be glad to see you. You shall speak to him and put words in his mouth; I will help both of you speak and will teach you what to do. He will speak to the people for you, and it will be as if he were your mouth and as if you were God to him. But take this staff in your hand so you can perform the signs with it.”

9. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 2:1‭-‬5

And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God.

10. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

I’m happy to see that this is thread is still going. It has been about a year since I’ve been on here and I am still suffering from my own sin. I will try and post here every day as a constant reminder that I should go to Gods word in my trouble and not turn to the worlds solutions, which are evil.

Henryforward, Akeakua and Tao Jones like this.
  11. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Romans 7: 18-25
    “For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, but I see in my members another law waging war against the law of my mind and making me captive to the law of sin that dwells in my members. Wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.”

12. I am here to bear witness as to what the word has done for me.
    It has brought an expected end to my wrestling in the flesh.
    To set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on things of the spirit is life and peace.
    Start memorizing scripture. Meditate and ponder on that scripture throughout the day. And this truth will set you free.
    We are told to throw ourselves at the mercy of the Lord.
    And I have found that by abandoning my own wicked thoughts and thinking about scripture instead. It truly does bring peace healing and freedom.
    Be encouraged and choose this day whom you will serve!

13. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

I'm happy you're making this commitment! I was strongly convicted and rebuked again of the sin I was committing before these 3 weeks. As a result, I turned back to the Word and praying the Lord's prayer reflectively and thoughtfully. As soon as I get up I do my best to get into the Word immediately and making it a habit, it becomes an automatic action. I pray right after and in the night before I lie in bed. I have been getting a little lazy with my nightly prayers due to being in bed later this last week. I say all this because I do believe in the power of staying in the Word and meaningful and earnest prayer. And I do believe your commitment will be life-changing for you. God loves you always.

14. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

1 Corinthians 6:5-7

I say this to your shame. Can it be that there is no one among you wise enough to settle a dispute between the brothers, but brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers? To have lawsuits at all with one another is already a defeat for you. Why not rather suffer wrong? Why not rather be defrauded?

15. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

‭‭Colossians‬ ‭3:1-5
    “If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry.”

Henryforward, Akeakua and Tao Jones like this.
  16. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Matthew‬ ‭4:11‬
    “Then the devil left him, and behold, angels came and were ministering to him.”
    ‭‭

Tao Jones, Akeakua and Henryforward like this.
  17. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Matt. 14:29-31 (Knox)
    29 He said, Come; and Peter let himself down out of the ship and walked over the water to reach Jesus.
    30 Then, seeing how strong the wind was, he lost courage and began to sink; whereupon he cried aloud, Lord, save me.31 And Jesus at once stretched out his hand and caught hold of him, saying to him, Why didst thou hesitate, man of little faith?

As I think of this question, "Why didst thou hesitate...?" I am a bit confused. Did I hesitate to ask the Lord to save me? Frankly, I think I have been calling for Him to save me from this sin for a very long time. Perhaps, my hesitation has been to rely on Him for being more comfort and more joy than the devil promised through my sin. For so long did I choose momentary pleasure along with the enduring agony of guilt instead of the all consuming joy of obeying the Father's commands. I failed to trust the Father would grant me such joy. Lord, save us all from the impulse to do evil and the failure to trust in Your peace.

18. All of our choices to sin boil down to this, I think.

John 6
    28 They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?”
    29 Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.”

That's it! The question each day, then, is: Do we believe in him? Do we trust what he has said? Do we live in such a way as if we actually take him at his word?

19. Akeakua

Akeakua Fapstronaut

Isaiah 40:3-5

A voice cries: “In the wilderness prepare the way of the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God.

Every valley shall be lifted up, and every mountain and hill be made low; the uneven ground shall become level, and the rough places a plain.

And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Tao Jones likes this.
  20. Rise Above

Rise Above Fapstronaut

Thank you both for sharing. I’ve realized this as well as I’ve looked into the reason for continually sinning. I completely agree that this is what it comes down to. Do we believe and do we trust what he has said as the truth?

Tao Jones and Akeakua like this.